HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Aug 19, 2017, 12:03 PM

Also, if anyone's interested, here's the short list of concerts and events already scheduled, not including any hockey or basketball home games.
(Red Wings first pre-season game is September 23rd, Piston's first regular season home game is October 18th)

Video Link

Old Posted Aug 21, 2017, 11:39 PM

This huge concrete pad seems kind of random. The pedestrian walkway is supposed to be to the right of this pad, so I'm not sure what it's for. Earlier in the day, works were drilling holes it seems like.

Also, the first couple of pizza-shaped window planes were put up. It looks like they were checking out how it looked/showing it off. Probably looks better in the morning.

Edit: Actually, these windows have been up since June 17th but they only just now showed them off for more than an hour, otherwise I probably would have never noticed them.

http://www.districtdetroit.com/live-web-cam/

Old Posted Aug 22, 2017, 4:52 PM

Wasn't there supposed to be another building where the platform is currently located?

Old Posted Aug 22, 2017, 11:37 PM

Yea the hotel. But I'd assume they'd be putting a foundation there rather than whatever that pad is. But time will tell what it's for.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2017, 3:38 AM
somewhere in-between

It's not possibly a tilt-up concrete wall, is it? It kinda looks like one, with the periodic raised 'strips' for reinforcement. I could be completely wrong though.

The pizza wedges look good; but are the blank walls behind the plane of glass meant to be temporary? Seems kinda odd, but I don't know what the design intent was.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2017, 11:39 AM

No, I think it's staying flat on the ground. Looking over the webcam stills from earlier in the month and last month, it looks like the same process they did when they created the walkways in front of the glass atriums. So they're going to put pavers in the cut out parts of that slab. There's also some circular blocks they put in that were connected underground with PVC pipes so I'm pretty positive those will be where some street lights will be put up.

It's possible that the hotel might cantilever over this pad, but without any definite rendering of it's going to look like, it's just a wild guess. But every rendering I've seen shows a building in the spot with the same diagonal angle.

As far as the blank walls, it looks pretty temporary. As for what their purpose is, I have no clue.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2017, 1:46 PM
Midwest Moderator - Editor

Like, could it just be they changed the plans slightly and there will be a pedestrian walkway cutting through a building(s)?

Old Posted Aug 23, 2017, 3:24 PM
Registered Ugly

Could be a loading dock.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2017, 4:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMich View Post
Like, could it just be they changed the plans slightly and there will be a pedestrian walkway cutting through a building(s)?
Without having ever seen a definitive plan for this building, it could be possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subterranean View Post
Could be a loading dock.
Definitely not. It's like the main corner of the arena complex and there's expected to be a lot of pedestrian traffic there. A loading dock would be either off of the I-75 service drive or Park Avenue.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2017, 4:06 PM
Midwest Moderator - Editor

Unless I'm disoriented, this slab is literally pointing at the service drive.

Anyway, I've tried emailing them about the developments taking place and have never gotten a response. Maybe someone else would have better luck.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2017, 4:17 PM
Registered Ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by animatedmartian View Post
Definitely not. It's like the main corner of the arena complex and there's expected to be a lot of pedestrian traffic there. A loading dock would be either off of the I-75 service drive or Park Avenue.
I thought about that, and you're probably right. About 4 seconds into this video, it shows the building in the bottom left. If it is to be a hotel, it could just be an entrance.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2017, 5:33 PM

Ok, now there's some I-beams at the location now. So that kind of helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMich View Post
Unless I'm disoriented, this slab is literally pointing at the service drive.
The purple lines are where Henry Street will cut through. The red lines is where the pedestrian plaza will be. And obviously where the cement truck is is the service drive.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2017, 7:52 PM

New sign is up on the exterior

Old Posted Aug 29, 2017, 1:42 AM

Old Posted Aug 30, 2017, 11:34 PM

Grand opening is officially September 12th.

https://twitter.com/LCA_Detroit

Old Posted Aug 30, 2017, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Comcast builds state-of-the-art fiber internet system at Little Caesars Arena

Comcast Corp. is providing a fiber-based Wi-Fi network for Little Caesars Arena and The District Detroit, making it the "largest, most technologically advanced mixed-use development in the U.S.," Olympia Entertainment and the internet provider announced Wednesday.

Comcast is investing about $11 million in its services for the arena, said Tim Collins, senior vice president of Comcast's Heartland Region. It is the arena's sole internet vendor. Comcast and Olympia declined to provide specifics on the 10-year agreement.

The internet provider has spent more than a year installing an all-fiber, multi-terabit network throughout the arena and 50-block District Detroit development area, Collins said. The Wi-Fi will be going strong for eventgoers when the arena opens Sept. 12, but Comcast will continue to tweak its service for the first 30 days to adapt to the arena's variety of events, from Kid Rock's opening concert to the Detroit Red Wings and Pistons games, he said.

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article...little-caesars

Quote:
Kid Rock-branded restaurant to open at Little Caesars Arena

Kid Rock's Made in Detroit brand will join the restaurant and bar lineup at Little Caesars Arena, Delaware North Sportservice announced Tuesday.

The restaurant concept "created in collaboration with" the Macomb County-born rock star — who will open the new downtown Detroit arena with six shows starting Sept. 12 — will be called Kid Rock's Made in Detroit, according to a news release.

The music-focused eatery will serve "classic Detroit- and Southern-influenced dishes" in a 5,800-square-foot space with room to seat 230 and Kid Rock-inspired decor. Of course there will be a bar, which will offer local beer and cocktails. The restaurant will also host metro Detroit bands for live shows, the release said.

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article...-caesars-arena

Hype, hype, hype it up.

Video Link

Old Posted Sep 1, 2017, 11:31 PM

Interesting theme developing on the walls. All the pictures are basically famous Detroiters both from sports and music.

https://twitter.com/LCA_Detroit

Old Posted Sep 2, 2017, 3:58 PM

Maps of amenities and parking for the district. The Via concourse will be open most days on event and non-event days.

http://www.districtdetroit.com/news/...-caesars-arena

Old Posted Sep 6, 2017, 12:08 AM

Today was the ribbon cutting ceremony and media showing for the opening of LCA.

Video Link

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index....little_ca.html

Old Posted Sep 6, 2017, 12:22 AM

The ancillary developments, such as the hotel, the office space, and the two residential projects, are still active construction sites.

LCHQ is also still under construction although they don't seem to be doing as much facade work. Some webcam shots show cranes lifting materials into the building.

The School of Business is also still under construction.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development