HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Aug 11, 2018, 1:06 AM
somewhere in-between

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMich View Post
I don't know how I didn't realize Kalamazoo Promise was going to be one of the anchor tenants of Catalyst.

Midtown Fresh looks great. Is this an independent or local company? It's really great to see these places open up in the city. Lansing's then-rep and current mayor sponsored a bill last year that passed that requires requires the Michigan Strategic fund to set aside 5% of its subsidies through its Community Revitalization Program for the attraction of urban/downtown grocery stores. So I hope we see more of these. It's little things like this that can really make the most difference.
It will be an exciting move for the Kalamazoo Promise. They will have actual collaborative work space and computer stations for students throughout the district to utilize.

Midtown Fresh is affiliated with a group of independently-operated groceries owned by Detroit-based Shina Group, which also owns the very-successful Park Street Market on Kalamazoo's North Side neighborhood, as well as 14 other urban stores in SE Michigan. They basically all operate independently of each other, with their own unique names and styles, but the stores work together for buying power to keep prices more competitive with the likes of Meijer and Walmart. Definitely a win-win for the community here.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations