HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Feb 16, 2017, 9:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabasse View Post
my husband and i have a condo in buckhead village, which is where i've been when i'm not here in dallas. (moved out here about 18mo ago for a software dev position) long term i'd like us to end up near midtown, but the current place works well location-wise for our current jobs.
That's awesome and thank you for sharing! I used to live around Buckhead Village, but moved to a more walkable neighborhood. Buckhead is certainly growing in density and walkability, I just wish it's location was directly adjacent Midtown or something to make it easier to access other neighborhoods.

Congrats on making your way back to Atlanta!

Old Posted Feb 17, 2017, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
That's awesome and thank you for sharing! I used to live around Buckhead Village, but moved to a more walkable neighborhood. Buckhead is certainly growing in density and walkability, I just wish it's location was directly adjacent Midtown or something to make it easier to access other neighborhoods.

Congrats on making your way back to Atlanta!
There are a couple easy to reach MARTA stations within Buckhead...couple minute walk and zoom....you're in Midtown without having to deal with tragic. Try it...all the cool kids ride transit!!

Old Posted Feb 17, 2017, 1:25 AM

The best Freudian slip of the day: "you're in Midtown without having to deal with tragic."

Old Posted Feb 17, 2017, 3:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midtownblue View Post
The best Freudian slip of the day: "you're in Midtown without having to deal with tragic."

LOL! I wish it were a Freudian slip! The less exciting truth is that I do a terrible job trying to multitask at the gym!

Old Posted Feb 17, 2017, 4:34 PM

Courtesy of the Midtown Alliance, a gif showing what the skyline will look like when all proposals built out:

Old Posted Feb 17, 2017, 4:59 PM

Accela is showing an abnormally large number of Zoning Verification requests filed for parcels in South Downtown in the past few months. All the parcels outlined in Orange have been subject. Usually such a request precedes the sale or development of the parcel. (The area in purple is the Underground Atlanta property)

Newport Holdings has been reported to be purchasing some of the parcels in question as reported here and elsewhere.I wonder if Newport Holdings is trying to scoop up all of these parcels? If so, they may have a greater impact on the area than even the Underground Atlanta redevelopment.

Old Posted Feb 17, 2017, 6:00 PM

(deleted)

Old Posted Feb 17, 2017, 6:18 PM

Midtown FDA Site could be up for grabs

Considering the FDA's lease at the Midtown location on 8th and Peachtree is up at the end of this year we could see this site going quickly for other land development opportunities along this corridor.

Quote:
Through the General Services Administration — the federal government's real estate arm — the FDA's Southeastern Regional Office is on the hunt for 162k SF of office space that would consolidate and expand its two separate Atlanta locations.

The new digs would include the Southeastern Regional Laboratories, a specialized lab that tests foods, ceramics, meats, cosmetics, drugs and other products that are monitored by the FDA, according to GSA documents.

The SRL also is home to the FDA's nutrient analysis labs, which ensure the nutrition content on domestic and imported foods with nutrition labeling.
“The size of the existing SRL causes the FDA to constantly retrofit the aging space, leading to higher maintenance costs," GSA documents state. "A modern laboratory is needed to properly carry out its mission." GSA spokesperson Gregory Andrews confirmed the plans for FDA's office consolidation but did not provide further information as of press time.

The bulk of the FDA Atlanta presence is at a nondescript building at 60 8th St. in Midtown, called “The Crawford Building" in GSA documents. The FDA also uses 17k SF at Gateway Center I, a nearly 130k SF office building off Convention Center Concourse in College Park, near Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. Colliers International's Chuck Francis represents the landlord of Gateway Center, and said the FDA's lease runs at least through 2020, adding he was unaware of any plans by the federal department to move. Its lease in Midtown expires later this year. The GSA is estimating a lease rate of $37/SF, with an annual cost of nearly $6M for a lease of up to 20 years in the new location, according to documents. “The new lease will provide a more modem and streamlined office layout," according to the documents, "and improve office utilization from 176 SF per person to 103 SF per person."

Read more at: https://www.bisnow.com/atlanta/news/...medium=Browser

Old Posted Feb 17, 2017, 7:21 PM

Sweet can't wait, the FDA building is an eye sore.

Old Posted Feb 17, 2017, 7:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeanuts View Post
Sweet can't wait, the FDA building is an eye sore.
Any takers on what gets developed first: the FDA parcel or 811 Peachtree (Eviva)

Old Posted Feb 17, 2017, 7:43 PM

Yes!!
That's great news! Even if it doesn't get developed immediately, I'm excited to learn that the site will be in play in the near future. It will a huge boost to the built environment on Peachtree to replace the current building with an urban development.

Old Posted Feb 17, 2017, 8:59 PM

Oh that's really great news! Every time I walk by that building I think about how out of place it is now, and how something big could go there.

Old Posted Feb 17, 2017, 9:14 PM

New development at 8th and Cypress may finally kill off the notorious stretch of prostitution and general sketchiness that has existed there for so long. I hope any new building respects the Cypress side as much as it will respect the Peachtree side!

Old Posted Feb 18, 2017, 1:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krownroyale View Post
New development at 8th and Cypress may finally kill off the notorious stretch of prostitution and general sketchiness that has existed there for so long. I hope any new building respects the Cypress side as much as it will respect the Peachtree side!
That was true 10 years ago. Not true now.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2017, 6:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctk2014 View Post
Considering the FDA's lease at the Midtown location on 8th and Peachtree is up at the end of this year we could see this site going quickly for other land development opportunities along this corridor.
I won't say almost anything else is better, but it's close, that is horrible in such a prime location.

I agree, Cypress and Peachtree both need the foot traffic, particularly Cypress which has Ecco and what hopefully will be more development around Ecco and then MARTA the other way a block.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2017, 4:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krownroyale View Post
Considering there is already development on the NW corner of 8th/Cypress with the Alta Midtown project there's already been a change in this area.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2017, 6:04 PM

Ncr

Looks like not one, but two tower cranes going up at NCR II? One is being assembled today.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2017, 9:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kms575 View Post
Looks like not one, but two tower cranes going up at NCR II? One is being assembled today.
Looks like they only have one tower crane foundation at the moment on NCR Phase II's site.

Maybe you're seeing the Alexan Midtown project nearby as well?

Old Posted Feb 19, 2017, 2:24 AM

NCR's glass is going to look really good.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2017, 2:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctk2014 View Post
Looks like they only have one tower crane foundation at the moment on NCR Phase II's site.

Maybe you're seeing the Alexan Midtown project nearby as well?

No there is another crane foundation you can see it easily when walking by the site. It is nearer to the street and is a red colored steel; also angled 45 degrees or so from the street plane. It is insane how fast this stretch of Midtown is transforming.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations