HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Projects & Construction Updates

Old Posted Dec 11, 2022, 5:36 PM

Looks like MarshallZehr was the successful bidder for the property pending final sign off by the bankruptcy court. Will be interesting to see what they plan to do with the 2 unfinished buildings and the remaining blocks. Apparently there were a total of 9 bidders.

$34M for phase 1 and $32M for phase 2.

https://documentcentre.ey.com/api/Do...66&language=EN

Last edited by jammer139; Dec 16, 2022 at 8:14 PM.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2022, 1:09 PM

LFP article on purchase by MarshallZehr.

https://lfpress.com/business/local-b...eivership-sale

Old Posted Dec 14, 2022, 2:07 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Good news that work will resume. That aside, I find the building rather ugly. It bothers me how the windows don't line up properly. The Ivey building at UWO has the same problem. I don't get it.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2022, 1:05 PM

Update on story for the contractors involved.

https://lfpress.com/news/local-news/...pliers-out-10m

Old Posted Dec 19, 2022, 1:57 PM
The Vomit Bag.

^that's shitty news for the contractors owed money.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2023, 9:36 PM

Looks like the final paperwork is being processed on the court sale.

865 Kleinburg Drive
type Partially improved residential development (vesting order)
price $36,589,706
seller Ontario Superior Court of Justice
buyer 1000388064 Ontario Inc.

870, 911 & 985 Kleinburg Drive, 8370 Blackwater Road
type Partially improved residential development (vesting order)
price $28,774,873
seller Ontario Superior Court of Justice
buyer 1000388101 Ontario Inc.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2023, 12:59 AM

Looks like construction has resumed as when I drove by this site the other day, they were working on finishing the exterior paneling on the east side of the N/S-oriented building.

I didn't think that we would see any work start so soon after the paperwork has been finalized, earlier this month I believe.

Old Posted May 26, 2023, 11:53 AM

The site has had no work on completing these two buildings which sit boarded up. Not sure why the new owner isn't bringing in contractors to finish these two apartment buildings and get tenants moving in. You'd think they would be in a hurry to start generating revenues.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2023, 12:46 PM

Drove by this site yesterday. It looks exactly the same since last year. The new developers have done nothing. Curious whats going on. I feel like its prime consruction time to get this project complete.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2023, 3:24 PM

I agree very strange this has had zero movement. Must still be wrangling with the bankruptcy and the creditors before being able to move forward with contractors to finish the exterior and interior and get tenants.

Sadly I suspect the longer it sits the more issues they will have to remediate with water and mold.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2023, 7:12 PM

Interesting to see some work starting on this site. A scaffold has now been setup on the west side of the building fronting Fanshawe Rd and they appear to be installing the exterior finish. This is good news and hopefully a sign that other contractors will be returning to the site to finish these two buildings inside and out.

Last edited by jammer139; Sep 4, 2023 at 2:18 PM.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2023, 3:22 PM

Masonry contractor has now completed the install of exterior brick on the west wall on the south building. Scaffolding has been moved to start brick installation on the south facing side. Interesting choice of colour which is grey concrete block. Wonder if they plan to mix up the colour scheme as that look is not the best.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2023, 1:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammer139 View Post
Masonry contractor has now completed the install of exterior brick on the west wall on the south building. Scaffolding has been moved to start brick installation on the south facing side. Interesting choice of colour which is grey concrete block. Wonder if they plan to mix up the colour scheme as that look is not the best.
Not gonna lie, it looks like a prison. I hope they add some accent walls or something. Horrible design.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2023, 10:16 AM

There were a couple cars at the construction trailer Thursday, but not really much sign of anything going on.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2023, 8:02 PM
The Vomit Bag.

The incomplete walls and interiors have been exposed to the elements for years. Who's going to want to live there? It looks terrible to begin with.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2023, 10:23 PM

Not sure why the masonry contractor disappears for days at a time on this site. The weather has not been that bad and compared to what is coming in the months ahead they would love this weather.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2023, 4:16 PM

Looks like all the masonry work in now completed on the south side. No idea if they are working on the north side as that is not visible from the road.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2023, 4:19 PM

LFP article on the restart of construction for this project.

to be renamed Sunningdale Heights which is a good idea to removed the legacy of the old failed marketing name

https://lfpress.com/news/local-news/...-lengthy-delay

Of note the new owner MarshallZehr is partnering with Aura Developments and planning is underway for phase 2 and 3 of the property.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2023, 8:28 PM

I recall back before the new Costco was built that there was a MarshallZehr sign at the dead end of Roxburgh Rd. Not sure what their involvement is down there, maybe just financing like this project. Not new to London, for sure. I remember talking to a receiver in the old Costco a few years ago and he said "Oh I see they have plans for a Marshalls and a Zehrs store back there now" lol.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2024, 12:18 AM

Sadly there doesn't appear to be any new activity on this site in the last 2 months. Not sure what is going on since the exterior brick was installed back in Nov. But no signs of any interior contractors or exterior finishing has happened. You would think the new owner would have contractors busy trying to finish these two buildings ASAP.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Projects & Construction Updates