435 West 33rd Street in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Mar 7, 2014, 8:26 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

Smile NEW YORK | 435 West 33rd St | FT | FLOORS

This is bound to get picked up very quickly given that it's in the Hudson Yards redevelopment district. This is also directly north of Manhattan West.

Port Authority to sell parcels with 490K buildable square feet
Agency seeks to "maximize revenue" by unloading Hudson Yards sites
Mark Maurer March 07, 2014 10:03AM

Aerial view of parcels near West 34th Street

Quote:
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey has put two parcels in the Hudson Yards neighborhood on the market.

The 11,266-square-foot plots are located on Dyer Avenue between West 33rd and 34th streets, the Wall Street Journal reported. Port Authority opted to sell the land and air rights in an effort to “maximize revenue” and shore up funding for projects.

The site has 490,000 maximum buildable square feet and presents several options for developers. A platform could be built over Dyer, with a property then constructed on top of that. Or, development could be limited to one side of Dyer.[WSJ]

Port Authority Selling Two Pieces of Land Near Lincoln Tunnel
Friday, March 7, 2014, by Jessica Dailey

Quote:
Dyer Avenue, part of which could be turned into a pocket park, runs between the two sites, and the road must remain open during construction. The Journal notes that if a developer wanted to use the whole 11,266-square-foot footprint for one project, a platform could be constructed over road, but that expense could be avoided by transferring all of the development rights to one parcel. If that happens, then the building could cantilever over Dyer Avenue, which seems to be the cool thing to do these days. A through-block landscaped public space connecting 33rd and 34th Streets is required.

~ My Stamford, CT Thread ~~ My Danbury, CT Thread ~

Last edited by Hypothalamus; Mar 7, 2014 at 10:35 PM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals