HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Mar 13, 2008, 3:05 PM
Everywhere all at once

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
It's certainly great news for Yonkers, and its about time, considering the wave of development White Plains and New Rochelle have been riding.

But that power plant development doesn't work visually.
Oh no, I agree with you on that, I have no idea what's going on there. When that design first came like a year ago or something, I tried to like it, I really did...but it just wouldn't happen.

I'm hoping for a new proposal.

Old Posted Aug 12, 2015, 4:05 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

Cancelled:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB100014...38391052612362

By ANTON TROIANOVSKI
Updated May 13, 2010 12:01 a.m. ET

Quote:
A group of real-estate developers said last week that they were shelving plans for two 25-story towers on the Yonkers waterfront. The developers continue to look for retail tenants for a residential-and-retail district—complete with a minor-league baseball park—that is planned for nearby where the towers were to be built.

But the group's plan to build two 25-story residential towers on the Hudson waterfront has been shelved because of market conditions, a spokesman says.
http://www.realestateindepth.com/mai...&ArticleID=457

12/20/2013 12:38:00 PM

Quote:
YONKERS, NY-In the height of the real estate boom in February 2006, city offi-cials and executives from the partnership of Struever Bros. Eccles & Rouse, Fidelco Realty Group, and Cappelli Enterprises joined together and dreamed of building high-rise office and condominium towers downtown and on the waterfront.

Yonkers named SFC the master developer for more than $3 billion of mixed-use development in the downtown and waterfront districts and at the time it seemed like nothing was going to stop the initiative from redeveloping a large swath of vacant and run-down properties and turning around the fortunes of the city.

Nearly eight years later, the dream of building River Park Center that included high-rise office and condominium towers, hundreds of thousands of square feet of retail space, a movie theater, and a 6,500-seat minor league baseball stadium at the downtown Chicken Island site is gone, a victim to a real estate depression that also claimed two of the three SFC partners.

Now, even after SFC scaled back the first phase of the plan considerably more than three years ago, comes word that Yonkers Mayor Michael Spano is asking the City Council to scrap the SFC plan entirely. The mayor is requesting the City Council approve his request to put the Chicken Island property out for bid once again.

[...]

~ My Stamford, CT Thread ~~ My Danbury, CT Thread ~

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive