HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Mar 2, 2019, 4:13 AM
Nashville born and raised

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-dub View Post
Oracle looking to set up shop in Nashville.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/busine...local-presence
Quote:
Sources have told the Post that Oracle, the Bay Area-based company that last year had revenues of nearly $40 billion, is seeking about 800,000 square feet of office space in the core of Music City for inside sales, marketing and sales support teams.
The reporter goes on to speculate that 800,000 sf is suitable for up to 3,000 office workers. Of course speculation as to where they could find that amount of space can lead to several locations, but my guess is they would be looking for a campus like facility in the downtown area similar to what Asurion is building in the Gulch.

The same company, Highwoods, that is building the Asurion building is also developing the rest of the Tennessean newspaper publishing offices next door at the middle right of the above picture. It would not surprise me to see a large footprint, 15 to 20 story building go on that lot.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2019, 4:22 PM

Excavation for the W hotel seems complete and the base for the tower crane is being installed. Will this project probably have only one or would there maybe be two cranes?
The Gulch Union site now has columns up above Demonbruen Street level. I would expect floors to be going up fairly fast like they did on Endeavor.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2019, 10:48 PM

ORACLE BAIT!?

Two new office towers announced in one day!! Coincidentally, just a few days after the news that the Oracle Company is looking for 800,000 sf of office space in Nashville.

The redesign of a 10 story office building in the Nashville Yards District to 40 stories was revealed by the Nashville Business Journal today. The rendering is a little crude, but the building sitting at that higher elevation will rise above the AT&T Tower.

And the Nashville Post revealed renderings for the ONE22ONE Office on Broadway which will be 23 to 27 stories. Twenty three is allowed and bonus height can take it up to 27 stories. The GBT Company out of Brentwood, TN is the developer.

Is there more to come?

Old Posted Mar 5, 2019, 2:00 AM

A better rendering of the Nashville Yards 40 story tower

Old Posted Mar 5, 2019, 2:27 PM

So awesome for Nashville! Seems like plenty of new room for the idiots in NJ to divert those high paying jobs Amazon to Nash.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2019, 6:48 PM
NIMBY Hater

I think we'll probably learn who the Nashville Yards hotel operator is within the next couple weeks.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2019, 7:24 PM

Height war?

I know Amazon doesn't like tall buildings for the most part, but if Oracle did move into the 40 story tower, would Bezos allow Amazon to be shorter? And meanwhile all the newcomers can enjoy 440 construction and occasional landslides! Welcome to Nashville y'all...were doing our best to make traffic just like Los Angeles.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2019, 8:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoe View Post
I think we'll probably learn who the Nashville Yards hotel operator is within the next couple weeks.
Are you referring to the AEG Boutique Hotel? Sounds like you have some information.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2019, 10:59 PM
Everywhere all at once

I gotta say, for a while I felt like Nashville was undershooting with new development and impressive new additions to the skyline, but in the last year (even before the Amazon announcement) things seem to have turbocharged, and it's awesome. "Operations Center" sounds to me like they'll be focused on developing Amazon's ever expanding distribution system and the tech involved in that. It's like the COO of a company, and it's just as important in many respects.

I'm also musing the notion of the Music City also being a Tech City. We could conceivably expect Nashville to develop into a yet more important center of the recording industry with the growth of "music tech" itself. The next Spotify could start here, and why shouldn't it?

Old Posted Mar 6, 2019, 2:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2ATX View Post
I gotta say, for a while I felt like Nashville was undershooting with new development and impressive new additions to the skyline, but in the last year (even before the Amazon announcement) things seem to have turbocharged, and it's awesome. "Operations Center" sounds to me like they'll be focused on developing Amazon's ever expanding distribution system and the tech involved in that. It's like the COO of a company, and it's just as important in many respects.

I'm also musing the notion of the Music City also being a Tech City. We could conceivably expect Nashville to develop into a yet more important center of the recording industry with the growth of "music tech" itself. The next Spotify could start here, and why shouldn't it?

I don't even know where this comes from. Since at least 2014 developers have been putting up multiple buildings after multiple buildings in Nashville.

Last edited by cecilism; Mar 6, 2019 at 3:15 AM.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2019, 3:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilism View Post
I don't even know where this comes from. Since at least 2014 developers have been putting up multiple buildings after multiple buildings in Nashville.
Anyone who hasn't been to Nashville in five years wouldn't understand. The place is on fire for a good reason. It's affordable, so lots of expats from high tax states want to move here. Air service is as good as any place that doesn't have a hub, and in some cases BETTER. And that's because it's become a huge tourist destination. Five years ago, Nashville opened its enormous convention center, adjacent to one of the greatest stretches of bars in the country. Oh, and throw in one of the top arenas in the country. Point is that Nashville is just hitting its stride. 28,000 college graduates each year from area universities. An emerging tech industry. As creative a class of millennials as you will find anywhere. People are moving to the metro by about 40000 per year. The construction right now is just trying to catch up to demand.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2019, 2:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texcitement View Post
Anyone who hasn't been to Nashville in five years wouldn't understand. The place is on fire for a good reason. It's affordable, so lots of expats from high tax states want to move here. Air service is as good as any place that doesn't have a hub, and in some cases BETTER. And that's because it's become a huge tourist destination. Five years ago, Nashville opened its enormous convention center, adjacent to one of the greatest stretches of bars in the country. Oh, and throw in one of the top arenas in the country. Point is that Nashville is just hitting its stride. 28,000 college graduates each year from area universities. An emerging tech industry. As creative a class of millennials as you will find anywhere. People are moving to the metro by about 40000 per year. The construction right now is just trying to catch up to demand.
Born and raised in Nashville. Moving back at the end of this month from Midtown Atlanta, to SoBro downtown.

Nashville is primed and ready for an aggressive technology growth curve over the next 5-10 years. The ripple effect from Amazon alone in high paid engineers, bleeding off creating their own startups, attracting other tech companies, etc is going to have a long term societal and economic impact that's similar to the investments Midtown and Georgia Tech made a couple decades ago with Tech Square.

VERY exciting time, and so incredible to be from what was silly old Music City-turned mega money powerhouse of the south.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2019, 8:09 PM
NIMBY Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidTenn1 View Post
Are you referring to the AEG Boutique Hotel? Sounds like you have some information.
Yes, that's the one. I may know a guy.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2019, 6:53 PM

Second crane base in place at W hotel in the Gulch. Mobile boom crane ready to install sections & boom pieces already on site now.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2019, 8:58 PM
NIMBY Hater

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashvill...-downtown.html

I underwrote this project for MGM Resorts more than a year ago, so I'm happy to see this finally being announced.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2019, 9:10 PM
Everywhere all at once

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilism View Post
I didn't say things weren't being built at all, I said that recently, things appear to have ramped up substantially. There's certainly been an uptick of activity.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2019, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoe View Post
https://www.bizjournals.com/nashvill...-downtown.html

I underwrote this project for MGM Resorts more than a year ago, so I'm happy to see this finally being announced.
With 315 rooms (a 30% bump) and 25,000 of conference space, how tall will this hotel be?

Old Posted Mar 7, 2019, 11:01 PM
NIMBY Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texcitement View Post
With 315 rooms (a 30% bump) and 25,000 of conference space, how tall will this hotel be?
Our design team is still working on that, but I would expect ~15 floors. It won't be tall. The renderings from the original drawings by SWP are roughly accurate, although the final design should look much better aesthetically.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2019, 4:50 PM

Four Seasons

Does anyone know more about this?

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashvill...-40-story.html

Old Posted Mar 8, 2019, 5:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashville View Post
Yes, that is the 151 First Avenue Condos which has received $400,000,000 in financing, has acquired all the property, emptied the current residential building and will begin excavation very soon.

It's an outstanding project that will transform the skyline in the SoBro district.

Last edited by MidTenn1; May 31, 2019 at 11:17 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations