HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Three World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Dec 29, 2013, 1:30 AM

This tower will have retail space correct? Would it be far fetched to consider opening the ground floors for retail while the tower is being built?

Old Posted Dec 29, 2013, 6:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayden View Post
This tower will have retail space correct? Would it be far fetched to consider opening the ground floors for retail while the tower is being built?
The base will be open during construction.

Old Posted Dec 29, 2013, 6:54 PM
BANNED

These offices will be 65% vacant?

Old Posted Dec 29, 2013, 7:36 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eveningsong View Post
These offices will be 65% vacant?
The building won't open for four years. No one knows what the vacancy rate will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayden View Post
Would it be far fetched to consider opening the ground floors for retail while the tower is being built?
The lower level retail opens in 2015. The base retail will follow.

http://wtc.westfield.com/

Video Link

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2013, 3:12 AM

Glad to see this one rising. After 2WTC, this is easily my favorite building in the complex; looking at the cladding when I'm in the area, I think it's going to look amazing, especially with the shiny steel beams reaching all the way to the top and the dark curtain walls. Bigger picture, the site will look more cohesive cause now it's a one tower show, 4WTC doesn't even look like it belongs to the site. But we're almost there, 1 more to go and it's the best one!

Last edited by Blaze23; Jan 1, 2014 at 9:30 PM.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2013, 4:28 AM
I love NY!

4 WTC is a great addition to the site.

Classy and sufficient building. Highly underrated.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2013, 3:48 PM

It sure is, I actually like it better than 1WTC, but when you look at downtown from a distance, 1WTC dominates everything around it and 4WTC is not close enough for someone who wouldn't know to think that it belongs to the site.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2013, 5:51 PM

People that don't follow forums etc tend to forget in all the talk about height figures that the WTC site is not just one tower but a collection of towers that make up the whole site. lt's still difficult to see because there is a bit of a disconnect with 4 being farther away from 1 in the cluster when looking at the skyline. With that gap it still feels incomplete. l'm just glad that with tower 3 that gap is getting narrower.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2013, 6:47 PM
BANNED

It would be nice if 175 had silver glass instead blue.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2013, 8:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze23 View Post
But we're almost there, 1 more to go and it's the best one!
Well really two more to go.

We don't know what 5 WTC will look like, other than it will probably be a residential/hotel hybrid and tall and slim.

Old Posted Jan 1, 2014, 2:58 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eveningsong View Post
It would be nice if 175 had silver glass instead blue.
That doesn't really matter, because it changes depending on time of day, color of the sky, etc.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2014, 3:20 AM

I'm glad that at least this one will be built. From Jersey it still looks as though 1WTC and 4WTC have no connection. This will help tremendously in linking them together.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2014, 2:50 PM
New Yorker for life

http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article...TATE/140109989

Manhattan office leasing sets a record
Leases were signed for 12.7 million square feet in the fourth quarter, up from 5.8 million a year earlier, Studley said in a report.

By Bloomberg News
January 2, 2014

Quote:
Manhattan office leasing climbed to a record in the fourth quarter, driven by large agreements by companies such as Citigroup Inc. seeking cost-effective real estate, according to brokerage Studley Inc. Leases were signed for 12.7 million square feet, up from 5.8 million a year earlier, Studley said in a draft report. Citigroup's 2.6 million-square-foot renewal at 388 and 390 Greenwich St. in lower Manhattan was the largest deal. The three next-biggest transactions also were downtown, a sign that large space users are capitalizing on that area's lower prices and government incentives, said Steven Coutts, Studley's vice president for research.

Lower-priced space was the most sought after in the fourth quarter and last year, with tenants attracted to downtown and aggressively priced vacancies on Midtown's Avenue of the Americas, Mr. Coutts said. As those spaces were leased, offices that came onto the market tended to be higher priced, boosting average asking rents, he said.

Hines, developer of the 30-story Henry Cobb-designed tower known as 7 Bryant Park, is seeking about $125 a square foot for offices, according to Studley. Boston Properties Inc. also wants more than $100 a square foot at 250 West 55th St., its new 1 million-square-foot tower on Midtown's west side, the brokerage said.

The other three big lower Manhattan leases in the fourth quarter included GroupM's 516,000 square feet at 3 World Trade Center, a Silverstein Properties Inc. tower that's in the first stages of construction, and CME Group Inc's sale and 449,000-square-foot leaseback of the Nymex Building. The law firm Jones Day took 330,000 square feet at Brookfield Place New York, the former World Financial Center, where Brookfield Office Properties Inc. has more than 2 million square feet of former Merrill Lynch & Co. space to rent.

Those deals bode well for lower Manhattan, which has a 14.9% availability rate, and a 20.6% rate for top- quality Class A offices, Mr. Coutts said.

He is projecting "continued momentum" for the World Trade Center and Brookfield Place, as well as Related Co.'s Hudson Yards project on Midtown's far west side.

"As these projects approach delivery, the concrete advantages they provide will become more tangible," Mr. Coutts said in his email.
With the rent differential between downtown and Midtown, "there is a significant upgrade in quality for those moving to lower Manhattan, as well as the potential for incentives that reduce effective rent."

For the year, Manhattan leasing totaled 34.7 million square feet, the most since 2000. By Studley's measure, the borough has 432.2 million square feet of offices.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2014, 3:23 PM
World Machine

Well that was an encouraging read!

Old Posted Jan 4, 2014, 3:03 PM

A little recent gossip from member Deimos on Wired New York, who works for Group M:

-The 3rd week of December Group M employees were told of the lease signing and that completion was expected in 2016.
-He doesn't personally expect to be working onsite before end-2017 due to the time required for interior fit-out.
-Staff were told that they would occupy the lowest 9 floors of 58 and that their space would include a terrace. (presumably refers to the set-back area topping the podium)

Assuming these timetables are valid it would seem like we can expect work to resume at full speed by mid-2014. Also the last point verifies from Group M's side that the trading floor spaces will be taken by Group M, as has been said here previously.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2014, 6:27 PM

That'll be an awesome terrace. I'm already jealous of Group M employees, but imagine having your lunch out on that terrace every day...

Old Posted Jan 7, 2014, 12:03 AM
Homo sapiens sapiens

Cross post! Off 1WTC Thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef_Supreme View Post
Just put these up in the my city photos section, figured I'd throw them up here as well; I took these about a month ago.

DSC_0083 by BeefSupreme7777777, on Flickr

~ My Stamford, CT Thread ~~ My Danbury, CT Thread ~

Old Posted Jan 9, 2014, 11:37 PM
New Yorker for life

http://pagesix.com/2014/01/09/anthon...d-food-market/

Anthony Bourdain to open NYC food market

By Emily Smith
January 9, 2014

Quote:
Anthony Bourdain — the sharp-tongued chef, gastronomic explorer, author and CNN personality — is getting back into the restaurant business.

He has signed a deal to open his first large-scale food market in Manhattan, which will reflect his passion for international street food, Page Six can exclusively reveal.

We’re told Bourdain has teamed up with New York entrepreneur Stephen Werther on the yet-to-be-named project, which could possibly be called Anthony Bourdain World Market. And it will spotlight “cuisines from all around the world,” as well as “give young chefs a showcase to strut their stuff” and “introduce Americans to Singapore-style street food.”

...Werther, the CEO of WiNK Retail Group and a partner in the hip Bleecker Street Arts Club, declined to reveal the market’s location but said it’s part of a big development project.

He said the opening date will depend on the building’s completion. (Our guesses include 3 World Trade Center and Hudson Yards.
Brookfield Place in Lower Manhattan has already announced its Eataly-esque French-focused market and food court, Le District, operated by Peter Poulakakos’ Poulakakos Group.)

And there’s a chance Bourdain’s deal could expand to multiple market locations in the future. Real estate broker Robert Futterman, who’s repping Bourdain and Werther, said of the location: “We are talking to every big developer in the city, and everybody wants them.”

http://tribecacitizen.com/2014/01/09...-hall-at-3wtc/

In the News: Anthony Bourdain Street-Food Hall at 3WTC?

1/09/14

Quote:
We’re told Bourdain has teamed up with New York entrepreneur Stephen Werther on [what] could possibly be called Anthony Bourdain World Market.” Not if Cost Plus has anything to say about it. “And it will spotlight ‘cuisines from all around the world’ [...] and ‘introduce Americans to Singapore-style street food.”

This is locally relevant because the New York Post thinks it’ll be in 3 World Trade Center or Hudson Yards. And Eater got this in a follow-up email: “my hope that an important component of this project will be representatives of Straits hawker masters. My likes are pretty well known: dai pai dong in Hong Kong, Boqueria in Spain, hawker centers in Singapore, street tostadas in Ensenada. To the extent that I can help bring those things home to New York, along with a truly interesting collection of home grown innovators, I will be very, very pleased.”

Old Posted Jan 10, 2014, 12:04 AM

I think it would be a perfect location for such an eatery, that's something downtown and the WTC needs. Tho I could also see it go to the yards since they're trying to replicate the feel of the TW center.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2014, 9:31 PM
Metal Up Your !

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
That doesn't really matter, because it changes depending on time of day, color of the sky, etc.
It does matter. Because on certain times of the day or weather, the silver would come out. Besides, since when does glass color not matter?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive