HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Apr 11, 2018, 1:19 AM

Farwell Tower

Contour

North of Brady

North End (Foreground) Jackson Street Apartments (Background)

Hammes HQ

The PLAYOFF BOUND Bucks New Arena #fearthedeer

Bucks Parking Structure and U/C Bucks Apartments

Old Posted Apr 11, 2018, 1:25 AM

Hyatt Place @ The Brewery

Vim (Foreground) and Vigor (Background) or Vice Versa

Streetcar Shed

Streetcar Testing Area

The Quin

BMO Tower

NML's 2 Masterpieces (777 and HQ)

Just a cool skyline shot from the Fifth Ward

Old Posted Apr 11, 2018, 1:35 PM

You deserve some kind of medal for this update, looks fucking amazing and makes me want to go to Milwaukee! Very very nice development, Milwaukee, land of the Germans starting to look more like modern germany. Very cool. Can you one day provide updates of how the riverfront is looking, with all the new dev there?

Old Posted Apr 11, 2018, 3:08 PM

Milwaukee is looking fantastic. It's wonderful to see a great American city making a comeback.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2018, 2:11 AM

Thank you for the wonderful photos, Bucksfan! It's great to get the comprehensive update!

The Hammes building flew below my radar. It's nice to see an extra building I wasn't even aware of!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksfan15 View Post
Farwell Tower
Hammes HQ

Old Posted Apr 12, 2018, 4:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by embora View Post
Thank you for the wonderful photos, Bucksfan! It's great to get the comprehensive update!

The Hammes building flew below my radar. It's nice to see an extra building I wasn't even aware of!
Honestly, it doesn't even paint a full picture of what is currently happening in Brew City. I probably only got half of the projects I intended to before I ran out of daylight. I'll try and get the rest at some point. Don't forget, Milwaukee is about to break ground on a handful of additional towers in the coming months. Things are getting exciting.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2018, 4:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjreisen View Post
You deserve some kind of medal for this update, looks fucking amazing and makes me want to go to Milwaukee! Very very nice development, Milwaukee, land of the Germans starting to look more like modern germany. Very cool. Can you one day provide updates of how the riverfront is looking, with all the new dev there?
Thanks. I'll put some riverfront shots on the agenda for next time.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2018, 3:54 PM

Large new residential building planned in Third Ward

Quote:
The project, planned for a site southeast of East St. Paul Avenue and North Jefferson Street, will take up the entire eastern half of the block, said Matthew Jarosz, coordinator for the Third Ward Architectural Review Board.

“Robert wanted to be very careful about the information getting out,” Jarosz aid. “It looks like a very fine project. It is multiple stories and is a very large building.”

The review board will consider the proposal on Wedensday.
Excited to see these renderings.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2018, 4:00 AM

Proposed Third Ward apartment building includes retail, We Energies substation
Robert Joseph hoping to break ground on project this year

Quote:
Milwaukee developer Robert Joseph is planning a seven-story mixed-use development at the southwest corner of East St. Paul Avenue and North Jefferson Street in the city’s Historic Third Ward neighborhood.

The development includes 60 apartments, two-stories of 3,500 square feet of retail space at the north corner and three stories of above-ground parking on the south side of the building.

In the middle, on North Jefferson Street, would be an 11,000-square-foot We Energies substation.
Not what I picture when I hear "large" development but I like it. Great infill and fits into the surrounding neighborhood.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2018, 3:42 AM

Quote:

Proposed Third Ward apartment building includes retail, We Energies substation
Robert Joseph hoping to break ground on project this year

Not what I picture when I hear "large" development but I like it. Great infill and fits into the surrounding neighborhood.
Interesting. I've never heard of a mixed use Residential/electrical substation. I'll be interested to see how it works out.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2018, 2:59 PM

Last edited by bucksfan15; Jun 11, 2018 at 3:57 PM.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2018, 8:06 PM

Foxconn announces North American headquarters in Wisconsin
Quote:
Taiwanese electronics manufacturer Foxconn said it would establish its North American corporate headquarters in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, following the purchase of a building in the city's downtown area.

In a statement, Foxconn said more than 500 people would work at the seven-story building in downtown Milwaukee.

The announcement comes almost a year after the company disclosed plans to invest $10 billion over four years to build a 20 million-square-foot LCD panel plant in Wisconsin that could eventually employ up to 13,000 people.

Taiwan-based Foxconn, known formally as Hon Hai Precision Industry Co Ltd, is the world's largest contract electronics manufacturer and employs more than a million people.
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/16/foxc...wisconsin.html

Old Posted Jun 18, 2018, 6:39 PM

Convention center expansion concepts presented to WCD board

Quote:
A consulting firm hired by the Wisconsin Center District presented three concepts to expand the downtown Milwaukee convention center Friday, but there is still no funding plan in place for the $247 million to $277 million project.

Tampa, Florida-based Crossroad Consulting also told Wisconsin Center District Board members that a larger convention center would need 1,000 new hotel rooms within walking distance to be successful.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2018, 6:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy34 View Post
Foxconn announces North American headquarters in Wisconsin

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/16/foxc...wisconsin.html
Foxconn says downtown Milwaukee building will be its North American HQ

Quote:
“The only thing he pointed out that was wrong was the height of our building. It should not be here. It should be all the way up here,” Woo said, pointing closer to the height of the U.S. Bank building.

Asked afterwards if those jokes were aspirational or if the company had specific future building plans, Woo said it is a goal, but the current building is also a good fit. He did note the parking lot adjacent to the building gives Foxconn options.

“There is plenty of opportunity for us to redevelop this place,” he said.

Later he added he would like to see a skyscraper.

“I don’t think there is anything stopping us, the sky is really the limit,” he said.
Stay posted. Foxconn is dropping hints of a new skyscraper in Milwaukee's future.

Last edited by bucksfan15; Jun 19, 2018 at 4:26 AM.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2018, 5:22 AM

Quote:
Eh, I would much rather have an NHL or MLS team.

I personally wouldn't watch it but I know nothing about viewership or XFL attendance or the league in general. How big of a stadium or arena does the XFL need? Where would they play in Milwaukee? Milwaukee surely wouldn't build a stadium for the XFL.
Well we will never get a NHL team thanks to Chicago being afraid of the competition and refusing the waiver. It's still a shame that they're destroying a perfectly good building in the Bradley Center.

Also, per JSOnline, https://www.jsonline.com/story/money...ilt/988718002/ they're showing the cards that it appears that the only hole being dug will be to bury the project.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2018, 12:22 AM

Tallest Wood Building in Western Hemisphere

Quote:
New Land Enterprises has announced a bold plan to build a 21-story mass timber apartment building in East Town. If completed, the building, known as Ascent, would be the tallest timber structure in the Western Hemisphere according to the company.

The news comes just months after New Land released plans to build a seven-story mass timber office building, the city’s first, along the Milwaukee River in Westown.

Mass timber is an engineered product made by combining layers of lumber into a stronger material. The material is capable of building much taller buildings than conventional wood construction methods because it only chars (rather than burning up) in a fire and offers enhanced strength.

The engineered material offers substantial environmental benefits over steel or concrete. Because of its reduced weight, it also can reduce the size of a building’s foundation allowing faster construction. Construction speed is further enhanced with the use of prefabricated components. Building codes have been recently updated to allow for the new material to be used in the United States and a number of projects have been built in the Pacific Northwest.

Planned to rise 238 feet, the tower is being designed by New Land partner Korb + Associates Architects and engineering firm Thornton Tomasetti. The team will present the project at the Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat annual conference in Dubai on October 20th.

The tower is planned for a long-vacant site at the northeast corner of N. Van Buren St. and E. Kilbourn Ave. The site at 700 E. Kilbourn Ave. is currently a parking lot and a vacant commercial building. City records indicate a New Land-affiliate has owned the 28,504-square-foot lot since 2011.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2018, 2:42 PM

Wangard announces condo project on Milwaukee’s East Side

Quote:
The development, known as Brady & Water, is to be built in three phases at 1701 N. Water St. The first phase will include up to 70 units, with construction expected to begin in the summer.
While it is certainly a fantastic proposal, and I love the riverwalk, Wangard does not have a very good track record with this site and has had trouble getting some of their projects out of the ground. Good news is, they recently sold off one of their newer buildings and pulled out of another development agreement which seems to signal them focusing on this project. Guess we'll see what happens this summer. Very high profile site on the lower east side at the intersection of 2 major thoroughfares, Water and Brady Streets.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2019, 11:49 PM

We had a steady flow of some pretty nice Milwaukee developments in 2018, but nothing has been nothing posted this year. Have things slowed down?

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2019, 2:01 AM
Show me the blueprints

Thanks for asking that, I've noticed this thread being pretty slow and wondered the same thing.

Only if you're looking can it find you...

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Apr 24, 2019, 12:35 AM

People tend to discuss Milwaukee Development more over at SSC, than here at SSP: https://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4012

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations