HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Projects & Construction Updates

Old Posted Jun 10, 2019, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSlippery519 View Post
My wife made the same comment, that is a massive building for a gas bar/convenience store. I have not seen gas tanks going in either and I drive by twice a day which I agree seems odd.

The Tim Hortons is not far from being complete and the "gas bar" is not far behind so I am really curious what they will be doing in the next few weeks to prepare for traffic.
I was just at the Timmy's at Colonel Talbot and Southdale, and they have a poster on the window for the job fair. The poster mentioned Westdel store opening in July, but not a specific date. Regarding the convenience store, I wonder if it will be similar to the new Pioneer station at Dundas and Crumlin that also has a Mr Sub and Country Style in it. Maybe they are planning to have a couple other takeout counters in this one as well as the store and gas counter.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2019, 7:57 PM

McDonald's walls are now mostly framed (always strikes me as strange to see a commercial building like that being framed mostly out of wood). There is also a sign for a dental office going in the commercial strip between McDonalds and Timmy's. Some digging in front of the convenience store, so maybe that's the start of the gas bar.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2019, 10:45 PM

Parking lot contractor has been doing some grading work in prep for concrete curbs and eventual paving.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2019, 10:12 AM

Alot of progress on concrete curbs this week. Would expect the walkways to be poured soon. Paving is likely as soon as next week

Old Posted Jul 2, 2019, 10:07 PM

West Rock is the name - https://yorkdev.ca/project/west-rock/

Old Posted Jul 9, 2019, 9:03 PM

Parking lot from the front of the commercial strip over to the driveway on the west side of Timmy's being paved today.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2019, 1:53 AM

And west bound traffic was backed up to nearly Sanatorium at rush hour. Just goes to show the traffic volumes on this stretch of 2 lane road that needs to be 5 lanes NOW. The amount of new housing going in all the way to Mt Bridges demands this road be 5 lanes today and not 10 years from now. City and County need to move this forward ASAP.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2019, 10:34 AM

It was backed up because they had one lane open with a flag person due to the eastbound lane being closed for the paving. I went through at 430 off Westdel but fortunately caught the tail end of the traffic moving through eastbound before they stopped to move the westbound traffic through.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2019, 11:49 PM

More paving today and concrete walkways being poured.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2019, 10:01 PM

Tables and chairs now visible in the Timmies. Getting close to opening soon I would imagine. Exterior stone work started on the McDonalds and well as most of the windows.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2019, 10:56 PM

One of my daughter's friends works at the new Timmy's and says they are opening early this week (which isn't really a surprise since the sign says July and there are only 10 days left lol). Staff was there today for training. Place was all lit up overnight and the parking lot barrels are removed for the most part.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2019, 2:53 AM

We were out for a drive this evening and drove through the plaza parking lot. Noticed the foundations are also in for the car wash building, as well as the commercial building opposite Timmy's (building 9 on the site plan).

Old Posted Jul 29, 2019, 1:26 AM

Commercial building, dentist office and others.

McDonald's coming along

Old Posted Jul 31, 2019, 7:34 PM

Cinder block walls of the car wash are going up today.

Old Posted Aug 9, 2019, 8:32 PM

Curbs being poured around McDonalds today. Walls up at the car wash, no roof yet, and no sign of the gas bar being started yet.

This Timmy's has to be the quietest one in the city right now. Was in the drive thru today and talked to my daughter's friend who works there for several minutes and not one other car came up behind me lol.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2019, 2:40 AM

Landscaping and exterior drive-thru displays installed now. Paving around the McDonalds is very close. Would not be surprised to see open by Labor Day.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2019, 9:56 PM

McDonald's opened today. Also walls starting to go up on the commercial building 9 across the parking lot from Tim's. Still no sign of activity in the gas station store, or of gas pumps being installed. Work continues on what I assume is the dental office in the end unit closest to the road of the commercial building between McD's and Tim's. No sign of anything else going in yet.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2019, 12:29 PM

Concrete block for 1st floor now going up on building south of Timmies.

Old Posted Sep 17, 2019, 12:34 AM

A big hole was dug late last week between the store and car wash for what I assume will be the gas tanks. Still no idea what the brand will be, but I'm guessing the little Esso across the road is moving over here.

Old Posted Sep 17, 2019, 3:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djeffery View Post
A big hole was dug late last week between the store and car wash for what I assume will be the gas tanks. Still no idea what the brand will be, but I'm guessing the little Esso across the road is moving over here.
I am guessing Esso as well since Pioneer/Wendy's is proposed to go on the current Esso plot.
http://www.london.ca/business/Planni...3ZUuR-jFCDJJ-A

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Projects & Construction Updates