HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Apr 20, 2024, 7:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightChop View Post
I expect to see another announcement for AUS growth coming from Delta shortly.
Any guesses what they might add?

Old Posted Apr 22, 2024, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX2030 View Post
Any guesses what they might add?
Another small round of expansion to 3-5 cities.

My wild guesses:
MSY New Orleans - AA only has one RJ a day in the summer which indicates they would likely pull the plug with some pressure.
ELP El Paso - Puts pressure on Southwest while they struggle with MAX deliveries.
SJC San Jose - Recently dropped by Alaska.
FLL Fort Lauderdale - Recently dropped by JetBlue as part of their major network shakeup.
Another Florida: Tampa or Miami if they want to poke the AA bear. Austin is the only hub or focus city not served from MIA on DL.
Bonus: Cancun or Cabo.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2024, 2:35 PM

Quote:

My wild guesses:
MSY New Orleans - AA only has one RJ a day in the summer which indicates they would likely pull the plug with some pressure.
ELP El Paso - Puts pressure on Southwest while they struggle with MAX deliveries.
FLL Fort Lauderdale - Recently dropped by JetBlue as part of their major network shakeup.
Another Florida: Tampa or Miami if they want to poke the AA bear. Austin is the only hub or focus city not served from MIA on DL.
Agree on all! I could also see LBB and AMA happening. I think SFO instead of SJC since DL has a Sky Club there and not at SJC. Also gives one-stop Asia service on SkyTeam members.

Wildcards-DFW or DAL, IAH or HOU, PHX and SAN

BTW new SkyWest flights started today!

Old Posted Apr 22, 2024, 2:52 PM

Since Delta closed their huge DFW hub smaller Texas markets became underserved and even not served.
Someone - Somewhere mentioned Austin as a new "Texas Gateway" for Delta. I've always seen Corpus Christi as underserved. Maybe a Delta RJ once or twice daily would be a fit. I agree with Lubbock and Amarillo even adding in a South Texas / Rio Grande Valley airport. Thinking outside the box like Tyler, Abilene, San Angelo and maybe Beaumont might work. Fighting Southwest and American is gonna be tuff.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2024, 5:51 PM

Quote:

My wild guesses:
I second:

MSY
SJC
FLL
CAN
PVR

Old Posted Apr 22, 2024, 5:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoes View Post
Since Delta closed their huge DFW hub smaller Texas markets became underserved and even not served.
Someone - Somewhere mentioned Austin as a new "Texas Gateway" for Delta. I've always seen Corpus Christi as underserved...Fighting Southwest and American is gonna be tuff.
Gateway is the word being used by Delta in their initial announcement and was also used with their SXSW promotions.

I can assure you many at Delta want to be back in Texas in a big way. Here's an example of how the word has been used for future/new hubs by the airline in the past. Seattle's lack of gates problem in 2014 is now Austin's in 2024

Last edited by LightChop; Apr 22, 2024 at 10:57 PM.

Old Posted Yesterday, 2:42 PM

Inside the Austin airport’s West Infill project

The project will expand the airport by 75,000 sqft, add plenty of new TSA lanes at Checkpoint 3, and allow for growing demand at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport.

April 22, 2024 • Laura Figi

https://atxtoday.6amcity.com/develop...infill-project

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin