HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Mosaic Potash Hill Centre Tower III in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Regina Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Dec 8, 2010, 2:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvj View Post
Agreed. The new design is definitely 18 storeys. And the top of parapet elevation for the highest projection is 81 meters. I think what happened is that the lower, main parapet (below the projection) is probably about 7 meters lower than it was before. They just made the projection proportionally larger.

But if 20 storeys is a magic number...there is actually a mechanical room level above the 18th floor...and an elevator machine room above that...

Floor to floor dimension is 3.7M, except the main to second dimension is 7.4M with a partial mezzanine.
There is maezzanine level between the 1st and 2nd floors.
Most likey what is going on is that they make office plates higher than 20 years , so it may be higher maybe they are keeping the final height a secret

Old Posted Dec 11, 2010, 8:16 PM

So Ledcor got the contract to build the tower. Graham just got the foundation work.

Ledcor has made in big move into Saskatchewan with serious offices in Regina and Saskatoon. They were advertising for all sorts of jobs even before the got this huge contract.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2010, 7:04 PM

Ledcore eh? i see, very big company, well congrats for them, for making a move in saskatchewan, they are also the same guys building the bow in calgary

Old Posted Dec 13, 2010, 2:03 PM

Rosanne Hill-Blaisdell tells Reed Construction Data 18 floors:

http://www.journalofcommerce.com/article/id42022

Old Posted Dec 13, 2010, 3:30 PM

Damnit! Well, I'll admit I'm wrong then.

This is a huge disappointment. The only office to be put up in twenty years and it is reduced. I hope the rumours of another tall office are true because this news is beyond depressing.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2010, 4:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigglysquishy View Post

This is a huge disappointment. The only office to be put up in twenty years and it is reduced. I hope the rumours of another tall office are true because this news is beyond depressing.
Are you serious? Beyond depressing? Regina is gaining a beautiful new office tower...18 floors vs 20 floors...BIG DEAL! We've waited 20 years for this, 2 floors isn't a huge difference in the big scheme of things. Think of where downtown Regina would be WITHOUT the Hill family; hopefully you won't still be depressed after that thought.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2010, 6:03 PM

After reading this article I understand why the reduced the height howerever I would rather prefer it to be taller then Tower 1 and 2. What I do like about about this article is the very last sentence. The Hill Centre Tower III will join three other towers, as additions to the Regina skyline in the next few years Do they mean capital pointe, gardens on rose, caterbury tower, center point plaza or are they hinting at some more towers in the work that aren't already rumored.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2010, 6:26 PM

18 floors is still one of the tallest in the province

Old Posted Dec 13, 2010, 9:38 PM

Yes, some people need a sense of perspective here.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2010, 10:29 PM
BANNED

Some people on here are too funny. At least we don't have a River Landing situation on our hand.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2010, 10:44 PM

Quote:

The reduction in height is disappointing (as with other similar projects in the past); however, during the late '80s, Sask. Wheat Pool ADDED 4 floors to its building!!! (The present-day Viterra Building)

If you walk by it, you can tell of the slightly different appearance in regards to the top 4 floors.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2010, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkydivePilot View Post
The reduction in height is disappointing (as with other similar projects in the past); however, during the late '80s, Sask. Wheat Pool ADDED 4 floors to its building!!! (The present-day Viterra Building)

If you walk by it, you can tell of the slightly different appearance in regards to the top 4 floors.
Ohh, I never knew that. Anyone have any pictures of that building? I'm not familiar with it.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2010, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkydivePilot View Post

That's crazy. Is is structurally possible to do this to most buildings? I wasn't even aware that this practice existed.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2010, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sask1982 View Post
Are you serious? Beyond depressing? Regina is gaining a beautiful new office tower...18 floors vs 20 floors...BIG DEAL! We've waited 20 years for this, 2 floors isn't a huge difference in the big scheme of things. Think of where downtown Regina would be WITHOUT the Hill family; hopefully you won't still be depressed after that thought.
True, 2 floors isn't a big deal. But those 2 floors would have made a difference in appearence for the Mosaic tower. Especially beside tower II. I don't think its wrong to say you are disapointed in losing that. Personally, I will be really excited when an announcement is made for a tower that breaks 100 meters. Until then, while announcements for new towers are nice, I won't take real notice until "the big one" is built.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2010, 11:57 PM

If your building's engineered from the outset to accommodate future additional floors, it is possible.

The Agriculture Building on the U of S campus added a floor several years after its initial construction.
http://www.usask.ca/communications/o...-98/news2.html

The original Wheat Pool/Sherwood Department Store was designed for additional floors that were never built.
http://www.historicplaces.ca/en/rep-...u.aspx?id=1294

Quote:
That's crazy. Is is structurally possible to do this to most buildings? I wasn't even aware that this practice existed.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2010, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sask1982 View Post
i dont think it may be a big deal, i bet ya 5 yrs from now there will be a tallest in the works, with the way the economy is booming and growing

Old Posted Dec 14, 2010, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djforsberg View Post
Some people on here are too funny. At least we don't have a River Landing situation on our hand.
hey now!! haha just kidding your right, that was stressfull and painfull for some, but now we are getting it

Old Posted Dec 14, 2010, 1:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob View Post
True, 2 floors isn't a big deal. But those 2 floors would have made a difference in appearence for the Mosaic tower. Especially beside tower II. I don't think its wrong to say you are disapointed in losing that. Personally, I will be really excited when an announcement is made for a tower that breaks 100 meters. Until then, while announcements for new towers are nice, I won't take real notice until "the big one" is built.
I agree and those 2 extra floors would have made it a new tallest, by only .5m but still a new tallest. Looks like Capital Pointe is the next contender to break the record and maybe the elusive 100 meter one is waiting in the weeds. Until then, at least there's some highrise action to discuss. That's not depressing. Waiting 18 years is.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2010, 1:59 AM

Quote:
Oh yes! It is very difficult to observe the difference in the texture/colour etc. (of the Viterra Bldg.) while driving. (and we thought driving with cellphones was bad --- lol!!!!) However, if you were to walk by, you'll see a slight difference in the appearance of the top four floors. They still did a great job on blending them together.

The U.of R. added another floor to the Education Building back during the
winter of '00-'01. And last year, there were a few more floors added onto the ex-Motherwell Building --- etc.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2010, 2:24 AM

Yes they were very faithful to the original "Penitentiary" motif when they added the new floors.

source: wikimapia.org

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan