HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #5801  
Old Posted May 29, 2012, 9:24 PM
H4vok's Avatar
H4vok H4vok is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 329
A new license popped up on SLCgov.com: 'The Art of Shaving'.

www.theartofshaving.com

The unit number shows up as invalid...not sure what that means.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5802  
Old Posted May 29, 2012, 11:13 PM
TinMan4L TinMan4L is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 60
weird. site says coming soon tho.

what address did you use
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5803  
Old Posted May 30, 2012, 1:15 AM
H4vok's Avatar
H4vok H4vok is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinMan4L View Post
weird. site says coming soon tho.

what address did you use
50 S. Main. I noticed there is a location already in Fashion Place...didn't even know
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5804  
Old Posted Jun 1, 2012, 7:52 PM
tivogirl tivogirl is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 23
Trib has it now...

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/money/5...store.html.csp

Apple Store leaving The Gateway for City Creek

Apple Store » Popular electronics store breaks lease with The Gateway to move to new outdoor mall on Main Street.
By Vince Horiuchi | The Salt Lake Tribune

One of the The Gateway’s busiest retailers, the Apple Store, will be moving to the City Creek Center at the end of the year in what is sure to be a major blow to the Salt Lake City mall.

Jake Boyer, president and chief executive of The Boyer Company, which owns and manages the area of The Gateway where the Apple Store is located, confirmed Friday that the popular electronics retailer is breaking its lease to move to City Creek.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5805  
Old Posted Jun 2, 2012, 1:28 AM
Merewether's Avatar
Merewether Merewether is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: 8410*
Posts: 174
Ice cream

Farr's in base of Kirton McConkie building now open.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5806  
Old Posted Jun 6, 2012, 2:45 PM
DCRes's Avatar
DCRes DCRes is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 601
I was at the Apple Store and someone they are openly talking about the fact that they are moving to City Creek. The guys i talked to (and not just a normal floor sales employee) said that they are moving in to the spot on the Nordstrom block right next to Sephora. He said it will be bigger and "really nice".

I am at the Apple Store at least twice a month and i have definately noticed it being less busy since CCC opened. Maybe it's just the time of the day that i'm there but they Gateway seems dead everytime i go. The parking garage is much more empty than it used to be.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5807  
Old Posted Jun 6, 2012, 4:17 PM
Clark0501 Clark0501 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 50
Any new stores or permits that we know about?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5808  
Old Posted Jun 6, 2012, 5:33 PM
UTAZLoVer's Avatar
UTAZLoVer UTAZLoVer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Utah!
Posts: 425
My manager at Cheesecake Factory told us during a staff meeting that, among stores we already know of, a MAC Cosmetics will be opening “in about four weeks.“ He didn't mention where and I didn't ask.
__________________
If people were all meant to pop out of bed, we'd all sleep in toasters.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5809  
Old Posted Jun 7, 2012, 3:19 PM
Future Mayor's Avatar
Future Mayor Future Mayor is offline
Vote for me in 2019!
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 4,803
Good News on Condos

Since my last update there has been some serious movement on "Reserved" condos. Last update was 5/15/12

Promontory:
67 Reserved, up from 62; 36%

Regent:
69 Reserved, up from 64; 69%

Richards Court:
29 Reserved, no change; 29%

Total:
165 Reserved, up from 155; 39% up from 36%

1.5 units per week since 2/1.

Added
60 weeks to 60% occupancy
118 weeks to 80% occupancy

Last edited by Future Mayor; Jun 7, 2012 at 7:31 PM. Reason: Added weeks to occupancy
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5810  
Old Posted Jun 7, 2012, 3:49 PM
StevenF's Avatar
StevenF StevenF is offline
The Drifter
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: American Fork, UT
Posts: 1,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Mayor View Post
Since my last update there has been some serious movement on "Reserved" condos. Last update was 5/15/12

Promontory:
67 Reserved, up from 62; 36%

Regent:
69 Reserved, up from 64; 69%

Richards Court:
29 Reserved, no change; 29%

Total:
165 Reserved, up from 155; 39% up from 36%

1.5 units per week since 2/1.

If the units start going that fast of 10+ a month they will need to start construction of Tower 2 in a year.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5811  
Old Posted Jun 7, 2012, 7:12 PM
Orlando's Avatar
Orlando Orlando is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenF View Post
If the units start going that fast of 10+ a month they will need to start construction of Tower 2 in a year.
How do you estimate that??
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5812  
Old Posted Jun 7, 2012, 7:18 PM
Orlando's Avatar
Orlando Orlando is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Mayor View Post
Since my last update there has been some serious movement on "Reserved" condos. Last update was 5/15/12

Promontory:
67 Reserved, up from 62; 36%

Regent:
69 Reserved, up from 64; 69%

Richards Court:
29 Reserved, no change; 29%

Total:
165 Reserved, up from 155; 39% up from 36%

1.5 units per week since 2/1.
I think it's interesting that the more modern style building, The Regent, is filling up faster. Are the lease rates cheaper than Richards Court and The Promontory? My take on it is that the younger hipsters are more likely to buy in to an urban setting, and therefore a more modern style building. I think Richards Court and The Promontory was targeting the older, and more traditional crowd, which is kind of problematic in Utah. The older and more traditional crowd aren't use to an urban dwelling in Utah. Portland's Pearl District and the South Waterfront have older and younger, but I think the mentality with them is not as traditionally minded (single family home way out in the suburbs). Anyways, I think this gives more incentive to begin building the more modern condo building, Tower 2, within the next few years.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5813  
Old Posted Jun 7, 2012, 7:20 PM
Future Mayor's Avatar
Future Mayor Future Mayor is offline
Vote for me in 2019!
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 4,803
That is why on my update prior to this one I estimated it on weeks.

Tell you what I will add a calculation that includes weeks to 60% and 80% occupancy. I would estimate that they would start constrution on Cascade somewhere around 80% occupancy on the existing ones.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5814  
Old Posted Jun 7, 2012, 7:23 PM
Stenar's Avatar
Stenar Stenar is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
I think it's interesting that the more modern style building, The Regent, is filling up faster. Are the lease rates cheaper than Richards Court and The Promontory? My take on it is that the younger hipsters are more likely to buy in to an urban setting, and therefore a more modern style building. I think Richards Court and The Promontory was targeting the older, and more traditional crowd, which is kind of problematic in Utah. The older and more traditional crowd aren't use to an urban dwelling in Utah. Portland's Pearl District and the South Waterfront have older and younger, but I think the mentality with them is not as traditionally minded (single family home way out in the suburbs). Anyways, I think this gives more incentive to begin building the more modern condo building, Tower 2, within the next few years.

I know of a few seniors living in the more "hip" Regent building.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5815  
Old Posted Jun 7, 2012, 7:34 PM
Future Mayor's Avatar
Future Mayor Future Mayor is offline
Vote for me in 2019!
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 4,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
I think it's interesting that the more modern style building, The Regent, is filling up faster. Are the lease rates cheaper than Richards Court and The Promontory? My take on it is that the younger hipsters are more likely to buy in to an urban setting, and therefore a more modern style building. I think Richards Court and The Promontory was targeting the older, and more traditional crowd, which is kind of problematic in Utah. The older and more traditional crowd aren't use to an urban dwelling in Utah. Portland's Pearl District and the South Waterfront have older and younger, but I think the mentality with them is not as traditionally minded (single family home way out in the suburbs). Anyways, I think this gives more incentive to begin building the more modern condo building, Tower 2, within the next few years.
Please don't lump all young professionals moving to urban cores, SLC being one of them, into the Hipster category. I actually would have to disagree greatly on the fact that "Hipsters" are moving into places like The Regent, maybe places like the apartments at Gateway, the "Metro" buildings and places like Palladio and other for rent places, but I don't really see them purchasing a high priced condo. Hipsters are moving into urban cores, but not into the high end condos. IMO
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5816  
Old Posted Jun 7, 2012, 7:39 PM
Future Mayor's Avatar
Future Mayor Future Mayor is offline
Vote for me in 2019!
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 4,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenF View Post
If the units start going that fast of 10+ a month they will need to start construction of Tower 2 in a year.
I hope the weekly average continues to climb. You will notice that I added the weeks to occupancy on my list. If we estimate construction to begin on Cascade at 80% occupancy we're still out a little over two years.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5817  
Old Posted Jun 7, 2012, 9:45 PM
scottharding scottharding is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 1,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Mayor View Post
Please don't lump all young professionals moving to urban cores, SLC being one of them, into the Hipster category. I actually would have to disagree greatly on the fact that "Hipsters" are moving into places like The Regent, maybe places like the apartments at Gateway, the "Metro" buildings and places like Palladio and other for rent places, but I don't really see them purchasing a high priced condo. Hipsters are moving into urban cores, but not into the high end condos. IMO
Most the Hipsters I know live in dive apartments or their parents basements. Ironically, of course, I'm sure.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5818  
Old Posted Jun 7, 2012, 9:57 PM
SLC Projects's Avatar
SLC Projects SLC Projects is offline
Bring out the cranes...
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 6,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Mayor View Post
I hope the weekly average continues to climb. You will notice that I added the weeks to occupancy on my list. If we estimate construction to begin on Cascade at 80% occupancy we're still out a little over two years.

They really should start construction the Cascade at around 60%-70% since it will take about 18 to 24 mouths to build the tower that by then the occupancy rates could reach 90%-100%.
__________________
1. "Wells Fargo Building" 24-stories 422 FT 1998
2. "LDS Church Office Building" 28-stories 420 FT 1973
3. "111 South Main" 24-stories 387 FT 2016
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5819  
Old Posted Jun 8, 2012, 12:13 AM
Orlando's Avatar
Orlando Orlando is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,760
wow. I didn't know people would take the term, "hipster" so differently. I was just trying to differentiate the type of buyer that I was speculating would more often than not buy a condo at the Regent rather than the Promontory or Richard's Court. I was speculating that most of the people buying condos at the Regent were younger than the ones at the Promontory. I was also speculating that the more modern style is more popular in general, and that younger buyers are more wanting to buy some cool condo downtown. I could be wrong about that, but I am guessing that it has some factor of influence. The cost of the condos at the Regent are less expensive than the Promontory, too, right? If so, that could be a big reason why more units have been sold at the Regent.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5820  
Old Posted Jun 8, 2012, 3:04 PM
scottharding scottharding is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 1,530
I do think you're right about that Orlando. The Regent is both less expensive, and to me, more attractive. My lady and I went checked out both the Promontory and the Regent, and we were much more fascinated by the Regent, and I think that had a lot to do with our age and view of downtown living.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:08 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.