HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast

Old Posted Dec 19, 2006, 6:34 PM

County councilman floats county square move. Most likely deal will go through. More info: http://www.greenvilleonline.com/apps...WS01/612190391

Old Posted Dec 20, 2006, 5:46 PM

Thanks for all the good info. Enjoy checking this site occasionally. Great things happening in Greenville. Any news on The Camperdown Condos project? I think it's still on the developer's website.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2006, 6:54 PM

The Camperdown Condos project is currently in a holding pattern. SouthCorp Inc. who is developing the project is supposed to have a new lease come out on the project, due to the old one expiring. I'm not sure when that is going to happen. The company (The Marchant Company) selling the condos has taken the project off of their website and the Camperdown Condos main website has not been updated in at least six months.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2006, 10:01 PM

I think they should build a bigger tower than another 14 story building because we already have the pinnacle and peacock that are most definetly going to be built so why not build a 30 or 40 story tower and make it a nice mixed use developement. I think it would go over very well here if you make it something that people want to go to and live in.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2006, 4:31 AM

Old Posted Dec 21, 2006, 8:28 PM
The Pedestrian

I think everyone should check out the INNOVENTURE conference held annually in Greenville. It is a big event and attracts business professionals from around the Southeast. It is great to be a part of such a growing region!
Here are some very encouraging observations by some who attended this year's conference.

Also held in Greenville, the annual InnoVision Technology Awards provide a great platform to showcase some of this area's best innovations.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2006, 10:34 PM

Gman...that site plan doesnt jive to well with what we are currently building with the brick. Our plans look a little different. On our plans the highest point on the publix which will have the publix name on it actually has a big circle like radius with brick soldiers on it. That picture of the site plan you posted has a square looking main entrance. Kind of strange.

Old Posted Dec 22, 2006, 6:31 AM

^^^Hmmm...Interesting. Thanks for the info, Erm. Also, South Carolina is now the 10th fastest growing state in the nation. More info: http://www.thestate.com/mld/thestate/16293237.htm

Old Posted Dec 22, 2006, 2:06 PM
The Pedestrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by erm1981 View Post
Gman...that site plan doesnt jive to well with what we are currently building with the brick. Our plans look a little different. On our plans the highest point on the publix which will have the publix name on it actually has a big circle like radius with brick soldiers on it. That picture of the site plan you posted has a square looking main entrance. Kind of strange.
I believe that is the corner where the development entrance comes off of McBee Avenue. That is probably not the main Publix entrance, but rather a sign letting people know there is one on on the other side.

Old Posted Dec 22, 2006, 2:21 PM
Old Fart Forumer

@ Skyliner - that Innoventure looks interesting.

@ g-man - Congrats on the population growth. I'm sad to see NY still losing folks. I figure SC will pass NY by about 2037.

Retired, now Grandpa Daycare

Old Posted Dec 22, 2006, 7:24 PM

CU-ICAR thinking hydrogen along with hydrogen-powered buses to run between Clemson University and ICAR if bill passes. More info: http://www.greenvilleonline.com/apps...NESS/612220330

Old Posted Dec 23, 2006, 3:02 AM

I drove by the Peacock Hotel and Spa site earlier today. The small trees and bushes that were once surrounding the site are now gone and there is now more black-plastic silt fencing around the site. It also seems more dirt has been pushed around and dug up on the site the last couple of days.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2006, 3:34 AM

Verdae Development houses in phase I of Hollingsworth Park that will consists of 24 homes-

The Savannah-early Greek Revival. This simple form was built all along the Eastern Seaboard from 1830-1870. Note the elegant pilasters on the corners of the house and the bold "Greek" cornice of the window and door headers that typify the style:

The Georgetown-classic Federal. Inspired by American architecture of the 1780-1820 period. Common features of the syle are the wonderful fanlights over the front door and soldier courses of brick above the windows:

Rowan Oak-adaption of Federal Style. The main entry has been creatively placed on what is essentially the side elevation of the house. An elegant series of French doors lead to an inviting raised terrace with cast iron railings on the "front" side of the house:

The Davis House-Neo-Classical or Classical Revival. This style is characterized by a symmetrical front elevation. It also incorporates classic features such as columns and pediment-style gables:

Information card:

Last edited by g-man435; Dec 23, 2006 at 3:45 AM.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2006, 3:00 PM
The Pedestrian

I just received mine in the mail yesterday as well. Looks very nice. Of the ones shown, I really like The Georgetown best.

Old Posted Dec 24, 2006, 3:42 AM
Old Fart Forumer

Hey guys, just thought I'd check to see if this would download, It's the completed end of the parking garage project when it was starting to lease (back in Feb). Not the best shot, but you get the idea:

Retired, now Grandpa Daycare

Old Posted Dec 24, 2006, 4:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
I believe that is the corner where the development entrance comes off of McBee Avenue. That is probably not the main Publix entrance, but rather a sign letting people know there is one on on the other side.
Something still doensnt look right. Or maybe im looking at the wrong side of the building. I thought the only place you would see the publix sign was on the high point of the building that you see when you are comming up church street and look to your right. Maybe this is the condo side of the building that is going to be facing mcbee. that would make more sense. I know the front of the publix where the main entrance is will be very fancy. Ive enjoyed laying all the fancy arches so far, and giving it that old mill look.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2006, 5:05 AM

I'm bored.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2006, 6:57 AM

I'm still bored.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2006, 3:11 PM
The Pedestrian

G-man bored? Say it isn't so!

Old Posted Dec 28, 2006, 3:14 PM
The Pedestrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-Ithacan View Post
Hey guys, just thought I'd check to see if this would download, It's the completed end of the parking garage project when it was starting to lease (back in Feb). Not the best shot, but you get the idea:

Great photo of The Bookends, Ex-Ithacan! I think this is such a high quality development, and a real model for proper urban development in today's cities. I hope to see more of this built around Greenville.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast