HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland

Old Posted Jan 15, 2019, 5:04 PM

100 NE Multnomah | xx' | 9 Floors | Proposed

Subscription required: https://www.bizjournals.com/portland...310&j=86063311

Quote:
Prosper Portland sizes up a 10-story, $77M office building near the Oregon Convention Center
By Jon Bell – Staff Reporter, Portland Business Journal
2 hours ago

When Prosper Portland had Mortenson Construction conjure up plans for a 442-stall parking garage across from the Oregon Convention Center, the agency asked the firm to design it so that it could be added on to in the future.

Now it looks likely that Prosper Portland will head down that road by having Mortenson design a 10-story, roughly 140,000-square-foot office building on top of and adjacent to the parking garage.

At its meeting this Wednesday, the Prosper Portland Board of Commissioners will take up the project and consider whether or not to bump up a contract with Mortenson from about $478,000 to $1.6 million to complete the early design work of the prospective office building.
...(continues)

Old Posted Jan 16, 2019, 8:21 PM

Quote:
Prosper Portland weighs office building atop convention center parking garage

Portland's economic development agency might top a parking garage already under construction near the Oregon Convention Center with a 10-story office building.

The agency, Prosper Portland, is building the $32 million parking garage alongside a 600-room Hyatt Regency hotel to serve the Oregon Convention Center. Mortenson Construction, the Minneapolis firm behind the hotel, is also building the garage for Prosper Portland.

The hotel's construction is backed by $60 million in revenue bonds tied to local lodging taxes, as well as a state grants and land provided by Prosper Portland. The 442-space garage was intended to serve the hotel and the convention center.

The garage was designed to accommodate the future construction of an office building, but the city agency previously committed only $500,000 to its design. Prosper Portland is now doubling down, documents show, seeking approval from its board to increase its investment to $1.6 million from the to further the design. The funds come from taxes collected in the Oregon Convention Center urban renewal area.
...continues at the Oregonian.

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted Jan 16, 2019, 8:26 PM

Here is the report to the Prosper Portland board.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2019, 8:53 PM
A before E

That is awesome news, I honestly figured the whole future office building on top of the garage would be one of those things we would never see happen. This would be a good move for Portland Prosper and the building looks like it would be a good addition to the area on top of the parking garage.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2019, 1:02 AM

Hope they follow through with it. I'd love to see something make the parking garage less... Just parking.

Old Posted May 29, 2019, 7:25 PM

Old Posted Jul 8, 2019, 4:34 PM

Staff Report, which recommends approval.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2019, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoinnich View Post
Staff Report, which recommends approval.
I thought this sentence from the staff report was interesting: "The Tri-Met Rose Quarter Transit Center, a major bus transfer location and located within the Fareless Square, is less than 500 feet from the project site."

Hasn't Fareless Square been gone for years?

Old Posted Jul 9, 2019, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityscapes View Post
Anyone that uses TriMet in central city knows the answer to that question.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2019, 4:27 AM

Quote:
I thought this sentence from the staff report was interesting: "The Tri-Met Rose Quarter Transit Center, a major bus transfer location and located within the Fareless Square, is less than 500 feet from the project site."

It warms my heart to know people are actually reading the staff reports that I post.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2019, 4:46 AM
A before E

Quote:
It warms my heart to know people are actually reading the staff reports that I post.
I always try to read them when I can, I sometimes miss one or two here and there if I am busy, but I always appreciate all the updating that you do. Really, you are one of the main factors that keeps this subforum alive and active. As they say, not all heroes wear capes.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2019, 7:11 PM
9-7-2oh1-!

Quote:
Holy moly, Fareless Square ended a decade ago, at the end of 2009 (though it briefly sort of continued as the Free Rail Zone, but that didn't last long).

Old Posted Jul 9, 2019, 8:24 PM
A before E

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2oh1 View Post
Holy moly, Fareless Square ended a decade ago, at the end of 2009 (though it briefly sort of continued as the Free Rail Zone, but that didn't last long).
It's hard to believe it has been that long, but at the same time it has been long enough that I have started to forget that there use to even be a fareless square. I am happy I lived downtown while it existed because I took full advantage of the hopping on and off trains and sometimes buses when I was downtown.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2019, 8:16 PM

Quote:
Maccoinnich, that's great to hear. I too am a follower of pdx projects and development, so your efforts with NextPortland and this forum are both greatly appreciated and super insightful. Keep it up!

Old Posted Jul 16, 2019, 12:41 AM

Drawings [11 MB]

Old Posted Jul 16, 2019, 3:35 AM

This is such a poorly put together block.

Who do they think the office tenant would be? TriMet or Metro administrative offices? Another government agency? TriMet is building it's security offices on the SW corner. I don't see a private company outside of the sports teams that utilize the Rose Quarter or perhaps medical offices for the Unity Center being interested in this location.

Last edited by MarkDaMan; Jul 16, 2019 at 3:52 AM.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2019, 6:50 PM
A before E

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDaMan View Post

Who do they think the office tenant would be? TriMet or Metro administrative offices? Another government agency? TriMet is building it's security offices on the SW corner. I don't see a private company outside of the sports teams that utilize the Rose Quarter or perhaps medical offices for the Unity Center being interested in this location.
I think Prosper Portland is looking to make this their new office space.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2019, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDaMan View Post

I doubt very much Metro would relocate from a building that they already own. TriMet is currently leasing it's administrative headquarters, so I suppose they may be in the market in the near term, but I'm sure there's lots of other locations that would be cheaper than brand new construction.

Old Posted Aug 9, 2019, 10:57 PM

Approved yesterday.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2019, 12:12 AM

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland