HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted May 18, 2018, 8:47 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

I see that they have extended Chesley all the way out to the roundabout next to Highway 15.

In addition, they have cleared the land between the roundabout and the highway. Does this mean they are planning on building the partial interchange this year???

Old Posted May 19, 2018, 12:35 AM

I don't know but with the mayor being the provincial Liberal candidate with an election three or four months away, it would seem likely. And no, I'm not being sarcastic.

Old Posted May 31, 2018, 5:22 PM

There has been a dust-up with the operators of the Shediac Market, Stepping Stone Productions, and the town. This led to Stepping Stone backing out of their lease deal with the town and abandoning the market. The town will step in and run the market this year as it is a huge tourist draw, it remains to be seen if they will continue to operate the market in the years to come.

Old Posted May 31, 2018, 6:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benvui View Post
There has been a dust-up with the operators of the Shediac Market, Stepping Stone Productions, and the town. This led to Stepping Stone backing out of their lease deal with the town and abandoning the market. The town will step in and run the market this year as it is a huge tourist draw, it remains to be seen if they will continue to operate the market in the years to come.
I'm guessing there continuing to run the market will depend on a few factors, and one major factor will probably be revenue brought in.

Old Posted May 31, 2018, 9:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benvui View Post
Are you referring to the outdoor Sunday market in the summer?

Old Posted Jun 1, 2018, 1:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEI highway guy View Post
Are you referring to the outdoor Sunday market in the summer?
Yes, this is the Sunday Market in Pascal Poirier Parc on the site of the Old Hotel Shediac.
There is no question that the market is a huge draw for the town, hopefully they will be able to successful get the vendors to continue to participate. That would be my concern, vendor loyalty to the former operator.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2018, 3:34 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

There's apparently a new Swiss themed restaurant opening in Shediac this summer.

Rock'n Raclette Swiss Cuisine will be opening at 634 Main Street.

There will be an authentic Swiss menu, focussing on fondues and Swiss chocolate products.

https://www.facebook.com/RocknRaclette/

Old Posted Jul 9, 2018, 11:35 AM

Work has started this morning on the ramps connecting highway 15 to Chesley st. They were dropping off equipment when I went buy this morning. This will cut my commute time by almost 10 minutes in the summer getting out of Shediac into Moncton and I look forward to the completion of this project.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2018, 2:59 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

T&T states that the new connectors from Chesley onto Route 15 westbound will carry about 5,800 cars daily and will be completed in September.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2018, 3:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post

T&T states that the new connectors from Chesley onto Route 15 westbound will carry about 5,800 cars daily and will be completed in September.
Is this only a on ramp to highway 15 WB or can you get off 15 wb coming from CAP Pele and go into town?

If I had just built a nice home in that neighborhood I do not know if I would like the extra traffic.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2018, 4:02 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Is this only a on ramp to highway 15 WB or can you get off 15 wb coming from CAP Pele and go into town?
It is both a westbound on and off ramp.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2018, 12:11 PM

I was in at Kent in Shediac yesterday and asked the manager about their new building. He confirmed that construction will start this fall with an opening in the spring. I asked about the water tower and he said that yes they were waiting for it to be built and that construction on the water tower is scheduled to be completed in October. I wonder how many other projects that are waiting for the water tower to complete before construction to begin. The new gas station/Tim's rumoured to be built by the new interchange off highway 15/11 into Shediac.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2018, 12:34 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Whatever happened to that big mini golf development they were going to build at the Oceanic campground on Ohio Road???

Old Posted Jul 13, 2018, 4:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post

Whatever happened to that big mini golf development they were going to build at the Oceanic campground on Ohio Road???
i was talking to someone who has a trailer there and I guess the owner decided that because of a huge change in the exchange rate that it wasn't worth buying the materials for the mini golf. There now is a large cleared piece of land in its place with no timeline for when or if the original plan will be completed.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2018, 11:51 AM

Investment in Shediac ramps construction
11 July 2018
SHEDIAC (GNB) – The provincial government and the Town of Shediac are partnering to build two ramps that will connect Route 15 and Chesley Street.

Construction has already begun and is expected to be complete in September. The project will provide a more direct route from Route 15 to the downtown core, and also to residential areas south of Main Street.

“Strategic investments in transportation infrastructure are crucial for keeping this province moving forward,” said Shediac-Beaubassin-Cap-Pelé MLA Victor Boudreau. “Keeping the effective flow of goods, services and tourists through the municipality will help the region continue to grow.”

Boudreau attended for Transportation and Infrastructure Minister Bill Fraser.

Route 15 is a trade corridor for several industries in the province. This project is expected to ease traffic congestion on Main Street and also create opportunities for development on the south side of Route 15.

The government and the Town of Shediac will share the estimated $2-million cost of the project evenly.

The Department of Transportation and Infrastructure’s $688.2-million capital budget reflects the government’s priority of investing strategically in its buildings, highways and bridges. Strategic investments in infrastructure are a key component of the multi-year New Brunswick Economic Growth Plan, the government’s framework for moving the economy forward.

11-07-18
Who thinks this project will ease congestion on Main St? Commutes will be faster, however I still think MANY RESIDENTS will be upset at increased truck traffic in a this neighborhood

Old Posted Jul 14, 2018, 3:42 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Who thinks this project will ease congestion on Main St? Commutes will be faster, however I still think MANY RESIDENTS will be upset at increased truck traffic in a this neighborhood
The connector to Chesley by itself won't affect Main Street traffic too much, but Breaux Bridge is being completed all the way through to the Ohio Road, and this will provide an alternate east/west route through town avoiding Main Street completely. This will make a substantial difference.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2018, 10:52 PM

Vestiaire St Joseph is moving from there current location to the old NBLC on Donat Ext Street.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2018, 11:29 PM

I used to laugh at everyone taking the wrong turnoff at the new roundabout at Shediac. I figured, how complicated can it possibly be?
Today I finally got to check it out on my way to Shediac - and promptly missed my exit LOL!

Old Posted Aug 13, 2018, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'homard View Post
I used to laugh at everyone taking the wrong turnoff at the new roundabout at Shediac. I figured, how complicated can it possibly be?
Today I finally got to check it out on my way to Shediac - and promptly missed my exit LOL!
LOL Yup me too!

Old Posted Aug 25, 2018, 6:49 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Has anyone tried the new Black Rabbit Restaurant at the Bower Hotel yet? It sounds like it is (will be) one of the top restaurants in the region.

http://www.baroloandco.com/new-index/#black-rabbit

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces