HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Feb 7, 2017, 6:43 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilwayne View Post
This guy is a complete moron downsized they sold almost all thier top Floors.. Ya let's cut it to twenty floors and lose the project altogether.. Ppl said trump would never be president give them a chance tif spring comes and nothing happens then talk shit.. All this naysayers is bs ppl said d condos would never get built.. You guys talk up your asses

are you sure about that? making statements like that puts yourself in a poor credible position.

I will tell you something that you do not know unless you are FORTRESS. Are you ready?

Learn to speak nicely and maybe I will tell you.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2017, 6:54 PM
BANNED

FYI.

Whoever says that SkyCity sold out all their high end suites are dreaming. They haven't even come close to selling.

I know this for a fact. 50% sold when? who bought them? They claim 50% months ago so I guess not 1 person has bought since then cause that slogan has not changed. They can say 90% but what does that really mean?

They have over 50% sold is like saying Jets tickets are sold out for every game but then magically tickets come available from TNSE on game day aside from those fans reselling their tickets.

If you think 50% are sold you have zero knowledge of how real estate schemes work such as Fortress and Sky City. You have zero knowledge what is really happening with your money that goes into buying these suites.

Similar to what drug money did in Miami when they had their real estate boom 20 yrs ago.

Tier II scenario is also mind blowing but not unexpected. Investors are actually buying into the property units to be resold for a guarantee 4% return until construction complete. Then they are promised 15% for the next 5 yrs or they can sell the unit on their own.

Sad scenario. Unites are not sold. Renters take up occupancy which drives down the value and Condo has disaster 2 years with lower than average approval rating. People will never invest in a condo downtown once its built. It will become a haven for out of town investors who have zero knowledge of the market.

This is why True North is doing it perfectly and is where people should invest to live. They have zero promises to investors. In fact they are not even selling it to investors unlike Sky City. They will roll out a model to the public soon which will provide adequate information and assurance of your living investment. The way it should be done.

Glasshouse is apparently a disaster for investors and already are jumping ship. Its by the far the most beautiful condo in Winnipeg so far but look at the market. Sky City just saturated it by all these fake promises. Small and cheap suites. Glasshouse has 2 worthy models. All other suites are useless and unlivable unless you rent which I am sure in 1 year price will be extremely high. Going as low as $950 for tiny suites. How many do you think really purchased those to live in full-time.

TNSE will beat Sky City in construction (if sky ever gets built) and will reshape the market with pricing and amenities. Sky City will have nothing on both TNSQ and GH. They have lost their anchors and just wait for their big announcement with out announcing the new grocery store chain.

Its only going to get more fun to watch the circus.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2017, 7:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStarsProject View Post
FYI.

Whoever says that SkyCity sold out all their high end suites are dreaming. They haven't even come close to selling.

I know this for a fact. 50% sold when? who bought them? They claim 50% months ago so I guess not 1 person has bought since then cause that slogan has not changed. They can say 90% but what does that really mean?

They have over 50% sold is like saying Jets tickets are sold out for every game but then magically tickets come available from TNSE on game day aside from those fans reselling their tickets.

If you think 50% are sold you have zero knowledge of how real estate schemes work such as Fortress and Sky City. You have zero knowledge what is really happening with your money that goes into buying these suites.

Similar to what drug money did in Miami when they had their real estate boom 20 yrs ago.

Tier II scenario is also mind blowing but not unexpected. Investors are actually buying into the property units to be resold for a guarantee 4% return until construction complete. Then they are promised 15% for the next 5 yrs or they can sell the unit on their own.

Sad scenario. Unites are not sold. Renters take up occupancy which drives down the value and Condo has disaster 2 years with lower than average approval rating. People will never invest in a condo downtown once its built. It will become a haven for out of town investors who have zero knowledge of the market.

This is why True North is doing it perfectly and is where people should invest to live. They have zero promises to investors. In fact they are not even selling it to investors unlike Sky City. They will roll out a model to the public soon which will provide adequate information and assurance of your living investment. The way it should be done.

Glasshouse is apparently a disaster for investors and already are jumping ship. Its by the far the most beautiful condo in Winnipeg so far but look at the market. Sky City just saturated it by all these fake promises. Small and cheap suites. Glasshouse has 2 worthy models. All other suites are useless and unlivable unless you rent which I am sure in 1 year price will be extremely high. Going as low as $950 for tiny suites. How many do you think really purchased those to live in full-time.

TNSE will beat Sky City in construction (if sky ever gets built) and will reshape the market with pricing and amenities. Sky City will have nothing on both TNSQ and GH. They have lost their anchors and just wait for their big announcement with out announcing the new grocery store chain.

Its only going to get more fun to watch the circus.
Not that I'm disagreeing with whatever you're dishing out.

But I stopped reading after you commented on Jets tickets. They hold seats for the NHL, and for team members families. They are released prior to the game. So all tickets available prior to that to the public are sold out. That is considered a sell out when all tix available to the public are sold. Jets have 13,000 season ticket holders pre paid every season. The rest is fluff. It's not magic. This is every pro sport, not just Jets.

Then I see your last comment about TNS will beat SkyCity. A baby monkey could've figured that out. TNS is already UC. It was always ahead.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2017, 7:11 PM

Isn't True North being built as rentals?

Old Posted Feb 7, 2017, 7:12 PM

TNS residential is rental apartments, yes.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2017, 7:19 PM
Portage & Main 50 below

Dicks are getting stomped hard in this thread!

Everyone relax and see where this all goes.

A prominent Toronto highrise developer joining up with Fortress should be taken as a vote of confidence in the project.

Let it play out.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2017, 7:20 PM

Simplicity was not smart.

He only seemed smart to people that don't know anything about real estate. He was just angry at anyone that didn't believe all his mumbo jumbo.

Anyway, Mr New guy seems very similiar: angry, angry, angry! and p.s. buy at True North Square. You related to Mark Chipman?

I googled this Edenshaw developer, here are a couple links on David McComb http://urbantoronto.ca/news/2012/02/interview-david-mccomb-edenshaw-homes

He is a Virgo http://news.buzzbuzzhome.com/2010/09...interview.html

the last project he did was a rental with Sun Life Financial called Alto https://clean50.com/project/sun-life...t-development/

Old Posted Feb 7, 2017, 7:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimusREIM View Post
Are you simplicity?
Kind of funny how NorthStarsProject magically appears after this comment and unleashes on Sky City with similar verbage, spelling and grammatical errors, and sentence structure to Finessing. Only difference is word count, but maybe you angered them.

I don't remember much about simplicity other than old world Winnipeg anger which I couldn't stand, so I often scrolled right past his posts.

Aspiring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoscents View Post

he is a virgo
LMAO! This thread just got interesting again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only The Lonely.. View Post
Dicks are getting stomped hard in this thread!

Everyone relax and see where this all goes.

A prominent Toronto highrise developer joining up with Fortress should be taken as a vote of confidence in the project.

Let it play out.
I don't know about "prominent", but certainly more legitimate than Fortress. They've built one condo and one rental building, both in Toronto.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2017, 7:46 PM

Simplicity was rude but he was smarter than NorthStarProjects--he could successfully avoid conflating people's points and was capable of not contradicting himself (Buy from True North! Glasshouse is garbage! Buy from True North!). I'm also confident he could math well enough to know that the '80s were 30 years ago, but that's just being pedantic.

Anyway, back to grinding your axes. I don't give a shit.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2017, 7:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finessing View Post
I don't know about "prominent", but certainly more legitimate than Fortress. They've built one condo and one rental building, both in Toronto.
If you check out the links from TwoScents, looks like the CEO of Edenshaw had a prominent career at Concord Adex overseeing construction of 20 towers worth $3 billion dollars.

"I ended up taking on the responsibilities of Vice-President of Construction, but quickly evolved into overseeing the development company and soon thereafter, overseeing the entire operations of the company within a matter of a couple of years."

Doesn't seem like the kinda of guy that would jump on a sinking ship?

Old Posted Feb 7, 2017, 8:12 PM
There is always a way

Quote:
Originally Posted by OakbluffMB View Post
If you check out the links from TwoScents, looks like the CEO of Edenshaw had a prominent career at Concord Adex overseeing construction of 20 towers worth $3 billion dollars.

"I ended up taking on the responsibilities of Vice-President of Construction, but quickly evolved into overseeing the development company and soon thereafter, overseeing the entire operations of the company within a matter of a couple of years."

Doesn't seem like the kinda of guy that would jump on a sinking ship?
Playing devil's advocate but if fortress made it really worth his while then he could have been persuaded to bring edenshaw on board. That would certainly be good for optics and may be enough to convince investors this is legitimate. That could be true but then again my argument sounds incredibly cynical.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2017, 8:18 PM
Orig. frm Alpha Pectaurus

What does True North and North Stars Project have in common? The word 'North'.

If NorthStarsProject is somehow related to True North company, does that make that user a "shill" or a "troll"? Because NorthStarsProject "just appeared out of nowhere" recently to shit on the SkyCity project because they are in some ways a competitor.

That's what I think.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2017, 8:18 PM
There is always a way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finessing View Post
Well argued. You must be one of the geniuses that fell for this hook, line, and sinker.
Nah lilwayne is just a really positive and enthusiastic winnipeg supporter with a bunch of optimism. He believes in a vision, kinda refreshing if you ask me.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2017, 8:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimusREIM View Post
Playing devil's advocate but if fortress made it really worth his while then he could have been persuaded to bring edenshaw on board. That would certainly be good for optics and may be enough to convince investors this is legitimate. That could be true but then again my argument sounds incredibly cynical.
If they had boatloads of money to spend to pursue a developer to lend his name to a project, why wouldn't they just spend that money on starting to dig, I'm sure that would do more to encourage investors and buyers, no?

It would take a lot of money before I'd agree to something that might ruin my reputation. Seems like you're really reaching.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2017, 8:30 PM
There is always a way

Quote:
Originally Posted by OakbluffMB View Post
If they had boatloads of money to spend to pursue a developer to lend his name to a project, why wouldn't they just spend that money on starting to dig, I'm sure that would do more to encourage investors and buyers, no?

It would take a lot of money before I'd agree to something that might ruin my reputation. Seems like you're really reaching.
Lol that's kinda my point. The new developer lends credibility to the whole project not because they are able to finish projects, but because the said developer would not want to stake their reputation on something that had the potential to ruin their business. They must think this has a legitimate chance of proceeding before attaching their name to this development which would present a significant risk if it fails. It is now in the vested interest of all parties involved to see this project to completion.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2017, 8:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
NBut I stopped reading after you commented on Jets tickets. They hold seats for the NHL, and for team members families. They are released prior to the game. So all tickets available prior to that to the public are sold out.
MYTH. No way around that. How was True North able to sell a limited number of mini packs to the public before the season if it was fully sold out? Not surprisingly the 300 level lodge seats were featured there along with select other sections. Much like how in the 2015/2016 season those same lodge seats were often empty. It is also not uncommon for True North to be pushing casual sales hard on midweek games against less desirable opponents. True North doesn't talk publicly on it because they don't want people knowing demand has significantly softened up for Jets tickets.

In terms of SkyCity Centre, they announced long ago they would make the details of the promised grocery store in the development public. They never did follow through with that and will give you all sorts of reasons to justify it. My personal take on it is if they can't be honest with one element of statements it starts to call into question any statement they make on the building. And that wouldn't apply to just SkyCity Centre but any developer.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2017, 9:01 PM
Aspiring.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2017, 9:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryB View Post
MYTH. No way around that. How was True North able to sell a limited number of mini packs to the public before the season if it was fully sold out? Not surprisingly the 300 level lodge seats were featured there along with select other sections. Much like how in the 2015/2016 season those same lodge seats were often empty. It is also not uncommon for True North to be pushing casual sales hard on midweek games against less desirable opponents. True North doesn't talk publicly on it because they don't want people knowing demand has significantly softened up for Jets tickets.
For sure demand has softened. But from what I hear there are still many people on the wait list. Many, many people. Probably some of the higher priced seats are the ones that are not sold? I don't know. But in general, they don't seem to have a problem selling tickets.

TNSE also does a lot of those give tickets to schools/kids programs. I assume they give them out. Every game there is at least two hockey teams in the 300's.

At work we were offered to purchase game packages with 10 tickets. Probably coming out of some of those kid zone tickets. And yes the 3 game mini packs. I would be interested to see what price point those tickets were at. P1, P7 all of them?

I haven't spent any time looking at ticketmaster. But I would assume at this point in the season, there's tix available. But yes, they absolutely do hold tickets for NHL, players, etc and release them on game day when they go unclaimed. I was at the Detroit game. And there were probably 100 Detroit fans lined up at will call waiting for tix to be released. that's the level I see things at. If they coulda got tix ahead time, wouldn't they?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan