HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Nov 7, 2012, 4:11 AM
Hong Kong

hkskyline's 2012 in SHANGHAI

1. Shanghai is merely a 2-hour flight from Hong Kong, so it's a great destination for a short trip. Opting for a luxurious treat, I choise the Ritz Carlton Shanghai Pudong, a new hotel with 285 rooms occupying the top of one of the IFC towers. With such a prime location, the views did not disappoint.

2. The hotel has a grand view of Pudong's current tallest buildings and the future tallest, now under construction.

3. Shanghai Tower will be the city's tallest building when complete.

7. The Huangpu River bends as it snakes northward. This part of Pudong remains relatively empty so the Oriental Pearl Tower has plenty of stretching space.

12. Club members can enjoy breakfast and cocktails facing the Bund.

22. My last set of Bund night-time photos were from 2005. I wanted to do an update now that the new waterfront is up and running. It has vastly improved, with many street-level crossings that connect both sides easily.

35. The Peace Hotel underwent a long renovation under the Fairmont label, and I was curious to see what the new inside looks like. There were a lot of security guards roaming around, but they were courteous and didn't bug me much for taking these.

38. I tried the food at one of their restaurants but was not impressed though.

39. Continuing my walk ...

The whole set : http://www.globalphotos.org/shanghai.htm

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos