HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Jun 25, 2019, 5:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allovertown View Post
They may not like it if a tower replaced that bizzare mansion but the mansion isn't historically protected so this review process that sunk the tower at this location would be irrelevant no? Or does it still have to go through this review process simply by being located in society hill?
Depends if the district is designated historic, which I imagine it is. For example, the 262 South 16th condo needed approval from the Historical Commission even though the demolished building it is replacing wasn't historic because it sits within a historic district. I'd imagine there would be somewhat more leeway for a replacement building, though, and Standard 9 doesn't apply in the same way it would for an overbuild incorporating a designated building like the Nelson Building.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2019, 5:16 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by allovertown View Post
They may not like it if a tower replaced that bizzare mansion but the mansion isn't historically protected so this review process that sunk the tower at this location would be irrelevant no? Or does it still have to go through this review process simply by being located in society hill?
Society Hill is a historic district. So, I imagine a tower replacing the mansion would still have to be reviewed by the historical committee.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2019, 10:21 PM
Exhausted Drexel Student

I'm glad that the building got rejected in its current form, but GOD I hate some residents of Society Hill. I cannot wait for One Dock St. to go up.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2019, 1:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
I'm glad that the building got rejected in its current form, but GOD I hate some residents of Society Hill. I cannot wait for One Dock St. to go up.
They drive me crazy, too. But it happens everywhere.

I remember when there was a hotel/condo proposal out there right across from he Bridge on Race and the whole building was livid about it. "But what about our southern view?" They already had a lawyer. This huge building which required a variance right in the middle of Old City and they would not have it at ALL if another building went up.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals