HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Business & the Economy

View Poll Results: Which neighbourhood has the potential to experience the largest appreciation?
Marine Gateway 2 4.08%
Oakridge Centre 7 14.29%
Southeast False Creek 10 20.41%
Brentwood Town Centre 15 30.61%
Surrey City Centre 15 30.61%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old Posted Jul 30, 2014, 5:32 PM
BANNED

Burnaby seems to have the second highest number of office spaces in Metro Vancouver according to Avison Young's YE 2013 report though.

http://www.avisonyoung.com/fileDownl...OMR_YE2013.pdf

Old Posted Nov 29, 2014, 8:25 PM

here is my 2 cents worth of prediction:
since Oakridge and Brentwood just about neck to neck for investment potential, I 'll say Brentwood has a slight edge.
Oakridege already an established neighbourhood with higher land value therefore less room for growth.
Brentwood also has potential of Millenium line extending to UBC. It already terminates at VCC. One may enjoy one uninterrupted line right to UBC.
Dawson already shaping up to be a neighbourhood hub with cafes, pizza jaunts...what have you.
As for Surrey, it is a little further away and also needs to clear up some image issues before it can become a really sought after neighbourhood..

Old Posted Jun 13, 2015, 3:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VarBreStr18 View Post
here is my 2 cents worth of prediction:
since Oakridge and Brentwood just about neck to neck for investment potential, I 'll say Brentwood has a slight edge.
Oakridege already an established neighbourhood with higher land value therefore less room for growth.
Brentwood also has potential of Millenium line extending to UBC. It already terminates at VCC. One may enjoy one uninterrupted line right to UBC.
Dawson already shaping up to be a neighbourhood hub with cafes, pizza jaunts...what have you.
As for Surrey, it is a little further away and also needs to clear up some image issues before it can become a really sought after neighbourhood..
Oakridge will also benefit from the Broadway Line extension. One will be able to catch a ride to Coquitlam from the City Hall in the future.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2015, 8:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmk View Post
Brentwood be dead last on my list. Soulless with zero amenities nearby. No nice walking (or even sidewalks! near white spot) no cool cafes, no heritage, big box restaurants only, townhouses that butt right onto Loughheed, horrible traffic.....

Lolo would be at the top of my list and I would include all the way up lonsdale to the highway.

Second up and coming neighbourhood IMHO is Burnaby Heights. Lots of gross lots along Hastings are getting rebuilt right now. Lots of character and cool shops.
Brentwood is a 10 minute walk from the Burnaby Heights... I'm not expert but I'd say Brentwood would be a better investment than Metro.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2015, 3:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesOwnz View Post
Brentwood is a 10 minute walk from the Burnaby Heights... I'm not expert but I'd say Brentwood would be a better investment than Metro.
there is also a proposed linear park extending from Brentwood to Hastings supposedly starting construction 2016. Sounds like a very pleasant walk if finished.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2015, 5:30 PM
victory in near

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesOwnz View Post
you are a very fast walker!

Old Posted Oct 22, 2015, 5:49 PM

Quote:
I agree. Keep in mind that it's uphill. Going along Alpha, it takes me about 15 minutes to the library (just north of Hastings).

Old Posted Oct 22, 2015, 6:15 PM

Hastings n Nanaimo?

Old Posted Oct 25, 2015, 10:28 AM

Grandview-Woodlands?

Looks like growing interest from developers:

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/vancouver-...033549032.html

Old Posted Oct 26, 2015, 2:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper View Post
Grandview-Woodlands?

Looks like growing interest from developers:

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/vancouver-...033549032.html
Yup. Westbank is also applying for rezoning right next to Joyce station.
http://www.vancouvermarket.ca/2015/1...e-collingwood/

Old Posted Oct 26, 2015, 2:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TourOdeon View Post
Yup. Westbank is also applying for rezoning right next to Joyce station.
http://www.vancouvermarket.ca/2015/1...e-collingwood/
Nice. Thought it is a little silly to old build 29 stories when in Burnaby a lot of the Metrotown condo buildings are going in the mid 30s. However this is Vancouver where there is more restrictions.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2016, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Are you an.. older gentleman? It is a very quick walk up Willingdon...maybe 15 at max. (From Mall to the Safeway)

Though as someone who grew up in the neighborhood (lived 15 years on Capital Hill, then another few on Willingdon and Parker) I really consider the entire area the same pretty much.

Because of the very short distance to the heights (if you don't want to consider them the same) I can't see the reason of "lack of character" =/

It is not for people who want to go clubbing all the time though, =/

Old Posted Jun 6, 2016, 1:13 AM

Burnaby Heights

Quote:
Brentwood be dead last on my list. Soulless with zero amenities nearby.........

Lolo would be at the top of my list and I would include all the way up lonsdale to the highway.

Second up and coming neighbourhood IMHO is Burnaby Heights. Lots of gross lots along Hastings are getting rebuilt right now. Lots of character and cool shops.
I lived up in Burnaby Heights during much of my time at University, and even then, smart stores like L'UOMO were setting up, some chic restaurants. You say it's even moreso now.
One thing I very much liked about Burnaby Heights was the natural, unpretentious feeling of it. A lot of houses with white picket fences and apple trees, or variations thereof.
I'm all for Hastings becoming ever more interesting, but I hope the neighbourhood doesn't get ripped up and replaced with megahouses, esp of the more tasteless variety.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2016, 9:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trofirhen View Post
I lived up in Burnaby Heights during much of my time at University, and even then, smart stores like L'UOMO were setting up, some chic restaurants. You say it's even moreso now.
One thing I very much liked about Burnaby Heights was the natural, unpretentious feeling of it. A lot of houses with white picket fences and apple trees, or variations thereof.
I'm all for Hastings becoming ever more interesting, but I hope the neighbourhood doesn't get ripped up and replaced with megahouses, esp of the more tasteless variety.
It is very family geared neighbourhood

Old Posted Jul 5, 2017, 11:46 AM
Ex-Banker. R/E Insider

Another vote for Burnaby Heights / Hastings_Boundary area is beautiful and less commercial than Brentwood

Old Posted May 24, 2020, 2:29 PM

The City of Burnaby has the highest surplus compared to any other BC municipalities.
https://infogram.com/net-financial-a...hkv2nqrg1jp2x3

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Business & the Economy