HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Closed Thread

Old Posted May 3, 2017, 6:01 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by le calmar View Post
In all fairness, I think one is allowed to have his own views and as long as this person doesn't get offensive or cross the line (with inappropriate comments towards other members and/or communities) he would be allowed to stay here. I don't always read Tosin's comments as they tend to be long and not well structured, but I think the guy can have is own views as long as he doesn't cross that line. But yeah, your writing is sometimes a pain to read Tosin but perhaps you can work on that.
Yeah ur right! Well I'm just different ok.
I tend to believe that Freedom is more important than Justice,
Responsibilities are more Important than rights,
& Ideology is more important than Probability.
Ideology is something that does NOT change. If Someone is
Religious that person is religious, if someone is a criminal or a terrorist
that person is always going to be one. (Which is why we have things called
jails & court systems). Newsflash many times Criminals can even be jailed for life!
Why not just a couple years for some of the most hardened criminals if people can change hmm?
But I digress. (Infact even the very concept of "Jail" is theoretically unjust as it relies upon the "Initiation of Force",
& is in conflict with a person's rights through Taxes when the cheaper option is punishment or death for all crimes).
I also believe in Responsibility over Rights because Rights are a set of beliefs that are consequentially approved using the threat of a government.
But who's to say what's a right & what isn't? Who's to say who deserves a right over another? Again why Rights take responsibility for granted,
because where someone's rights begin, another's responsibilities begin also.
(You cannot have 1 without the other), it is impossible to have a right to something that doesn't rely upon another. (Therefore it already becomes yours or that persons responsibility to enforce the right in the first place).
Freedom is also more important than Justice, because no amount of Law's are going to prevent people from doing what is right or wrong.
People must be given freedom first, otherwise then they will just take the law's into their own hands. "Justice" cannot exist without freedom anyway's. What Justice is is a byproduct of a person abusing their freedom, NOT because of freedom itself. (Which is why people must be given the freedom of choice before something is considered "Just" or "Unjust"). Creating laws isn't going to do anything other than make people feel oppressed. (Which leads to violence anyways).

Old Posted May 3, 2017, 6:18 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshal View Post
Don't be, just give up on this guy; it is like arguing with mental illness itself. I almost drove him to quit, then pulled him back, and since then he has been on a tear through a few threads with his endless nonsense and obnoxious attitude. What to make of a person like this? Don't know, but I promised to give him all the slack that I can.

But, he's ruining threads. I don't mind his crazy ideas and strongly held views. Its the volume/quantity that is way too much. Tosin is teaching me things though. You can't experience everything, and we all attain plenty of second hand knowledge. This guy is giving me first hand experience of just how arrogant really stupid people can be. Blind to reason. Convinced in his stupidity. Not understanding the concepts ('probability' for example) he uses. Blind to information. Incapable of reasoning through an issue. I could go on forever.

But one thing needs pointing out at a philosophical level, something essential to understanding the human condition: "certainty, like all forms of "absolutism" is forever denied to the human experience. When one becomes convinced of certainties, especially ones they generate themselves, one becomes a danger."

Obviously this interests me (Tosin is a type within the human range) or I wouldn't have used up 5,000 words on it this past week. But, joking aside: I can only hope the stupid would babel on less and listen, think, and learn more. The first goal of learning is the awareness of one's limitations and the humble attitude that follows from that. If you find yourself knowing absolutely everything about something, then you can pronounce your opinions as fact - but then, and I am not religious, you would be sitting shoulder to shoulder with God. Tosin seems to think he is there. I think he has yet to truly start "learning."
Are you Religious? I would say the answer to that question is a resounding NO.
Now ask me how did I know this? How did I know that you "Marshal" are not religious? Because u speak like a blind man trying to lead other's astray.
If u do not understand that "Ideology" is more important than "Probability" then u may have a zeal, but it's not according to any knowledge other than what u can see.
What u & other's on here fail to understand is that things have a way of manifesting themselves internally before they ever make their way to the physical externally.
People like you fail to understand that belief Systems are not something u battle using human logic, it's much, much deeper than this. & as long as u continue to not believe that nothing will change. The west will ALWAYS have terrorist Attacks & Asia will NOT. Because they truly & deeply understand this. (Which is why the Countries their ancestor's worked so hard to build for generations), can keep their way of life. "If you don't stand for something, then u will fall for anything". - Alexander Hamilton.

This is why "Statistics"/ "Probability" though I may enjoy it, I recognize that it's NOT what saves a society & it's not what u put ur faith/ trust in, because it CAN (& often times), has been known to fail. But only deeply spiritually/ religious people on the Right will understand this. Without Religion or a Belief System which grounds you, people will always loose out when it comes to ideology, & the terrorists play on that which is EXACTLY how they win anyways.
The Reason Trump got into the White House was because of how Religious the US is as a Country. They are still very conservative because they know the danger's of heading towards the Path of the Europeans.
(I can't remember which one of the Founding Father's Urged the United States from following the path of the Europeans), one said "They are a people of War". (After all their was even a 100 Year War). It is "Ideology/ Religion" that brings the World towards peace & stability. No other way to do it. (& it can't just be any religion/ religious view either), but one that values life ahead of anything else.

PS. Their is a difference between Wisdom & Knowledge,
I may have knowledge, but I understand the difference. Which is
why the EXACT moment u gave me the probability of a terrorist
attack happening to a person. It was merly a ploy/ strategy
to get people to vote for the left (Instead of the right). It's
sad honestly that some people believe the statistics instead of
asking the hard objective questions. Such as: "What's the Source",
"Is this fitting a narrative of some kind", or "Why do terrorist
attacks even need to happen @ all?" Typical leftwing propaganda
will allow them to even happen & then say it's no big deal.
You do realize that terrorism doesn't even "need" to occur in the
1st place anyways right? But if our collective societies actually
"stood" for something you guys would know that. The whole
probability thing is complete nonsense because it even implies
that it could or should be happening. (Just @ lower frequency right?)
The Reason, Scientist develop Cures for so many communicable
diseases is to reduce the probability of death or impairment
to ZERO. If this can be done then how come Terrorism Risk can't
just be ZERO as well? After all is it not a condition also?

Old Posted May 3, 2017, 6:29 PM
Registered Drug User

Please go away.

Old Posted May 3, 2017, 6:40 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistercorporate View Post
I think part of the problem is with moderation on this forum. One of the good things about the mods is that they clamp down hard on trolls and trolly posts, which even mature forum members make from time to time. Trolls provide individually annoying posts but they typically do a hit and run, so the amount of time wasted on them is minimal.

The bad side is that mentally ill or seriously stupid people get a pass and get to make page after page of posts and distracting garbage. We all know who these guys are but they're allowed to exist here forever, wasting everyone's time and dumbing down the quality of this forum.

Guys like Oilkountry were crazy and offensive but they were run out eventually because they crossed the line in their offensive swearing and obsessive irrational attack threads. Guys like Tosin and sunsetmountainland are allowed to exist in perpetuity since despite their obvious ignorance and stubbornness, they don't swear and feign politeness, yet look at how much forum time is wasted on such people. In his defence, Tosin provides good stats, but he seems to think this gives him carte blanche to provided useless and stupid social and cultural commentary ad nauseum, that offends and annoys people due to his unwillingness to learn from the responses.
It's not nonsense, the fact is this is probably mostly an Atheist Forum/ Message Board. (Which is fine), but I'm not an Atheist I believe that God Exists ok & I consider myself "Conservative", & the Religion I adhere to/ religious view I believe in is Christianity. (Which is EXACTLY why I am able to see things none of you guys are able to). I would say ur to be pitted but it's fine sooner or later responsibility will catch up to the West & their is nothing that they can do about it.
The fact is not every Human Being is the same. (But the Left wants everyone to believe that), & not every religion/ religious views are the SAME either.
The reason Conflict arises & war happens is because of differences, some hold values that are compatible with other's & some do NOT. (Which is perfectly fine/ ok). The problem becomes when people cannot agree.
You guys may not agree with me. (Which is fine), but it doesn't mean I'm not right it just means instead of understanding the profound influence that Religion has on Society, you guys can only see society from 1 lens/ perspective & that is that the World can only be seen or understood based on human knowledge alone. (When this World is far deeper & more meaningful than this), The Ancients once said:
"I was the wisest of all the Greeks. It is because I alone, of all the Greeks, know that I know nothing."
The problem with Irreligious people is they claim to know everything, that's the difference between Religious People & Irreligious people. The fact is we have the truth of understanding & wisdom, they have the truth of nothing. Because u cannot fully understand something that does not rely upon your existence for its sustenance. (& no amount of Science, Probability, or Human Contrived Knowledge of all kinds), is going to make a person understand what truly needs to be known. (That we are all but specs in this World), Our ability to understand it has little to do with how it's preserved ultimately, it's preserved by what cannot be seen, not by what is seen. (& if u understand these things), Then u will understand Life/ Death & why the World runs the way that it does. Because the Earth, the Planet, the Moon, the Stars the entire Galaxy/ Solar System! Doesn't need humans to preserve it's existence, it is fully functional & independent of us. So our Understanding of it is meaningless, we must strive for greater than this. (Something our Minds cannot even begin to comprehend but it's existence holds it together regardless).

Old Posted May 3, 2017, 6:57 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
The probability of *not* being murdered in Detroit is over 99.9%, which is statistically similar to the probability of not being murdered in Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver, etc.

And this only counts residents, not the millions of people who pass through Detroit to work or visit in any given year. If you counted all of them it would get even closer to 100%.

And yet Detroit is still... Detroit.
True I guess..

Old Posted May 3, 2017, 6:59 PM

Is anybody here reading his rants?

End

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada