HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Yesterday, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Genral View Post
With a current value of around $9 million, why would anyone want to pay over $22 million? Something doesn't smell right. It just feels like a ploy to remove Precourt from the equation by stalling long enough to cause Precourt to pull out due to time constraints he put on the CoA to make a commitment. Then there's no pressure on the developer making such a grossly over the value offer to follow through without major negotiations to lower the bid, then take years to follow through with any development. That is if they don't just clean up the property, and put it up for sale. Then what happens if there is a downturn in the economy and construction loans take even longer. This parcel could remain undeveloped for years. Then on the other hand, there is a sure bet on the table by Precourt who I would say is willing to sweeten the deal to make this happen, if the Council is willing to see the benefits and compromise. He has put considerable energy into this, and I would say even if he has to stay in Columbus for the time being, he won't be that welcomed, another incentive to cave in on some infrastructure arrangements with the city. But it all comes back to this...why would anyone with any business savvy pay more than twice the value for a piece of land? Could that be a decoy bid? I doubt its binding.
The TCAD assessed value is $9 million. That is based on current uses and conditions. The appraised value is $29.5 million. It is based on the Fair Market Value of the development potential.

Old Posted Yesterday, 2:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abigdeal View Post
I'm feeling pretty decent about those seven, but I'd be surprised if Troxy votes yes, unless she just decides to hop on board with the winning team.

I'll be there 6/28. Will buy you fools a beer if the side of goodness and light wins.
Ditto on all counts. Ora Houston might surprise some too - she's on record as being a big soccer fan and has been watching World Cup apparently.

Leslie Pool is quite simply an obstructionist. For all her opposition to developments, The Grove for ex, here she is trying to open things up for RFP. Listen to your district Council Member, the vast majority wants soccer.

Old Posted Yesterday, 3:39 PM

Just emailed all the CC about supporting the stadium at McKalla Place. I attached this link for them as well.

https://www.statesman.com/sports/soc...EBjazdtHpFlgJ/

Old Posted Yesterday, 4:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonytoony View Post
Ditto on all counts. Ora Houston might surprise some too - she's on record as being a big soccer fan and has been watching World Cup apparently.

Leslie Pool is quite simply an obstructionist. For all her opposition to developments, The Grove for ex, here she is trying to open things up for RFP. Listen to your district Council Member, the vast majority wants soccer.
Except what Ora Houston and several Travis County Commissioners really want is AS&E's megacomplex at Travis County Expo Center. She is unlikely to be aware of the low likelihood of MLS approval of such a site for an expansion team. She may like soccer but I would be very surprised if she was aware of the league's expansion preferences or the differences between MLS (Division I) vs USL (Division II).

PSV via relocation is Austin's best shot at MLS. Anything involving USL at COTA or unknown investors at the Expo Center would basically be a prayer.

Even if we get another chance (very big if), MLS will never approve of a stadium at either location, so ultimately we'd be back in the same position of arguing about a piece of central Austin property several years down the road, when there is likely to be less land available.

Old Posted Yesterday, 9:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonytoony View Post

One could write a novel about the hypocrisy of Pool and Alter when it comes to this property and this issue.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin