HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Oct 13, 2017, 2:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKinBeantown View Post
It clearly shows that they are indeed at different levels, but I can't make out the support structures within. Thanks for posting.
It's probably the mezzanine that's making it look weird right now. There's a partial mezzanine level for the bank (you can see the stairwell in some of the renderings into the lobby). I think the gym and conference facility will be on the mezzanine level on the other side of the lobby. The main entry area and back portion of the bank then would have higher ceilings.

The part jutting out toward the camera in the first picture is the bank's mezzanine level, I believe.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2017, 9:45 PM
May the Schwartz be w/ U!

This tower is going to look soooooooo cool in the skyline! Watching it grow with anticipation!

Old Posted Oct 17, 2017, 10:24 PM

I was just looking at the webcam, and I think they just installed a makeshift elevator (e.g., see cam1 near the second crane.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2017, 5:54 PM
James

10/26/2017

Old Posted Oct 27, 2017, 3:43 AM
James

Old Posted Oct 27, 2017, 4:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaga185 View Post
Great picture. Anyone know what that squared opening is?

Old Posted Oct 31, 2017, 1:40 PM
JACKinBeantown

Looks like they're about to install some large white beams. Is this instead of pouring them with rebar as they have so far?

Sorry for not posting a photo but as many of you know, Photobucket now sucks. Here's the webcam link.
https://app.oxblue.com/open/kdc/frostbank

p.s. - Thanks for another awesome picture, jaga185.

edit: On second thought, it looks like it may be part of the core structure, or maybe a decorative entrance column for people coming in from the garage. There is a second one on the ground waiting to be installed, so I'm going with the decorative entrance columns.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2017, 5:36 PM

Quote:
Looks like they're about to install some large white beams. Is this instead of pouring them with rebar as they have so far?

Sorry for not posting a photo but as many of you know, Photobucket now sucks. Here's the webcam link.
https://app.oxblue.com/open/kdc/frostbank

p.s. - Thanks for another awesome picture, jaga185.

edit: On second thought, it looks like it may be part of the core structure, or maybe a decorative entrance column for people coming in from the garage. There is a second one on the ground waiting to be installed, so I'm going with the decorative entrance columns.
It's a very odd looking thing. I think it has more to do with construction. May be for pouring cement?

Old Posted Oct 31, 2017, 7:09 PM
JACKinBeantown

I think you're right. When they were putting them in this morning I could only see the one part go in, and it went below the level of the floor they're working on, so I assume they'd be placed next to each other. But one went on top of the other and it has a ladder safety cage, so it must be for construction.

Video Link

Old Posted Nov 1, 2017, 6:29 AM

It's driving me crazy. I really want to know what that white poll installed yesterday afternoon. If someone knows what it is exactly for, please don't be shy and share.

Thanks in advance.

Old Posted Nov 1, 2017, 1:23 PM
JACKinBeantown

This might be a good time for one of jaga185's overhead shots because... what the hell is that?

Old Posted Nov 2, 2017, 6:03 PM
JACKinBeantown

I think you were right, Fryguy. They've attached what looks like the arm of a concrete pump.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2017, 6:08 PM
James

Quote:
I think you were right, Fryguy. They've attached what looks like the arm of a concrete pump.
I haven't been able to get a photo yall, maybe next week. Plus the weather has been pretty poopy lately.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2017, 5:35 PM
JACKinBeantown

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaga185 View Post
I haven't been able to get a photo yall, maybe next week. Plus the weather has been pretty poopy lately.
Ewwww!

Old Posted Nov 4, 2017, 1:42 AM

Quote:
I guess I was. Such odd things happening it's this structure. I swear, I do not believe they will be able to top this building by June 2018. At an an average of three weeks per floor, yeah...no. But I am hopeful.

Also, anyone know how tall the garage is suppose to be?

I also wonder when the makeshift elevator will be instilled.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2017, 3:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fryguy View Post
I guess I was. Such odd things happening it's this structure. I swear, I do not believe they will be able to top this building by June 2018. At an an average of three weeks per floor, yeah...no. But I am hopeful.

Also, anyone know how tall the garage is suppose to be?

I also wonder when the makeshift elevator will be instilled.
It's not due to be topped out by June. It won't be until Christmas of 2018 that the outside will be done, (We may see glass being installed by June, but nowhere near topout).

Also, the floors are being poured every 14 days or so, not 21.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2017, 5:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless 1 View Post
It's not due to be topped out by June. It won't be until Christmas of 2018 that the outside will be done, (We may see glass being installed by June, but nowhere near topout).

Fryguy is likely referring to a representative from Clark Construction who recently said that the building itself will be topped out in June 2018 but won't be finished out until the first quarter of 2019. Glass is expected to start being installed on completed sections beginning early next year (2018).

Old Posted Nov 5, 2017, 5:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by necropolis View Post
Fryguy is likely referring to a representative from Clark Construction who recently said that the building itself will be topped out in June 2018 but won't be finished out until the first quarter of 2019. Glass is expected to start being installed on completed sections beginning early next year (2018).
Yes, glass will be installed, starting early next year, but there have been several updates that recognize the delays in this construction, and the June date is widely recognized as inaccurate.

To keep whining about it is silly.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2017, 8:04 AM

Quote:
Yes, glass will be installed, starting early next year, but there have been several updates that recognize the delays in this construction, and the June date is widely recognized as inaccurate.

To keep whining about it is silly.
Where are these updates you refer to?

Old Posted Nov 5, 2017, 8:06 AM

Quote:

No. It's actually more like three weeks. It doesn't take much to average the days using the cam and it's history.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio