HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Feb 25, 2011, 10:48 PM
Regina SK

I like the idea of posting comparing photos rather than just saskatoons downtown, as an example. Here are positives and negatives that I have found from living in both. They could be outdated because of that. I actually love the amount of buskers in Saskatoon. I never quite saw them to this extent in Regina. At the same time, some are downright annoying bd in your face, and you can hear their singing from inside buildings. But, I do think they add an interesting aspect to the streetscape. Regina, have to love the pedestrian mall that is scarth street. I personally hate all the shops but love the idea of walking down the middle to admire the architecture, whereas if it was a real street you may become flattened. Both cities have a downtown park, but from some offices in saskatoon with their distance to the river, is equal to reginas distance to wascana. So in a sense Regina has a 1 up on the park side. I prefer reginas downtown architecture and density as well. Both cities need to make drastic changes to parking, and eliminating surface lots. That's for certain. What else...I like reginas downtown library better as well, especially when the new one comes along. Saskatoon owns Regina as far as non business foot traffic in the day, buy Regina has a better bike system downtown, that's if you are counting transition as part of it. Downtown Regina could use more nightlife, like a theatre or more bars/pubs. Saskatoon has that one, butbi could see that all changing as soon as something happens with that enormous amount of land next to downtown gets used up. Ok, too much typing from an iPod...

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan