HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Jan 21, 2018, 1:55 PM

Well, it looks like the moderator did eliminate the Provo Thread, in favor of a Utah Valley Thread. I was very much in favor of that, and would describe it as a no brainer. I'll begin to move some of the more recent or important developments in Provo over to the Utah Valley Thread. Would also like to make a minor change with the Thread title to include Provo's name.

Many forum members are giving some simple and very valid opinions:

If we just go with the thought of what can be done without ruffling too many feathers, at least for now, what should be next? Let's keep with the current status of Salt Lake City Proper remaining a separate Thread. Then simply, should we also decide that Sugar House and the U. of U. be combined into the SLC Thread? Can we all, or at least most of us agree on that? Or would Sugar House and the U. of U. projects get lost within the SLC Thread? Giving Salt Lake City Proper more ump would be the next step for now if taken, then let the whole matter rest for a while until it's brought up again, say next year?

As a suggestion of a minor step, I think that at the very least we can combine the U. of U. into SLC. The massive buildup that has been occurring at the University is beginning to taper off for now. While there will be major upcoming projects, I don't think that keeping it apart from it's Capital City is necessary any more. After all, the Univ. is very much an integrated part of Salt Lake, and Salt Lake City deserves to have it's thread pumped up by the addition of it's dynamic University.

If any of you are worried about not having the projects of the Univ. of Utah and or Sugar House close at hand on the current ongoing SLC Thread, I will be more than happy to blend by date into the SLC Thread the past and present projects that populate the U. of U. and Sugar House Threads.

Last edited by delts145; Jan 21, 2018 at 2:21 PM.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2018, 3:23 PM

^
I see no problem with bringing Sugar house and the UofU into this thread.

Old Posted Yesterday, 12:08 AM
They all float down here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC14 View Post
^
I see no problem with bringing Sugar house and the UofU into this thread.
Me either. Seems needless to have two separate threads to development projects within the actual city. Plus, it might help diversify this thread a bit since it's clearly stagnated.

I just don't want WVC or Sandy projects in here. No offense.

Old Posted Yesterday, 12:30 AM

Ok. So, keep the SLC MSA thread and the SLC thread separate. Makes sense to me.

Old Posted Yesterday, 8:28 AM

Combining Sugarhouse and U of U into this thread and Provo into Utah Valley is a good first step. I'm ok with leaving the rest alone until re-evaluation at a later time. It's a start. I hate being uncertain of whether to put certain things into the Sugarhouse or SLC thread, and Sugarhouse is one of the most active areas of the city right now development-wise.

Old Posted Yesterday, 6:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob rulz View Post
Combining Sugarhouse and U of U into this thread and Provo into Utah Valley is a good first step. I'm ok with leaving the rest alone until re-evaluation at a later time. It's a start. I hate being uncertain of whether to put certain things into the Sugarhouse or SLC thread, and Sugarhouse is one of the most active areas of the city right now development-wise.
Agreed.
Speaking of Sugarhouse, there is a tower crane up at the Shopko site. Not sure if that had been reported.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West