HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Dec 23, 2018, 11:45 PM
Nashville born and raised

For those who want construction photos, here's a few courtesy of Baronakim. From the high rent district....

Suitable for framing.

Old Posted Dec 24, 2018, 3:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baronakim View Post
Actually, no you can't say that about any area of Nashville. The history of Nashville shows that there are areas in which major growth will be concentrated first and foremost. Broadway. West End. Music Row. Because they are anchored by our cultural core. Honky-tonk lower Broad, Belmont, Vanderbilt, Centennial Park. …….

…...The infrastructure of Nashville's interstate rings are too close in to ever develop the kinds of city sized nodes like Atlanta's Buckhead or Perimeter. The River North proposal is a pipedream that hopes to equal the Battery in Manhatten. Not going to happen.
Good post!
While Nashville's growth is remarkable among American cities, the sort of exponential growth that would support the type of development River North is hoping for is decades away. They are just not building office buildings, in particular spec buildings, anywhere. Nashville's four spec office buildings underway now at Gulch Union, Broadwest and Nashville Yards are an aberration for a city it's size and probably an over reach. Indeed, it looks now like the beautiful ONEKVB building is in danger of not happening as a major tenant, Baker Donelson, is reported to have backed out.

Recent corporate relocations (Alliance Bernstein, Ernst/Young, Amazon and Bridgestone) have all expressed a preference for the vibe that exists in the downtown, Gulch, SoBro and Midtown neighborhoods. You won't get that vibe at River North.

Old Posted Dec 26, 2018, 7:08 PM

A (fuzzy) rendering for the proposed Paramount Condo Tower proposed for Church Street in downtown Nashville. The rendering was posted on a downtown billboard. Image from the NASHVILLE POST.

Some earlier reports listed the height at 60+/- stories and 700+ ft. The developers have proposed a land swap with the City to acquire the property.

For reference, the 524 ft, 45 story 505CST apartments are shown on the far right of the picture.

An earlier mock up of the skyline with proposed towers prepared by myself before this rendering was revealed.

Old Posted Dec 26, 2018, 7:55 PM
Future God

Hmm... kinda just looks like a larger version of 505...

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Dec 27, 2018, 4:10 AM

My card...

Old Posted Dec 27, 2018, 7:36 AM

^^^That's awesome! Nashville is punching above it's weight with it's skyline and it just keeps getting better!

Old Posted Dec 27, 2018, 3:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidTenn1 View Post
My card...

I will eat turkey bacon for a month if the Paramount is 65 stories.... I hope that it will be, but I just don't see that happening. Me thinks Tony is hoping for 50 story approval. I'm thinking he'll be lucky to get approval for 40-45.

As far as the design goes, we know we'll see varying iteration before the final design is approved. This one is okay. I'm not moved by it. But I don't dislike it either. It appears the designer is trying to create somewhat of a faux twin tower affect.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2018, 4:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PillowTalk4 View Post
I will eat turkey bacon for a month if the Paramount is 65 stories.... I hope that it will be, but I just don't see that happening. Me thinks Tony is hoping for 50 story approval. I'm thinking he'll be lucky to get approval for 40-45.

As far as the design goes, we know we'll see varying iteration before the final design is approved. This one is okay. I'm not moved by it. But I don't dislike it either. It appears the designer is trying to create somewhat of a faux twin tower affect.
It looks like it starts as two curved forms at the bottom then morphs into a geometric vertically gabled hard edge feature at the top. I may be seeing to much in this poor rendering, but nevertheless, it could have an interesting façade.

As for the final height, Tony has publicly stated he wanted to go higher than Austin, so maybe this guy will be spared.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2018, 5:08 PM

If he wants to go higher than Austin he'll have to go 850'.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2018, 7:33 PM

Nashville is looking nice!

Old Posted Dec 28, 2018, 5:58 AM

At the rate it's going Nashville will end up having more towers than Charlotte if it doesn't already.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2018, 10:47 PM

The Broadway Hotel proposed for a January, 2019 start has received design approvals.
The most recent rendering...

With the W Hotel, Gulch Union Office Building, 333 Office Building and the 1222 Apartment Building going up, that will make the south Gulch very busy with construction.

Old Posted Dec 29, 2018, 9:35 PM

It looks like the Dream Hotel in the heart of downtown on Fourth will be opening any day now and will be what I think is one of the nicest projects done in a great while.

The project preserved a narrow, century old building, which was a 'Gentlemen's Club" back in the days of President Theodore Roosevelt who visited there once. Another older building, former bordello, was beyond repair, so the original façade was saved and reapplied after a new structure was built. Then a ten story wrap-around building was added with period architecture. The hotel backs up to Printers Alley which was a row of bars and clubs for adults.

This hotel would make a beautiful setting for some film noir movie.

For reference;

Old Posted Jan 1, 2019, 2:29 PM

On my way home yesterday I took a slight detour through Nashville. First, your new tallest really stands out (something I wasn't expecting). Second, holy crap. A lot of places say they have "tons" of new construction, but Nashville really does! Its not like, yall have a lot going on for "your size" or something like that, theres just a crapload going on. Congrats, you guys are very lucky!

Old Posted Jan 2, 2019, 3:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtown,man View Post
On my way home yesterday I took a slight detour through Nashville. First, your new tallest really stands out (something I wasn't expecting). Second, holy crap. A lot of places say they have "tons" of new construction, but Nashville really does! Its not like, yall have a lot going on for "your size" or something like that, theres just a crapload going on. Congrats, you guys are very lucky!
I live in Virginia Beach and every time I go home to Nashville I can’t believe the changes. The 505 tower is actually not our new tallest. It looks taller because it’s on higher elevation. The Batman building is still the tallest building in the city and state. I can’t wait to see the changes that 2019 will bring to the skyline.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2019, 4:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruway2011 View Post
I live in Virginia Beach and every time I go home to Nashville I can’t believe the changes. The 505 tower is actually not our new tallest. It looks taller because it’s on higher elevation. The Batman building is still the tallest building in the city and state. I can’t wait to see the changes that 2019 will bring to the skyline.
It's really wild! Someone on another board posted all the new projects for 2019, and there are 19 new ones with over 20 stories. Plus, there are another 20 in the pipeline. Someone recently counted 37 completed buildings over 20 stories downtown. There are three times that many buildings between 10-20 stories.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2019, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidTenn1 View Post
Time for another update:
These are roughly to scale.

They're talking about this....^^^^

Old Posted Jan 3, 2019, 8:09 PM

The City has approved the design for the two 'towers' that will be home to Amazon's Operations Center of Excellence per the TENNESSEAN

Quote:
Work on Amazon's new Nashville home could be well underway by this summer.
Design plans for the tech giant's two towers in the Nashville Yards development were unanimously approved Thursday by the Metro Planning Department's five-member Downtown Code Design Review Committee.

The height has only been reported as 20 stories over 300 ft.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2019, 8:54 PM

I count 11 buildings in that development.

I can see why there is so much disappointment by other cities that couldn't land Amazon.

Last edited by cecilism; Jan 3, 2019 at 9:07 PM.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2019, 3:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilism View Post
I count 11 buildings in that development.

I can see why there is so much disappointment by other cities that couldn't land Amazon.
Amazon will only inhabit the two twenty story buildings as far as we know. The rest of the development was proposed and publicly rendered long before the Amazon search began.

However, I think this Amazon office is just the beginning and they plan to grow 'with' Nashville instead of 'ahead' of it. There will be more to come.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations