HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton

Old Posted Dec 9, 2013, 12:00 PM

I fully agree with more value offered. I think many (a few) believe that re-sale of vegetables makes them worthy of being in the market. Years ago this would not have happened. Also, I think another part of the equation that could also play a factor in the drop of shoppers (at certain time of the year), is the rise of the other local (not city run) markets that pop up...Ancaster, Westdale, Locke Street, Ottawa Street?) I think those areas and more (maybe Dundas?) are seeing local efforts rise and people are shopping at those to support those locals (and yes....may even pay for parking to do so (Locke Street) etc. Just a thought...I could we way off base, but certainly the numbers I have seen at the Ancaster market would signify that people still enjoy this type of experience. Ancaster regularly has live bands perform while you are strolling the market.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2013, 2:32 PM

Old Posted Dec 17, 2013, 3:40 PM

Will wine sales at farmer's market help?

http://news.ontario.ca/omafra/en/201...rio-wines.html

Old Posted Jan 30, 2014, 1:50 PM

Free parking at Hamilton Farmers Market
The Hamilton Spectator
By: Daniel Nolan

Council has approved a pilot project in which customers to the Hamilton Farmers Market can park free for one hour.

A portion of the York Street Parkade will be designated for short-term parking. Patrons will have to get validation from a stallholder.

Cost will be funded by stallholder fees. The project will run February to June and city staff will then review results.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2014, 2:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasmascotto View Post
Free parking at Hamilton Farmers Market
The Hamilton Spectator
By: Daniel Nolan

Council has approved a pilot project in which customers to the Hamilton Farmers Market can park free for one hour.

A portion of the York Street Parkade will be designated for short-term parking. Patrons will have to get validation from a stallholder.

Cost will be funded by stallholder fees. The project will run February to June and city staff will then review results.
^ This will have little effect.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2014, 4:19 PM

Yep, we are about to find out that the stall holders' screams of parking killing the market are all wrong

Old Posted Jan 30, 2014, 5:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coalminecanary View Post
Yep, we are about to find out that the stall holders' screams of parking killing the market are all wrong
So true.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2017, 11:48 PM
It's Hammer Time

$750K for Hamilton Farmers’ Market naming rights

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/71...naming-rights/

Another credit union is stamping its brand on landmark city-owned property in the downtown.

Meridian Credit Union has reached a multi-year $750,000 naming and sponsorship agreement with the Hamilton Farmers' Market and the city's revenue generation group.

The agreement, which still requires council approval, will see Meridian pay the city and the not-for-profit corporation that operates the market $150,000 annually for five years.

The Farmers' Market Corporation will receive $125,000 of the annual payment to help pare down city subsidies and pay for upgrades while the remaining $25,000 will go toward reducing the tax levy.

The terms of the agreement include an additional five-year renewal option.

The deal follows in the footsteps of city sponsorship agreements with FirstOntario Credit Union, which recently paid $2.5 million over 10 years for the naming rights to Hamilton Place and previously bought the naming rights to the former Copps Coliseum for $3.5 million.

The Meridian agreement goes before the committee of the whole for approval March 22.

According to a staff report, the sponsorship, which starts April 1, will be expressed in various ways, including references to "The Hamilton Farmers' Market Proudly Supported by Meridian."

Old Posted May 19, 2017, 11:21 PM
It's Hammer Time

Central library windows

Total cost: $1,200,000

Federal contribution: $400,000

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/73...da-150-grants/

Old Posted Feb 17, 2019, 9:25 PM
It's Hammer Time

Been getting a lot of these Farmers' Market ads on youtube lately

Video Link

Old Posted Feb 18, 2019, 7:50 AM
Hamilton Historian

I wasn't aware the farmers market was open so late.. whenever I've gone there I get heckled by italian ladies that tell me I'm too skinny and need to eat more lol.. oh if only they knew..

Old Posted Oct 19, 2022, 5:30 PM
It's Hammer Time

Hamilton Farmers’ Market Visioning Exercise

We want to hear from you! Take part in our survey about the future of the Hamilton Farmers’ Market (HFM) and tell us what works at the market and what things can be done to support its successful operation for decades to come.

Survey: https://engage.hamilton.ca/hamilton-...mpaign=website

Old Posted Apr 22, 2023, 8:15 PM

Still making best use of a prime public asset on a busy Saturday afternoon Have we simply given up at this point?

E32D9FE9-DFFC-49C0-A72E-785645C5AEA4_1_105_c by Jason Morse, on Flickr

Old Posted Apr 23, 2023, 12:06 AM

I hate that they built this in a basement.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2023, 11:58 AM

Also - can someone tell them to fix the neon lighting that they have in the front windows - when they first renovated the windows looked really cool as you drove by with all those different vibrant colours

Old Posted Apr 28, 2023, 6:31 PM

Wasn't there a meeting or something to get public input on how to improve the market?

Old Posted May 11, 2023, 1:23 AM

Some writer or investigative journalist has got to write an article or produce a mini-doc on how the design of the Farmers Market went in just 12 years from winning prestigious Design Excellence Awards to being called a dysfunctional disservice to the market's operations that needs a rethink. Fascinating fall from grace after such a celebratory launch not that long ago. Shame the Spec didn't interview Premi for their piece, so hopefully someone out there can see that as an opportunity to dig deeper in a more comprehensive piece.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton