HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Feb 15, 2008, 1:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewguysf View Post
I think that there has been a considerable amount of self justification on the last two pages. As a fan of highrises, skyscrapers and architecture in general, I think that destroying views does matter. The idea that it's a "select few" is a gross untruth. The observation deck on Twin Peaks is loosing its view of the Bay Bridge, as are Dolores Park and many other areas. THIS MATTERS!
Very well said! Vistas of the bay, the bridges, the hills, the lesser cities across the bay , are all part of what makes this city so graphic, and they are being lost from a lot of public spaces. Quite honestly, I think this city is less beautiful than it was 10 years ago, and the only reason for it is that some of the buildings that have gone up are misplaced, plain, ugly, or all three. I know this is an unpopular stance, but for god's sake we really need to stop making everything out of blue and green glass -- we're starting to look like Houston!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations