Talking firest my proposal for diagram page

Hi
I have several proposal for diagrams
1-you can creat a new sheet in structure type:
name is alive:

members in the sheet: tree - Animal - Monster - Dinosaur - Human

tree Include:
Hyperion: world's tallest known living tree - 115.6m - available
General Sherman: making it the largest known non-clonal tree by volumem - 83.8m - stale report
Malayan Termir: 47m - available
cypress of Abarqu: oldest living thing in the world (4000 years old) - 25m - stale report
Pachycereus pringlei: It is the tallest cactus species in the world - 19.2m - stale report

Animal Include:
blue whale: the largest animal known to have ever existed - 35m - stale report
Giant Squid:Largest inver tebrate - 13m
Pyton reticulatus: Biggest Snake - 8.7m
Giraffe: tallest animal in the world - 6m
Elephant: Biggest animal in the world - 4m

Dinosaur Include:
Sauroposeidon Proteles: 18.3m - deleted
Apatosaurus: 6m
Tyrannosaurus: 4m

Monster Include:
Lock Ness: 9m
Godzilla: 100m - available
King Kong: 45m - available
and other monster in films: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...-monster_films
for example: Ghidorah-Konga-Atragon-dogora,...

Human:
Robert Pershing Wadlow: was the tallest person in history for whom there is irrefutable evidence - 2.72m - stale report
Sultan Kosen: holds the Guinness World Record for tallest living man - 2.52m

thank u

Old Posted Jun 11, 2011, 11:04 PM
BANNED

Interesting, this is an old discussion here. It had proposals from Eduardo about naval vessels, others still defend masts and chimneys, very interesting btw, but... you know, ssp has 2 group of persons. The ones who discriminate other man-made structures other than the concept of what is building, in intention to delete all structures that are no highrises. To this group belong many administrators and editors here, even lowrises are put out. And another group, more flexible, that accept other many beautiful and immense man-made constructions, including vehicles, like rockets, swimming cranes and ships.

Even knowing that had Trees and monsters in database, since beginning the site back 10 years, i mean, it had ever some exceptions, and remained so in database, this is getting spread of crazy. You probably belong to the group of flexibility and even more flexible than me. The diagrams of them are also great imo, however allowing all giant plants and alive 'things', just because is too high or too old goes in the direction of not-constructions, but live criatures and that is nature, which fits to a guiness book illustration, but probably not here.

I belong to the flexible group and don't mind having them, even when i am not too flexible like you, accepting all. If has a beautiful illustration to be included, then ok, other day, back some weeks had a tree of 100m included, i became very suprised, because makes the site more interesting that only thousand empty of midrises buildings included everyday, without diagrams, more and equal the same in form and appearance, nobody does an illustration.

Those other things give an odd interest part to site and catch audience to see what of extravagant of bigness had or has in world like an illustrated fast encyclopedia and the difficulty of its diagram beeing done. In world we have beautiful huge bridges, monuments, spaceships and other human fantasy creations, but also the criatures of nature did not depend on humans to be existent, even when belongs also to this diversity we call earth. If would be not exagerated including here, not like many empty boring mid-size buildings without diagrams that serves to nothing and nobody sees in database and remains for ever so, then why not... if is man-made.

The proverb says: If the rule has exception, then has no rules. http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?buildingID=95329
This card edited by Editor Artemco should imo be deleted, unfortunatly losing the diagram like others. The dinossaurs are steel.bones replica, so it is ok to be inside.

It is ok the proverb for me if a beautiful illustration immediately goes uploaded, but only if is not nature. In other words, this site is about man-made constructions. I don't remember you talking about Mount Everest as well, the highest Mountain in world, but again is nature, so does not deserve a place here imo.

Maybe this discussion was that made me ex-editor, however i gave my opinion.

Last edited by M.K.; Jun 12, 2011 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Sequoia Diagram of Tree included

Old Posted Jun 12, 2011, 12:00 AM
I am a typical

I don't have a problem with including a few famous non-building examples, like General Sherman, Godzilla, or the space shuttle, but when you're including every large tree, every smoke stack, every antenna, every fictional monster, it gets absurd, and distracts from the main focus of the site. It gets especially bad when you've got things like giraffes and people, which aren't even visible at the 1px:1m scale.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2011, 6:10 PM
SMH 304

Talking we have wishful expanse

we can use other scale for example 1px:0.1m
also add only famous record in Guinness (tallest .... in the world)
this is nice

Last edited by Smh304; Jun 12, 2011 at 6:22 PM.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2011, 5:55 PM
Website Manager

Adding an "alive" category is a cute suggestion, but that is not the type of content this website is focused on. Any database entries which would fit into such a category are fine going into the existing "other" category, and we certainly don't need a proliferation of these anyways.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Diagrams & Database > Diagrams