HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast

Old Posted Jul 15, 2016, 2:52 PM

Early Concept Art for Expansion of Fayetteville Public Library

http://www.fayettevilleflyer.com/201...ublic-library/

Old Posted Jul 15, 2016, 3:06 PM

Fayetteville gets to mull proposals for the surface parking lot at the Walton Arts center. This is a proposal for a portion of it. Notice the tunnel for the bike trail.

http://www.fayettevilleflyer.com/201...e-parking-lot/

Old Posted Jul 15, 2016, 3:08 PM

New Hunt Tower wrapping up

Old Posted Jul 15, 2016, 3:42 PM

The Northwest Arkansas economy’s growth rate will rank No. 5 nationally through 2021, researchers with IHS Global Insight predict.

The same economic analysis, which was prepared for the U.S. Conference of Mayors, predicts Northwest Arkansas will rank No. 8 in the U.S. in its job growth rate in 2017.

The IHS report continues a series of positive economic and quality of life reports about Northwest Arkansas and how it stacks up against the nation’s other metropolitan areas. In recent months, Forbes put the Fayetteville-Springdale-Rogers Metropolitan Statistical Area (Northwest Arkansas) at No. 2 on its list of Best Midsize Cities for Jobs and the region was No. 3 on a U.S. News and World Report ranking of Best Places to Live.

Only four U.S. regions — two in Utah and two in Florida — are expected to see their economies grow at a faster rate than Northwest Arkansas through 2021. The 3.9 percent annual growth rate predicted for Northwest Arkansas will push the region’s economy past $30 billion.

Impressive job growth will be part of the strong economic performance. The report shows jobs increased in Northwest Arkansas by 5 percent in 2015. The region’s job growth wasn’t expected to rank in the nation’s Top 10 this year, but it will be ranked again in 2017, coming in at No. 8, the analysis shows.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2016, 3:45 AM
Ex Houstonian

Seems to be a lot of cool little stuff going up in Fayetteville, glad to see it.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2016, 2:28 PM

Crystal Bridgeshas the Frank Lloyd Wright house up and going.

http://crystalbridges.org/frank-lloyd-wright/

Old Posted Jul 19, 2016, 12:10 PM

I would really enjoy a trip to Fayetteville sometime. Never realized the growth it was having (has since grown by 12% since 2010!).

Old Posted Jul 19, 2016, 2:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCapstone View Post
I would really enjoy a trip to Fayetteville sometime. Never realized the growth it was having (has since grown by 12% since 2010!).
I believe two things keep the area from just completely exploding. The lack of a finished I-49 to Texarkana and a viable east west corridor. Someone from Alabama may appreciate this vision. Take the new I-22 terminating in North MS. Just shy of Memphis City Limits. Sallownthe costs and ikprove Lamar to interstate standard to I-240, build a new bridge just North of Memphis connecting Millington's future I-69 and I-269 connection to the I-55/I-555/US 63 junction near Turrell on the Arkansas side (I-22 would share I-69 through Memphis) connect I-555 to US 67 at Hoxie/Walnut Ridge and then upgrade, reroute US 412 across North Arkansas as an interstate quality road with the express intent on extend g all of this as I-22 to at least Tulsa and preferably to Stillwater/I-35 and possibly on to Pueblo Co.

That would give NWA east/west and north/south interstate crossroads particularly I-49.

I-49 from Texarkana to KC would be the middle part of an hour glass routing system

From Texarkana you then connect it to New Orleans via the rest of I-49 and Houston/Mexico via it's connection to Future I-69, from KC it would connect I-29 whichwould basically run all the way to Winnipeg via Omaha, Sioux Falls, Fargo and I-35 to Thunder Bay via Des Moines, Twin Cities and Duluth.

All pipe dreams.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2016, 2:38 PM

This imagine is a month old, it's farther along The Gather just off Dickson

Apts on Center:

Old Posted Jul 19, 2016, 2:55 PM

Again, about a month old

Sterling with Old Main in the background

Walton Arts reno

Old Posted Jul 20, 2016, 4:26 AM

Crystal Bridges looking forward to turning The Plant (Former kraft foods plant) into working extention of the Museum.
http://talkbusiness.net/2016/07/the-...your-lifetime/

Old Posted Aug 18, 2016, 8:59 PM

Update, the Library got it's millage increase.

Also, University of Arkansas is showing early generic plans for a major on campus residence bump with extension of Frat Row and new apts. Lookz like 30,000 is around the corner. When the U of A joined the SEC, it had less than 14,000 students. The growth is fueled by an influx of students for east Texas and the Metroplex due to Texas' stupid admission rules that excludes many students from attending UT or TAMU, Arkansas allows them in state tuition with certain test scores and GPA averages.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2016, 12:54 PM

New office building going up across from Walmart Home Office

For those that don't know the Walmarks home office is about a fugly as one could imagine and it's better than it used to be.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2016, 9:43 PM

Newest rendering of the new North End Zone, construction starts after last home game.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2016, 1:42 PM

Renderings for the new Theater Squared facility in Fayetteville.

http://talkbusiness.net/2016/11/thea...teville-venue/

I'm really burned out on the shoebox/Lego craze. It is especially bad here consider this is the home of Marlon Blackwell

Old Posted Nov 6, 2016, 1:54 PM

In keeping with theaters, this in is for cinema. Mostly indies and classics and not so much new releases. Will be Dickson St. in Fayetteville. This one is an official Marlon Blackwell box

https://www.fayettevilleflyer.com/20...oving-forward/

What is truly interesting is that an actual movie house is down the street complete with the cool old school marquee. I have pitched keeping the front facade and build a new structure behind with either an Alamo Draft House concept or an IMAX that would offer up the science and educational stuff during the day and first runs at night.

Old Posted Jul 28, 2017, 7:05 PM

Update on US Marshall's Museum in Ft. Smith
http://talkbusiness.net/2017/07/u-s-...-2019-opening/

Old Posted Jul 29, 2017, 1:35 PM

New "game day" houses being built adjacent to Razorback Stadium in Fayetteville.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast