HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Mar 22, 2017, 4:11 PM

What do you guys think the likelihood of the beltline starting construction on SE grant/ormewood corridor in 5 years?

Old Posted Apr 10, 2017, 5:55 PM

Westside Trail is progress

Old Posted Apr 10, 2017, 6:33 PM

That's much curvier and hillier than I expected. Does it not run in the old freight rail right-of-way? Anyway, very excited for this to open. I think that building on the left in the bottom photo is where Wild Heaven is opening a new brewery and bar.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2017, 2:56 PM

Atlanta Beltline Update for tomorrow's Invest Atlanta meeting:

http://www.boarddocs.com/ga/investat...(final)PFX.pdf

Old Posted Apr 19, 2017, 3:25 PM

Old Posted Apr 20, 2017, 12:00 PM

I'm pumped about Ansley! They don't have to go far to connect with a nice, casual trail that runs east/west after the 2nd bridge. Lots of runners use that now.

Update on Irwin Street Beltline crossing: the street was originally supposed to open on the 17th, and was effected by Mayor Reed's city-wide stop work. But they got permission to start back up and are supposed to have the road open by Wed April 26th. They really have to have it open by that weekend.... Inman Park Fest!!

Old Posted May 11, 2017, 2:30 PM

Beltline Southside Trail vision

This stretch will link Adair Park, Peoplestown, under Interstate 75/85 bridge. Implementation is at least six years away however.

https://beltlineorg-wpengine.netdna-...on-4.24.17.pdf

https://atlanta.curbed.com/2017/5/11...oldstown-stage

Old Posted May 11, 2017, 5:24 PM

I wish of the new mayoral candidates would promote accelerating the acquisition and construction of the BeltLine's trail portion, not transit. Something like a 5 year plan to build out all 33 miles of trails (i forget how many miles of the 33 mile network will be construction in comparison with trails that already exist within the network). While we don't want to rush design and community input, we can certainly push more of this along in larger chunks than what was previously envisioned thanks to the sales tax.

Old Posted May 11, 2017, 5:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
I wish of the new mayoral candidates would promote accelerating the acquisition and construction of the BeltLine's trail portion, not transit. Something like a 5 year plan to build out all 33 miles of trails (i forget how many miles of the 33 mile network will be construction in comparison with trails that already exist within the network). While we don't want to rush design and community input, we can certainly push more of this along in larger chunks than what was previously envisioned thanks to the sales tax.
Are you saying use the transit sales tax we passed for the Beltline trail? Sorry, but rail transit comes first. That's why people voted on it in the first place.

Old Posted May 11, 2017, 5:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Are you saying use the transit sales tax we passed for the Beltline trail? Sorry, but rail transit comes first. That's why people voted on it in the first place.
No, the sales tax we passed to speed up the BeltLine trail ROW acquisition, in addition to other transportation improvements. The $0.04 tax.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2017, 10:20 PM

Westside Trail’s first-ever new business is open

Old Posted Jul 14, 2017, 2:51 PM

Northeast trail near Ansley could begin construction as early as this fall, federal funding is already secured for this section, as well as the sections adjacent to this section; and they are trying to sync the construction to occur same time as GeorgiaPower work on powerlines in the area:

http://www.reporternewspapers.net/20...-create-trail/

Old Posted Jul 14, 2017, 3:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeanuts View Post
Northeast trail near Ansley could begin construction as early as this fall, federal funding is already secured for this section, as well as the sections adjacent to this section; and they are trying to sync the construction to occur same time as GeorgiaPower work on powerlines in the area:

Wow. Great news! Glad see a lot of forward momentum on building out the trail.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2017, 4:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeanuts View Post

Did anyone attend the northeast trail meeting yesterday?

Old Posted Jul 14, 2017, 4:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
Did anyone attend the northeast trail meeting yesterday?
I didn't go, but here's the slideshow that someone posted on reddit:

https://beltlineorg-wpengine.netdna-...ail-Update.pdf

Old Posted Jul 21, 2017, 2:01 AM

Hadn't been to a Beltline planning meeting for a while. Went to one for the southern half of the Eastside trail (Irwin down to I-20). All funding is in for Phase 1 and 2

Phase 1: (Irwin to Edgewood bridge) They start installing cameras tomorrow, then they need to run fiber to control center at Memorial Dr and signage and trashcans. Hope to have it open in 2 to 3 weeks. They have to wait 9/10 months for condo construction to stabilize before they can continue to DeKalb ave (detour around that via bridge until then)

Phase 2: railings are finished in Krog tunnel, city will do lighting. Wylie section is finished except for signage and lighting. From Wylie to Memorial is gonna be over a year. The bridge over Fulton Terrace has to be cut out and built from scratch. There's going to be a cool plaze on the north side of Memorial (by the old depot) where all the crosswalks will be.

They hit on the Southside trail a bit: CSX and Beltline haven't begun negotiations yet. When that's finalized, 18-24 months of design work before anything starts. So, shovels in Ormewood Park start in 2021 at the earliest.

Did anybody get up to the Ansley meeting last week?

Old Posted Jul 21, 2017, 2:09 PM

Wylie to Memorial is really only about 3 blocks and that's going to take a year?! The slow pace of this project is mind boggling. What is the explanation behind all this? Is anyone berating them at these meetings?

Old Posted Jul 21, 2017, 4:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neighbor View Post
Wylie to Memorial is really only about 3 blocks and that's going to take a year?! The slow pace of this project is mind boggling. What is the explanation behind all this? Is anyone berating them at these meetings?
It's all about funding. They didn't have the money to complete this section- now they do.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2017, 5:03 PM

So now they have funding and it still takes 1+ years to build 3 blocks?? I know this is "more than a sidewalk" but this is ridiculous. This should be done in 3 months, max. People need to stop being so apathetic about the timelines, I'd like to enjoy this project before I retire.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2017, 9:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neighbor View Post
So now they have funding and it still takes 1+ years to build 3 blocks?? I know this is "more than a sidewalk" but this is ridiculous. This should be done in 3 months, max. People need to stop being so apathetic about the timelines, I'd like to enjoy this project before I retire.
If you have ever worked with an engineer, the city, the permitting department- on a multi-million dollar project that must be ADA accessible and need to support future transit, plus receive signoff on all kinds of stakeholders- you would probably be more understanding.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta