HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Aug 16, 2017, 1:58 AM
Heart of the Continent

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwoldtimer View Post
I'm almost afraid to ask, but where did you pick up this fake news?
IDK where it was found, but I've seen it a few times. Snopes even has a page about it:

http://www.snopes.com/canada-legalizes-beastiality/

Old Posted Aug 16, 2017, 2:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotag277 View Post
Ah yes, because the only reason Canadians don't partake in bestiality en masse is because there is a law on the books. Don't have a very high opinion of your fellow countryman, do you?
What?

Old Posted Aug 16, 2017, 2:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwoldtimer View Post
What?
I was responding to this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinus View Post
If this is true, our country is headed into a state of Sodom and Gomorrah of epic proportions.
IE. the notion that the fact there is a law concerning this is the only thing preventing Canada from turning into Sodom and Gomorrah depraved nation state. Looking back, that is probably one of my more outrageous quotes which I never would have imagined I would end up typing in my lifetime.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2017, 2:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotag277 View Post
IE. the notion that the fact there is a law concerning this is the only thing preventing Canada from turning into Sodom and Gomorrah depraved nation state. Looking back, that is probably one of my more outrageous quotes which I never would have imagined I would end up typing in my lifetime.
So you feel that any kind of sexual contact with animals should be deemed acceptable/legal in our society because, you know; we live in the "anything goes" PC 21st Century.

Rightio then.

Sorry, but our country just became more of a disgusting global embarrassment as a result.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2017, 2:17 AM
Heart of the Continent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinus View Post
Sorry, but our country just became more of a disgusting global embarrassment as a result.
Not many people would consider Canada to be a disgusting global embarrassment. No laws were brought in legalizing bestiality, the law was just poorly worded.

Quote:
So you feel that any kind of sexual contact with animals should be deemed acceptable/legal in our society because, you know; we live in the "anything goes" PC 21st Century.
That's also not even remotely what he said.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2017, 2:40 AM

So now that the new Irish PM is coming over, Trudeau is going to be accompanying him to Montreal's Pride Parade.

I'm getting sick of Trudeau spending half of his time hugging refugees, going to Pride parades, and giving us unrelenting "diversity" speeches. Dear Trudeau, we already know you are liberal, progressive, and love diversity so now please get on with running the country. Please spend a little less time at Pride events, offering unending apologies to everyone, and refugee welcoming committees and a little more time actually building those transportation infrastructure projects you promised, stopping the Chinese money laundering, building affordable housing, relieving poverty, doing something about the horrid drug crisis which is killing 10 people a day, and addressing our growing income and wealth gap.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2017, 2:45 AM
Heart of the Continent

You realize that Trudeau has ministers for that, I would hope? Honestly, Trudeau has brought us the best economy in 17 years, and it seems like the infrastructure money is rolling out the door now.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2017, 3:13 AM

I never said anything the economy but our many social ills.........homelessness, wealth and income inequality, drug problems, and child poverty.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2017, 3:43 AM
Heart of the Continent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssiguy View Post
I never said anything the economy but our many social ills.........homelessness, wealth and income inequality, drug problems, and child poverty.
With the introduction of the CCB, Trudeau has done more about child poverty than anyone in a long time. With the billions going to social housing, the same is also true of homelessness. It's also arguable that the CCB and the changes made to income tax helped to address income inequality. We'll have to see what they can do about the drug crisis. Legalizing marijuana is a good start though.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2017, 4:29 AM
Because it's 2015.

Quote:
So now that the new Irish PM is coming over, Trudeau is going to be accompanying him to Montreal's Pride Parade.

I'm getting sick of Trudeau spending half of his time hugging refugees, going to Pride parades, and giving us unrelenting "diversity" speeches. Dear Trudeau, we already know you are liberal, progressive, and love diversity so now please get on with running the country. Please spend a little less time at Pride events, offering unending apologies to everyone, and refugee welcoming committees and a little more time actually building those transportation infrastructure projects you promised, stopping the Chinese money laundering, building affordable housing, relieving poverty, doing something about the horrid drug crisis which is killing 10 people a day, and addressing our growing income and wealth gap.
It's funny because all of those problems existed while Harper was prime minister but he did less to solve those problems in nearly 10 years than Trudeau has done in nearly 2 years despite not "wasting his time" on pride parades and hugging people.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2017, 4:52 AM

I don't think the fentanyl crisis had the same proportions during Harper's decade, at all. If you have data that shows otherwise, please let me know.

(just sayin' - don't read more than what's written.)

Old Posted Aug 16, 2017, 12:09 PM

Quote:

hmmmm, I can think of 3 privately funded infrastructure projects that would inject close to $30 billion dollars into the Canadian economy, and provide $60 billion in tax revenue to the provincial and federal governments over the next 20 years, that could be allocated to contribute to fixing those important issues facing Canada's society today. Add the green energy technology development to that list as well. What other privately funded project can do the same?! What industry or projects can Weaver and Horgan suggest can do the same?? It should be a matter of advocating for where/how citizens of this country want the tax money to be spent, rather than outright blocking these massive projects, denying themselves and fellow Canadians the huge benefits from these projects, and getting absolutely nothing for it!

Old Posted Aug 16, 2017, 12:33 PM
Heart of the Continent

Isn't line 3 replacement and expansion now started under Trudeau's watch?

Trans Canada says there may no longer be a case for keystone XL, so, it's not that simple anymore.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2017, 12:52 PM
I used to be THAT guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lio45 View Post
I don't think the fentanyl crisis had the same proportions during Harper's decade, at all. If you have data that shows otherwise, please let me know.

(just sayin' - don't read more than what's written.)
I also found it odd that jmt would link legalizing pot to the fentanyl/opioid crisis. Seems to me they are virtually unrelated.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2017, 1:05 PM

Cant wait until this guy is out of office. His policies are extremely destructive long term to Canada and he shows so little professionalism. Having said that Harper was not exactly in it for Canadians either. I just wished Canadians had more respect for their country. If they did then maybe we would get some proper leaders in to power that actually care about Canadians and want to do whats best for them.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2017, 1:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
I also found it odd that jmt would link legalizing pot to the fentanyl/opioid crisis. Seems to me they are virtually unrelated.
Not directly related but 'a good start' is probably a good way to put it. A more liberal attitude to drug use and less police resources tied up policing a less harmful drug could both help the opioid crisis.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2017, 1:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmt18325 View Post
Isn't line 3 replacement and expansion now started under Trudeau's watch?

Trans Canada says there may no longer be a case for keystone XL, so, it's not that simple anymore.
It has. I'm referring to Northern Gateway, Trans Mountain Expansion, and Energy East.

Keystone XL's future is in the hand of Nebraska's Public Service Commission. TransCanada is looking for an additional 225,000 bbl/day of commitments from shippers, which they are confident will be "fully subscribed". Even more so if the US puts sanctions on Venezuela heavy oil.

Nonetheless all are great opportunities to generate tax revenue to be put towards:
- opioids crisis
- green energy development
- building affordable housing
- infrastructure development
- green energy high speed rail mass transit that would eliminate hundreds of thousands of vehicles on the road every year
- relieving poverty
- rebuilding towns that have recently been devasted by BC forest fires

The list is almost endless for the potential of what the billions of dollars of tax revenue could be allocated. Again, it makes absolutely zero sense to blockade these massive tax revenue generators and get absolutely nothing in return.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2017, 3:17 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Estimated social cost of climate change not accurate, Stanford scientists say

Quote:
The "social cost" of carbon dioxide emissions may not be $37 per ton, as estimated by a recent U.S. government study, but $220 per ton.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2017, 4:20 PM

Great, another cause that the tax revenue generated could be put towards... you either have other countries producing the oil and not spending any revenue they generate on fighting climate change, or you can have instead Canada produce that oil and spend the revenue it generates towards fighting climate.

1 option that produces oil at substandard environmental regulations and not spend any money generated on climate change

1 option that produces the same amount of oil with the most stringent environmental regulations, and spend the money it generates on climate change.

Which option is better for the climate?

Old Posted Aug 16, 2017, 4:54 PM
The Vomit Bag.

The third option, naturally. Reducing the carbon intensity of our economic activites, be they domestic or foreign.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada