HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted May 8, 2017, 5:53 PM

Wasnt there an obligation to built that hotel in procuring the TNS lands? So the fact TN sold it...how was that possible? I'd assume the obligation is still in force, that hotel must be built?

Old Posted May 8, 2017, 5:59 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

and so on

Old Posted May 8, 2017, 6:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unknown Poster View Post
Wasnt there an obligation to built that hotel in procuring the TNS lands? So the fact TN sold it...how was that possible? I'd assume the obligation is still in force, that hotel must be built?
TNS lands were (and I believe still are) owned by MPI. The Carlton Inn site was purchased through CentreVenture. So two different things.
Also the obligation to find a hotelier on the then centreventure owned site was Stuart Olsen's, which they did not fulfil at which point Chipman stepped in with offer to purchase land. I don't think that the hotel obligation is still there. Especially considering in the early plans for the two sites, the hotel was originally envisioned on the MPI lot.

Old Posted May 8, 2017, 8:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilwayne View Post
sutton hotel part of the deal is a go

lets not kid ourselves

im sure chipman and company wouldnt put thier name next to something thats not going to happen thats not thier MO

enough of the skepticism around here that fucking hotel portion is a go.. they said phase 3 - 4 wouldnt be done til late 2018 and not be completed til late 2019

like CALM THE HELL DOWN

u guys always expect everything completed at once this is a 3 year project god damn itt
All we were saying is that it's a go "in principle". Since it's not starting right away, it gives a bit of time to evaluate the market while previous phases go ahead.

If market conditions change, projects sometimes die or get put on ice. There's no reason to believe that here, but nothing is ever "a go" until it's actively under construction. That's a simple reality in a question mark city like Winnipeg, and doesn't.

People promise to love each other forever and get divorced. Things happen and that's true for construction also.

Old Posted May 9, 2017, 1:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf13 View Post
All we were saying is that it's a go "in principle". Since it's not starting right away, it gives a bit of time to evaluate the market while previous phases go ahead.

If market conditions change, projects sometimes die or get put on ice. There's no reason to believe that here, but nothing is ever "a go" until it's actively under construction. That's a simple reality in a question mark city like Winnipeg, and doesn't.

People promise to love each other forever and get divorced. Things happen and that's true for construction also.
its a gold mine location situated between the arena and the convention center with sky walk connection to both and steps away from true north square.

no way they pull out or another hotel will jump in I guarantee you that..

Old Posted May 9, 2017, 6:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
TNS lands were (and I believe still are) owned by MPI. The Carlton Inn site was purchased through CentreVenture. So two different things.
Also the obligation to find a hotelier on the then centreventure owned site was Stuart Olsen's, which they did not fulfil at which point Chipman stepped in with offer to purchase land. I don't think that the hotel obligation is still there. Especially considering in the early plans for the two sites, the hotel was originally envisioned on the MPI lot.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the obligation went away when TNSE purchased the land. As part of the deal, Stuart Olson forfeited money, Again, IIRC. I'm sure there is a news article on it somewhere.

Old Posted May 9, 2017, 9:59 PM

Quote:
its a gold mine location situated between the arena and the convention center with sky walk connection to both and steps away from true north square.

no way they pull out or another hotel will jump in I guarantee you that..
You're mostly right. It's a great location and services a need.

It sounds nitpicky but in real estate it's huge... it's a minimum 3 years away and you just don't know what the marketplace will look like then, or whatever financial success or hardship the sutton group will face then. By all means it should be just fine, or even great!

The reason you can't guarantee it is because you cannot guarantee these circumstances three years in the future.

Old Posted May 11, 2017, 12:22 AM

damn this thing is going up fast

i think by next summer it should be mostly complete..

and the hotel phase should be going up...

i dont know whats next for skycity i think its 50/50 at this point.. i hope worst case they try to sell the project as a smaller scale condo project maybe 300 units instead of 388..

it would still be pretty tall and have a presence in the skyline just remove 10 floors

Old Posted May 11, 2017, 8:44 PM

Quote:
i dont know whats next for skycity i think its 50/50 at this point.. i hope worst case they try to sell the project as a smaller scale condo project maybe 300 units instead of 388..

it would still be pretty tall and have a presence in the skyline just remove 10 floors
I hope they proceed as planned and come through with completion of Winnipeg's tallest skyscraper!

Old Posted May 14, 2017, 3:25 PM
BANNED

Old Posted May 15, 2017, 3:45 PM

I've been to many places around the world that advertised the "best sunsets" and I'd sit back and think of them, "oh that's cute I guess."

We have the best sunsets in the world. Bar none. Prairie Skies. <3

Old Posted May 15, 2017, 3:50 PM
arf

^Regina will give you a run, but yep. Prairies. That dust in the air and the open skies make for some refraction magic.

Such an exciting project for Winnipeg. Really a great location to add some depth to what is going on downtown.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted May 15, 2017, 5:15 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

prarie skys are georges indeed. but has any of u guys/gals taken a trip to the north and seen the depths of red the skys get up there something burned deep in my mind as a kid when my parents packed up everything when we left lynn lake the depths of the deep red in the sky been back up many times and seen it.

Old Posted May 15, 2017, 5:15 PM

True, very nice in Saskatchewan, but it's all our lakes producing the right cloud combination that really bring out the colours.

Old Posted May 15, 2017, 6:48 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

then theres sunrises

Old Posted May 15, 2017, 8:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ajs View Post
then theres sunrises
Whoa.

Nice.

Old Posted May 16, 2017, 4:52 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ajs View Post
then theres sunrises
wow!

Old Posted May 16, 2017, 12:36 PM

Very nice. Any filters applied? Just curious.

Old Posted May 16, 2017, 12:51 PM
be nice to the crackheads

A fantastic location for this project. I don't know what it is about this development, but it has captivated me.

Old Posted May 16, 2017, 1:44 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrskylar View Post
wow!
No I try to shoot w I see

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan