HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted May 14, 2018, 3:14 AM
Nashville born and raised

The Capstar Building in the Gulch has been open for a couple of years, but is notable for getting a couple of high profile music industry tenants. Sony Music and WME (formerly the William Morris Agency) have relocated to the Gulch district from Music Row. The creatively decorated interiors were recently featured in Office Snapshots..

The Capstar Building (15 floors).

Interior design for WME; Office Snapshot

And Sony Music:Office Snapshots

Old Posted May 14, 2018, 3:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidTenn1 View Post
An update of Nashville projects currently under construction, plus a few just completed.

Bumping up to this page.

Old Posted May 14, 2018, 3:16 AM
Show me the blueprints

Quote:
lol
Careful, you're sensible reality based response to his inane comment will get deleted just like mine did.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted May 14, 2018, 3:42 AM
Future God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
Careful, you're sensible reality based response to his inane comment will get deleted just like mine did.
lol and mine... not sure how the fire starter and those trying to extinguish the fire got the same 'punishment,' as it were, but so be it.

-Bob Marley

Old Posted May 14, 2018, 3:43 AM
Future God

Quote:
Bumping up to this page.
Amazing job as usual my friend... thanks so much for all the extra work you put in for us all! It is incredible to think about the fact that not even ten years ago, any one of those projects would have been massive news for the city... now, it's fairly run of the mill. Incredible!

-Bob Marley

Old Posted May 15, 2018, 3:29 AM

The Philips Company has decided to lease 100,000 sf of space in the 21 story, (former) Bank of America Building on Union Street in the heart of downtown. They will have their name on the building as it will apparently be the North American headquarters of their healthcare and technology division.

This doesn't appear to be the prominent location they originally required, but it is move-in ready and a nice building on the inside.

The statue in front of the building is Chet Atkins, a Nashville music legend and one of the all time great guitar players.

<- Not Chet

Old Posted May 16, 2018, 2:58 AM

Tuesday's announcement....

From the TENNESSEAN..

Quote:
A new 11-story private lifestyle club and five-star hotel will begin construction later this year in the Gulch.
Eleventh House, the latest addition to M Street's trendy corridor of restaurants and shops, was approved Tuesday morning by Metro's Design Review Committee.
…….
Members will be chosen from those contributing to the "city's creative soul," including artists, musicians, restaurateurs, fashion-industry workers, designers and entrepreneurs, according to the development company. But Hyndman hasn't yet released pricing to join.

….

More than 100 luxury suites, ranging from 555 to 1,100 square feet, will be included along with a bi-level 2,400-square-foot suite for visiting performers.
Developer is Chris Hyndman of M Street Entertainment of Arlington, VA and the hotel will have upscale amenities such as a wine cellar, a pub, a performance venue, a song writing room (Hey, it's Nashville!) and other delights.

This is a big, only in Nashville, type project. I like the architecture, it's very Gulchy.

Old Posted May 17, 2018, 6:55 PM

And the rose goes to....

....the 501 Commerce office building under construction in downtown as part of the large 5th+Broad project at 5th and Broadway.

Alliance Bernstein recently announced they would move 1,000+ jobs from New York City to Nashville. Today, the speculation as to their new home was verified. The building is under construction and cranes are up although not much concrete has been poured yet.

The office building is part of a massive development including a 32 story apartment building, abundant retail and fine shopping, the National Museum of African American Music and connected to the world famous tourist district on Broadway. There will be no shortage of top flight hotels, restaurants and entertainment options within easy walking distance of the office.

Old Posted May 17, 2018, 9:05 PM
Show me the blueprints

Quote:
...upscale amenities such as a wine cellar, a pub, a performance venue, a song writing room (Hey, it's Nashville!) and other delights.
Wait... what?

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted May 17, 2018, 9:10 PM
Future God

Quote:
Wait... what?
Yeah... no clue. Isn't any room potentially a "song-writing room?" lol

-Bob Marley

Old Posted May 17, 2018, 9:54 PM
Show me the blueprints

This has got to be one of the worst and cheesiest real estate marketing gimmicks I've ever seen with my own two eyes. Even a "deep contemplation room" would make significantly more sense as meditation rooms/zen gardens are actually things, whereas a song writing room is literally any space a human body could occupy. A song writing park bench, a song writing toilet, a song writing Home Depot break room... Just weird. This one has got me going all Donny Deutsch.

Old Posted May 17, 2018, 10:59 PM
NIMBY Hater

Quote:
Wait... what?
My guess is this is designed to compete with the Hutton, which has two song-writing studios and a large bi-level suite for visiting performers next to its Analog venue.

Old Posted May 17, 2018, 11:25 PM

The original concept for the Virgin Hotel in Nashville on Music Row was to feature a 'world class' recording studio. I don't know if the current concept, under construction, has one.

As for the writing room, which based on the Eleventh House creative membership concept, I surmised to be a 'song' writing room, I would think you need a large quiet room, where you can play loudly without disturbing guests. So it needs to be a special place.

Old Posted May 18, 2018, 8:35 AM
Meh

Renderings o'plenty in this one.

https://www.bizjournals.com/bizjourn...oject-for.html
Quote:
Exclusive: Finance giant picks downtown project for 1,000-job Nashville HQ

By Adam Sichko – Senior Reporter, Nashville Business Journal
14 hours ago

One of the highest-profile companies to ever move its headquarters to Nashville has decided which downtown tower it wants to call home.

AllianceBernstein L.P. (NYSE: AB) has chosen the Fifth + Broadway development for its new corporate headquarters, according to multiple sources. The $430 million mixed-use development, currently under construction, is located at the bustling intersection of Broadway and Fifth Avenue North, across the street from Bridgestone Arena and the iconic Ryman Auditorium.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted May 18, 2018, 8:37 AM
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnaBreaker View Post
Yeah, I have no idea either. That reminds me of the old tradition of having a sitting room, whatever that is. I'd usually just call that the restroom.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted May 22, 2018, 1:27 AM

Quote:
This has got to be one of the worst and cheesiest real estate marketing gimmicks I've ever seen with my own two eyes. Even a "deep contemplation room" would make significantly more sense as meditation rooms/zen gardens are actually things, whereas a song writing room is literally any space a human body could occupy. A song writing park bench, a song writing toilet, a song writing Home Depot break room... Just weird. This one has got me going all Donny Deutsch.
And this is the reason why they are the ones building an 8 figure hotel in Nashville. A songwriting room appeals to people in the music industry. Anyone who has basic acumen knows Nashville's top status in the industry. Therefore it has many people in the music industry who stay in its hotels. These people want a quiet place to ply their trade when they are staying in a hotel. Thus the songwriting room. It shouldn't be hard for anyone with basic business knowledge to understand the reason for such a room.

Last edited by cecilism; May 22, 2018 at 1:38 AM.

Old Posted May 22, 2018, 7:56 PM

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by BnaBreaker View Post

No. You have to a room that is quiet and non-destracting. Try writing a song in a noisy room or with people moving around constantly. It's quite shocking that some people can't seem to grasp that.

Last edited by cecilism; May 23, 2018 at 7:50 AM.

Old Posted May 24, 2018, 2:28 AM

Nashville, today, was given the privilege of hosting the NFL 2019 Draft next April.

No specific venue was named to serve as a stage for the actual draft event. However, it would seem likely that the 17,000+ seat Bridgestone Arena would not be available as the draft is held during the NHL hockey playoffs in which the Nashville Predators are expected to participate in.

So it appears the event will be held in an outdoor facility such as the 6,000+ seat Ascend Amphitheater, the Nissan Stadium where the Titans play or possibly in the street on lower Broadway which is occassionally shut down for large events such as they NHL All Star game. It will definitely be something different.

Nashville knows how to party....

Last edited by MidTenn1; Jun 11, 2018 at 1:27 PM.

Old Posted May 24, 2018, 2:37 AM
Show me the blueprints

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilism View Post
Thanks

No. You have to a room that is quiet and non-destracting. Try writing a song in a noisy room or with people moving around constantly. It's quite shocking that some people can't seem to grasp that.
So it's a quiet room someone could use to write a little tune, or read a book or do virtually any other thing. "Songwriting room"... Got it.

Old Posted May 24, 2018, 3:46 AM
Future God

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilism View Post
Thanks

Obviously a peaceful environment would be preferable to most, I'm sure, but one obviously does not "have to" be in a silent room in order to write a song. You think Otis Redding and Buddy Holly were writing their songs in "song-writing rooms" inside a boutique hotel? Nah... they were writing them in pool halls and diners, I would imagine. I don't have a problem with the existence of a room where people can write songs. It's just the silly marketing ploy that makes me roll my eyes, because as myself and others have already stated, it's really just a regular old room.

-Bob Marley

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations