HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Mar 13, 2019, 1:56 PM

35th and Walnut apartment

Demolition for this 13 story apartment building at 35th and Walnut in Rino is well underway. Looks like a nice project.

https://businessden.com/2018/10/31/d...ories-planned/

Old Posted Mar 13, 2019, 2:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLucasTheGreat View Post
This is a silly question but does anyone know a reliable way to post pictures that you take on your phone to this forum using your cell phone.
Upload photos to Imgur and use link to post here.
"The engineer is the key figure in the material progress of the world. It is his engineering that makes a reality of the potential value of science by translating scientific knowledge into tools, resources, energy and labor to bring them into the service of man. To make contributions of this kind the engineer requires the imagination to visualize the need of society and to appreciate what is possible as well as the technological and broad social age understanding to bring his vision to reality."

Old Posted Mar 13, 2019, 7:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejwill04 View Post
Demolition for this 13 story apartment building at 35th and Walnut in Rino is well underway. Looks like a nice project.

https://businessden.com/2018/10/31/d...ories-planned/
Did you mean to say construction of the building, or demolition of the existing structure to make way for this building?

Old Posted Mar 13, 2019, 7:18 PM

This is a rendering of a new engineering school at UCD. This is on Speer between Arapahoe and Champa.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2019, 9:20 PM
I took a bus pic, CIRRUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by semiurban View Post
Surprised that there are people on this forum that don't check Denverinfill regularly:

https://denverinfill.com/blog/2019/0...-update-1.html
I don't trust that Ryan fellow. He seems shady.

"Of course you're right." Cirrus

Old Posted Mar 14, 2019, 2:19 AM

The CU Denver engineering building looks nice, but it is unfortunate to build it in front of the historic church. The church currently stands out nicely viewed from the DCPA across Speer. I guess there aren’t other suitable sites at Auraria for the school building. It will continue the street wall along that stretch of Speer though.

Last edited by corey; Mar 14, 2019 at 2:20 AM. Reason: Typo

Old Posted Mar 14, 2019, 3:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey View Post
The CU Denver engineering building looks nice, but it is unfortunate to build it in front of the historic church. The church currently stands out nicely viewed from the DCPA across Speer. I guess there aren’t other suitable sites at Auraria for the school building. It will continue the street wall along that stretch of Speer though.
I somewhat agree, though I do not think it is necessarily a site location problem - it's a design problem. There can be both a Speer streetwall, and appropriate view axes maintained. This is an appropriate building site, but from the looks of it only the bare minimum view down Arapahoe St. is being maintained. The view to the church is naturally protected along this axis, but I'm a bit worried that the massing of what looks to be the fifth through seventh floors protrudes into this axis. Considering that the building footprint is significantly larger, this strikes me as a lazy urban design oversight. And this is after the campus already overrode an earlier campus master plan and sited a building right in the way of the Blake St. view toward the Tivoli - one of the most interesting that used to exist in Denver.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2019, 4:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey View Post
That is a bit of a shame, especially since we have lost the Tivoli sightline down Blake to the new CU Denver rec center.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2019, 5:15 AM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
That is a bit of a shame, especially since we have lost the Tivoli sightline down Blake to the new CU Denver rec center.
It’s ironic that CU’s one architecture program is on a campus that produces such lousy buildings with no respect for the site's history. The hubris of the state’s “flagship university” is clearly evident.

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Last edited by wong21fr; Mar 14, 2019 at 4:38 PM.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2019, 5:44 PM

Does anyone have a tally of how many groundbreakings there have been this year? It's almost the end of Q1 and I can't think of any

Old Posted Mar 14, 2019, 6:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenvertoLA View Post
Does anyone have a tally of how many groundbreakings there have been this year? It's almost the end of Q1 and I can't think of any
I can't think of any in Denver proper.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2019, 7:57 PM

Quote:
Typically if you can swing it you schedule your groundbreaking later in the spring when the weather is consistently warmer. This is critical in the mountains not as much so in Denver.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2019, 8:28 PM

looks like walnut st lofts and the hub2 are both moving dirt around at the very least.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2019, 8:57 PM

Quote:
This doesn't count as a groundbreaking but a vacant office tower is being demolished near 9th and Bannock with plans for a 17-story apartment.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2019, 6:47 PM

Broadstone Uptown (8 stories), Broadstone Uptown West (8 stories), both at 18th and Marion, and the Victor at 18th and Gaylord (5 stories) all broke ground in the last month or so.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2019, 1:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dirt View Post
Broadstone Uptown (8 stories), Broadstone Uptown West (8 stories), both at 18th and Marion, and the Victor at 18th and Gaylord (5 stories) all broke ground in the last month or so.
dirt moving around today at 38th and walnut where the tiny village was. Think that’s an affordable housing development by ulc?

Old Posted Mar 16, 2019, 5:34 AM

Who's the best mayoral candidate from a development perspective?

Old Posted Mar 16, 2019, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonemans_rowJ View Post
Who's the best mayoral candidate from a development perspective?
Probably Hancock or Giellis

Old Posted Mar 16, 2019, 4:34 PM

My concern with Giellis is that she's all over the place. She says YIMBY things to YIMBYs, NIMBY things to NIMBYs, and vague half truths that could go either way in the most public forums.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2019, 8:36 PM
Up Up and Away

I'm more concerned with city council members. Most of the challengers are against excessive development.

https://denverite.com/2019/03/14/in-...e-challengers/

https://denverite.com/2019/03/14/den...ncil-election/

https://denverite.com/2019/03/14/in-...t-and-stop-it/

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West