HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Feb 3, 2008, 2:07 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiorenza View Post
I'm a Republican, but have a few Democrat friends.
Define what being a Republican means to you then? Does it mean pandering to corporate interests? Paying more for health care? War mongering? Feeding the military industrial complex? Phobia of anyone that is not like you? Because that is all I see from the current group of Republicans. I'll make a confession - I used to be a huge Republican. But the Republican party I see now and the one I saw in college 12 years ago are night and day.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2008, 2:12 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Cane View Post
I so agree. All that money just to get to a blow job and cover up. And to think we impeached him for that.
Thanks Harry. Go tell everyone you know. People may think we just have a war in Iraq, but I say we have a war HERE. For Truth and Justice>

Old Posted Feb 3, 2008, 2:21 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Cane View Post
I so agree. All that money just to get to a blow job and cover up. And to think we impeached him for that.
Yeah, and who was that GA Congressman that left his wife with cancer for another women while blasting Clinton. F'en hypocrites.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2008, 2:28 AM

Obama 08!

Old Posted Feb 3, 2008, 2:51 AM
BANNED

Hypocrisy Today

Newt's Current Book

Newt Gingrich- Your GA Congressman that prosecuted Bill Clinton

If you look up "hypocrite" in the dictionary, you should see a picture of Newt Gingrich.

The former Speaker of the House, whose proudly verbalized morality still dominates the right wing of the Republican party, was one of the framers of the Republican platform of family values. Gingrich orchestrated the impeachment of the President over charges arising from Mr. Clinton’s private life. He used terms such as "abnormal" to describe those who differed with him and his allies in the Christian Coalition. He often derided those he claimed did not meet the standards of his "moral majority." He exuded an almost holy aura that made him the Bible Belt’s favorite son.

But guess what? Gingrich is about to begin divorce proceedings from his second wife, Marianne. Why? Because while Gingrich was busy persecuting the President for his illicit affairs, Gingrich himself was having an affair with a scheduler and assistant hearing clerk for the House Agriculture Committee. A woman who was twenty-three years younger than he. The affair had reportedly been going on since 1995, which makes one wonder: While Newt was accusing the President of having Monica Lewinsky under his desk while fielding calls from international leaders, who was beneath Newt’s desk while he doggedly pursued the President?

This isn’t the first time Newt has proven himself to be a hypocrite. A few years ago he was denouncing violence in the media, proclaiming the entertainment industry as being part of a "unionized, bureaucratic, credentialed, secular assault on the core values of this country" to use his words. Of course, his complaints apparently didn’t apply to the book Newt penned, 1945, which was filled with sex and violence. By the way, you can find hardcover editions of 1945 at most bargain basement bookstores these days for about $2.99.

If Newt is one of their best examples, then the Christian Coalition obviously doesn’t think much of love and marriage either. Newt served his first wife with divorce papers while she was in her hospital bed dying of cancer. Later, he tried to cut life insurance to the mother of his children. More recently, Newt phoned his second wife on her mother’s 84th birthday to tell her that he wanted a divorce and to reveal that he’d been having an affair with a young aide for the past four years. Of that telephone call, Marianne Gingrich’s mother told the Washington Post: "It’s about the cruelest thing you can do. I think it’s terrible when people get away with things like this. We accepted him like a son."

Strangely, Gingrich remains a hero to many conservatives despite his committing the very same offense that Bill Clinton committed. Newt has committed adultery, lied to the public and ignored his own rules of morality. He may no longer be in Congress, but his name is still spoken with respect in certain circles, despite his questionable history.

Newt Gingrich often decried "the moral decay of the left." What he forgot to mention was that his own morality had rotted away until nothing was left of his soul.

Nobody asked me but that's my opinion - I welcome yours.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2008, 2:53 AM
BANNED

I'm going to East Andrews, everyone have a good night!

Old Posted Feb 3, 2008, 3:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behind_Phips View Post
I'm going to East Andrews, everyone have a good night!
Guess how sad is this, my first time ever been to East Andrews was about a month ago and I lived in this state for 12 yrs.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2008, 3:11 AM
BANNED

Holy Shit,

I post that crap about Newt and look who is advertising on Skyscraperpage.com.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2008, 3:13 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonheart8588 View Post
Guess how sad is this, my first time ever been to East Andrews was about a month ago and I lived in this state for 12 yrs.
You should come, I'm 6', 34, blondish brown hair, 175. Get out of the house Kid.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2008, 4:45 AM
Respect My Authorit-I!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behind_Phips View Post
Who's yours sprtsluvr8, I'm curious?
I'm a definite Hill-dog supporter...although I think Obama is a good candidate and I would vote for him after her two terms.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2008, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonheart8588 View Post
Obama would not be on any of my list. He has no experience. He advocate change but he doesn't know how to run any large government. He claim that he is an agent of change but yet he is part of the politic. I saw him in California debate, he had this stupid smirk on his face the whole time. Uggh!
Obama is the only chance that the Democrats have of winning the white house. Clinton is too divisive, and wont win over any republicans or very little independents. Here's the thing...Obama can win without Hilliary. Hilliary cant win without Obama on the ticket. Who is she gonna get as a VP that will bring in whole new generation like Obama has???? I've never seen young people voting like he's got them voting. Take him off the ticket, and you lose a lot of steam. No one debates her knowledge, but a leader is more than experience. By the way, not sure where 35years came from, but I do know he's been a elected official much longer than she has...Besides, I'm not ready to fight the same fight we had in the 90's. Old news! Experience??? Colin Powell, Rumsfield, Ms.Rice...all had experience... and you see where it got us. Hilliary will galvanize the republican party like never before. She will lose, and as a democrat I wont vote for her. Not a chance in hell.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2008, 1:18 PM
Respect My Authorit-I!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kardon View Post
Obama is the only chance that the Democrats have of winning the white house. Clinton is too divisive, and wont win over any republicans or very little independents. Here's the thing...Obama can win without Hilliary. Hilliary cant win without Obama on the ticket. Who is she gonna get as a VP that will bring in whole new generation like Obama has???? I've never seen young people voting like he's got them voting. Take him off the ticket, and you lose a lot of steam. No one debates her knowledge, but a leader is more than experience. By the way, not sure where 35years came from, but I do know he's been a elected official much longer than she has...Besides, I'm not ready to fight the same fight we had in the 90's. Old news! Experience??? Colin Powell, Rumsfield, Ms.Rice...all had experience... and you see where it got us. Hilliary will galvanize the republican party like never before. She will lose, and as a democrat I wont vote for her. Not a chance in hell.

Beyonce for VP...she would bring in young voters right?

Too many people view H. Clinton and B. Clinton as one entity. I really don't believe her administration will be at all like his, although I don't have any complaints about Bill's. I hope voters learned something from the recent 8 years of hell and at least most nonpartisans will swing to the Democrat side because of it. I would vote for Beyonce before going back to the same shit we've been having.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2008, 2:19 PM

OBAMA 08!!!

Old Posted Feb 3, 2008, 2:41 PM
BANNED

Seriously, am I the only one getting the Repub ads at the top of the page?

Old Posted Feb 3, 2008, 2:46 PM

i got a john mccain ad right above me here. seems like it does get your local ip possibly though. when i browse at home i get dodge sprinter ads - detroit. (though i think everyone gets those - re jada's "one hot piece of van meat" thread in skybar) when i browse at work, i get ads from kansas city - vpn tunnel to the headquarters there... work in tech support for hr block

OBAMA MAMA! i heard he's 20 points ahead in ga right now anyway...

Old Posted Feb 3, 2008, 2:50 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kardon View Post
Kardon, as divisive as Hillary is, the Republicans have nobody to stand behind. My grandparents, the biggest Republicans on the planet said they would vote for Hillary before McCain. Watch this Ann Coulter video: Shocking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuTqgqhxVMc

Last edited by Behind_Phips; Feb 3, 2008 at 3:09 PM.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2008, 2:55 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprtsluvr8 View Post
Beyonce for VP...she would bring in young voters right?

Too many people view H. Clinton and B. Clinton as one entity. I really don't believe her administration will be at all like his, although I don't have any complaints about Bill's. I hope voters learned something from the recent 8 years of hell and at least most nonpartisans will swing to the Democrat side because of it. I would vote for Beyonce before going back to the same shit we've been having.
Yeah, she could sing that song from the Direct TV commercial - "Let me upgrade you, grade you"

Old Posted Feb 3, 2008, 2:57 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabasse View Post
i got a john mccain ad right above me here. seems like it does get your local ip possibly though. when i browse at home i get dodge sprinter ads - detroit. (though i think everyone gets those - re jada's "one hot piece of van meat" thread in skybar) when i browse at work, i get ads from kansas city - vpn tunnel to the headquarters there... work in tech support for hr block

OBAMA MAMA! i heard he's 20 points ahead in ga right now anyway...
I think it reads the words on the forum too and places ads based on that.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2008, 3:09 PM
BANNED

Old Posted Feb 4, 2008, 2:36 AM

^Amen.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta