HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Sep 22, 2017, 11:58 AM

^^How do you know that won't happen, insider information? (Lawyer talk, don't worry;>)

As for the western investor article, they're still using an old render...look carefully at the balcony configurations. They should've extended this design to 20 stories instead. The balconies are separated for most suites, which would've negated so many possible disputes.

Separating balconies is the best way to design a condo tower. Plastic or glass partitions, well, maybe they are fine. Cost savings are obvious. But my point is it's nice to have a little separation. What if you like to bbq and your neighbour's a vegan? No harm done, but if the 2 designs/buildings stood side by side, I know which one I'd pick. Cheers!

Last edited by Ricopedra; Sep 24, 2017 at 11:16 AM. Reason: tone

Old Posted Sep 22, 2017, 2:36 PM

I'm sure Vancouver is sea foam green with envy

Old Posted Sep 24, 2017, 11:25 AM

True! This tower is better looking than most anything concorde pacific built along the seawall for 15 years, along the old expo site. The renders look great for RL1 with the darker glass. Then again, we haven't seen any yet. Just wait awhile. (See what I did there?)

Old Posted Sep 26, 2017, 12:20 AM

Sept. 25 2017 pics

^^^^ They poured the condo third floor on Saturday and today (Monday), the third floor columns are well underway.

^^^^ Work continues on the second floor of the hotel. On the northeast corner of the hotel (leftmost in the pic) can be seen a hefty second floor column with no first floor column underneath. There is still a ton of room in the hole for more backfill (it is very wide at the top). More office tower shoring equipment on site, but nothing in the ground yet.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2017, 9:23 AM

^^Wow, that's progress, full steam ahead! Thanks for the awesome updates! Q: Is the ground floor elevation higher than street level? I didn't quite notice that detail before.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2017, 4:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricopedra View Post
Q: Is the ground floor elevation higher than street level? I didn't quite notice that detail before.
Yes. It is definitely higher (unlike in some renderings). Its difficult to tell exactly how much when up close, though, because there is a large trench between the foundation and the curb (there has never been a sidewalk along that part of the street).

I am curious to see how it is all handled in the final landscaping. I hope it somehow resembles the renderings and there is room for a restaurant patio on a wide sidewalk in front of the condo where the sun and view will be best.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2017, 5:36 PM

The elevation does seem a bit "weird" right now, but hopefully this has all been taken into account and it will be a great 'street level' amenity! It is fun watching how quickly now the building seems to be rising!

Can wait for the next "dig" next to it to begin...

Old Posted Sep 26, 2017, 7:50 PM

Looking back at the photo-uploads (Thanks alt_center/damn fine work, much appreciated... and Echoes, too...and to SaskE30 from the beginning) Anyway it seems like they're getting into the groove to pour a floor a week, at least until their bones begin to chill.

And the big grey crane may not be attached to the building as it seems quite far out. It's packing a lot of weight at the base. Anyone know if they intend to keep it free-standing all the way up? I don't think I've ever seen that before, either, if in fact, for a 20-story building. Anyway, all the best to you guys in the Paris of the Prairies. I'll be gone for a while. :>< Cheers!

Last edited by Ricopedra; Sep 26, 2017 at 8:12 PM. Reason: groove

Old Posted Sep 27, 2017, 12:04 AM

I have a family member runing the grey crane, they will be tying the crane back to the building when they jack it next, also the crane has another 160 ft to go up.. on a side note, 4 th floor pour is on Friday and 5th floor pour is next Friday. Some inside information pagnotta ran out of its own cranes due to being very busy in Alberta so the red crane they have rented...I don't know if you guys wanna know this stuff but thought I'd give ya some information to make this forum a lil more interesting maybe.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2017, 1:31 AM

We absolutely like insider information!! Let is know if you hear anymore.

Thanks Kiwi!

Old Posted Sep 27, 2017, 5:21 PM

Agree...keep the info coming Kiwi4life!

Any insider information on potential start/dig for office tower?

Old Posted Sep 28, 2017, 2:11 AM

^^^^ View of southeast corner. Sept. 27/17

Old Posted Sep 28, 2017, 6:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alt_center View Post

^^^^ View of southeast corner. Sept. 27/17
Thank you so much for these frequent pictures. I go to school out east and these are greatly appreciated.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2017, 1:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairieguy View Post
Agree...keep the info coming Kiwi4life!

Any insider information on potential start/dig for office tower?
Have no information yet set in stone.. all I know is pagnotta is like very close to having that job and they have a grey crane sitting in their yard ready for that one. I can see sometime next year... that's all I know for now, again just speculation and rumour

Old Posted Sep 29, 2017, 2:38 PM

Hmmm....was really expecting the excavation to begin this fall on the office portion of the development based on past reports. Oh well....keep us posted, Kiwi4life!

Old Posted Sep 29, 2017, 3:24 PM

Quote:
Hmmm....was really expecting the excavation to begin this fall on the office portion of the development based on past reports. Oh well....keep us posted, Kiwi4life!
it sure looks like itll go this fall. ive been walking home from work by RL and the east tower site looks busy. i can see digging happening this year.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2017, 3:59 PM

Yeah, Triovest sounded quite confident in recent media reports that digging would begin this year, saying necessary permits were already in place. I think it was to begin in August but the delay backfilling around the hotel/condo has pushed that back.

I can't imagine there being a further delay? Triovest has been quite bullish about getting the office tower going.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2017, 5:08 PM

Quote:
How I interpreted Kiwi4life!'s post is that should Pagnotta get the contract for the East Tower concrete structure, they will be starting next spring. This would mean that shoring and excavation of the parkade would have to start in the very near future.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2017, 5:10 PM

Probably 2 different contracts again, one for parkade and one for office tower which Kiwi eluded to about Pagnotta crane.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2017, 5:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bess View Post
Probably 2 different contracts again, one for parkade and one for office tower which Kiwi eluded to about Pagnotta crane.
Even with two different contracts for the tower and the parkade structure, the first concrete pour for the parkade structure is months away. The shoring and excavation contractors have a lot of work to complete first.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan