HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure

Old Posted Jun 25, 2008, 1:22 AM

SkyTrain Services

Hey all,

I'm quietly working on a little project designed to detail all the SkyTrain stations and the services available at each and every one. Right now, here's the list of variables:
  • Address
  • Bike parking
  • Car parking
  • Pay phones
  • ATM
  • Washrooms
  • Shops
  • Connections

Now, I'll probably end up just going to each station one weekend and putting together this database of info, but I was wondering if you guys could help me.

Info like bike parking, shops, ATMs, and washrooms aren't readily available of TransLink's website. Also, I know a lot of coffee shops have been built recently at stations.

I'm basically seeking info about the services on or very near to TransLink property. For example, the bathrooms at the Hyatt or Fairmont wouldn't count for Burrard Station, while the CoV auto toilets at Main would fit the bill.

Anyone willing to add their knowledge?

Old Posted Jun 25, 2008, 1:37 AM
Ferris Wheel Hater

I can do 29th Ave for you,

Expo/Millenium line, Centre platform, payphones and atm machine, no escalators, one elevator, entry on east and west side, 3 ticket machines and 2 ticket validators, all machines on West side entrance only, At-grade Station, no shops, bike racks, no bike lockers, Connected to Slocan park.connections to 16 Hastings (xx)Elliot, (29)Joyce Station, (xx)PNE Express (during PNE/concerts), (33) UBC***(starting Sept).

Let me know if you need anything else.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2008, 1:41 AM

Wikipedia could be helpful - and it would be really awesome if you put the information you gathered on there once you're done

Last edited by quobobo; Jun 25, 2008 at 2:51 AM.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2008, 2:32 AM

lougheed town centre

- bike storage
- soon to be cafe
- soon to be shop

brentwood town centre

- bike storage
- soon to be shop

Old Posted Jun 25, 2008, 6:49 AM

production way:

millenium line
center platform
bike rack
bike lockers
macks/subway/seattles best... sushi
payphone
atm
no car parking
washrooms (at subway)
bus routes: 110, 136, 145

Lake City
millenium line
side platforms
no washrooms
car parking
no shops
pay phone
busses: 136

sperling:
millenium line
side platforms
no washrooms
no parking
bike lockers
bike rack
no shops
busses: 110, 134, 144.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2008, 6:58 AM
HA

One of the biggest gripes I have with the Skytrain system is the lack of washrooms. I remember once I wanted to go to washroom and I was at Stadium station and even that station doesn't have washrooms!! And it's one of the busiest stations!! Do you think Translink would be able to install them in the existing E/M-Line stations in the future? Good thing C-Line stations will have them. It's a no-brainer.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2008, 7:34 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Henry_Man View Post
One of the biggest gripes I have with the Skytrain system is the lack of washrooms. I remember once I wanted to go to washroom and I was at Stadium station and even that station doesn't have washrooms!! And it's one of the busiest stations!! Do you think Translink would be able to install them in the existing E/M-Line stations in the future? Good thing C-Line stations will have them. It's a no-brainer.
Well, considering the hobo problem in Vancouver, having them isn't the best idea. That, and imagine how dirty they'll get knowing the way we treat our public facilities.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2008, 7:37 AM

I want to agree about the washrooms, but I'm having second thoughts - given the disregard people here have for the insides of the cars, washrooms at transit stations/hubs would probably be worse than the grungiest bar bathrooms you can imagine. Take my cue and develop a complex mental network of stores with bathrooms near frequently-visited stations.

Edit: yeah, what bugsy said.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2008, 10:30 AM
BANNED

well they could have pay bathrooms with turnstiles like they do at many train stations here in germany

Old Posted Jun 25, 2008, 5:11 PM
BANNED

or washrooms like the one at main and terminal... after you insert your ticket....

Old Posted Jun 25, 2008, 8:53 PM
HA

And also impose massive fines (I'm talking about $300-500; those who cannot pay for it risk getting arrested and put into community service) for the ones who vandalize or make the washrooms dirty.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure