HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Mar 1, 2018, 6:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino35 View Post
I’ve heard from a real estate friend that they handed in their keys and will not be re-opening. But last I heard, the Caesar mill (in martensville - might be the wrong name) is still open and was supposedly owned by the same crew.
The Caesar Mill opened maybe a month or two before the Burning Beard locked its doors. I certainly hope it doesn't suffer the same fate, it's a fantastic place.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2018, 3:08 PM

The Burning Beard is no loss in my opinion. Let a better establishment take its place.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2018, 3:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
The Burning Beard is no loss in my opinion. Let a better establishment take its place.
i liked it. But it was only another burger and fries pub where they presented the food in a different and unique way. Although i agree with Echoes.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2018, 3:21 PM

I REALLY liked it and will miss it.....sure makes you wonder how such a busy place encounters financial trouble...how do others survive?! It was way better then the pretentious Una down the block in my opinion.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2018, 3:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairieguy View Post
I REALLY liked it and will miss it.....sure makes you wonder how such a busy place encounters financial trouble...how do others survive?! It was way better then the pretentious Una down the block in my opinion.
sucks to be the people who got the restaurant logo tattooed on them, i imagine some people around here couldnt resist the 25% off for life.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2018, 8:30 PM

Does anyone know if any businesses are confirmed yet for what's going up on the North side of Rosewood Blvd West beside Tim Horton's across from the 7-11/Anytime/Leopold's?

Old Posted Apr 12, 2018, 2:46 AM

Residences near Broadway and 11th have received notices from the city of a discretionary use permit application from Prairie Sun Brewery to operate a tavern with brewpub at 20 - 650 Broadway Avenue (Farnham Block, formerly Lydia's).

Old Posted Apr 12, 2018, 3:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cram View Post
Residences near Broadway and 11th have received notices from the city of a discretionary use permit application from Prairie Sun Brewery to operate a tavern with brewpub at 20 - 650 Broadway Avenue (Farnham Block, formerly Lydia's).
Nice!

Old Posted Apr 12, 2018, 3:33 PM

Great news....support local craft brewery. Any chat out there about what the heck is going on with Burning Beard?

Old Posted Apr 12, 2018, 5:10 PM

Quote:
Great news....support local craft brewery. Any chat out there about what the heck is going on with Burning Beard?
Seems like the owners just abandoned their lease. "Closing indefinitely for renos" is pretty much code for it.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2018, 5:34 PM

Well if that is true....i would like Leopolds Tavern to move there....I know its current location has tons of character, but just too small for the level of business they could be doing!

Old Posted Apr 20, 2018, 1:31 AM

Unsurprisingly, District Kitchen + Bar on 24th Street is closed. Building is for sale.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2018, 2:21 PM

That location is cursed!!! ....at least until something happens in terms of development in the North end....

Old Posted Apr 23, 2018, 3:40 PM

Was walking by Burning Beard location on weekend and the sign in the window has changed from "reno's" to "re-opening in May"....I guess we wait and see if, and in what carnation, it re-opens as....

Old Posted Apr 23, 2018, 5:24 PM
Pure Phase

Quote:
Was walking by Burning Beard location on weekend and the sign in the window has changed from "reno's" to "re-opening in May"....I guess we wait and see if, and in what carnation, it re-opens as....
Ah, that makes this reference to them opening their parking patio in May make more sense....
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskat...tios-1.4630767

Old Posted Apr 23, 2018, 8:22 PM

Anyone know whats happening to the 7-11 on broadway?theres a for sale sign on there and My buddy who manages the extra foods there is curious.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2018, 8:24 PM

Quote:
That location is cursed!!! ....at least until something happens in terms of development in the North end....
thats what i was thinking too. Its a ghost town after you hit 1st ave/23rd street, anything in that area and west up to idylwyld. Im sure if a developer stuck a couple low rise condos it would spark it up a bit and attract businesses.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2018, 1:04 AM
Has been

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellk12 View Post
Anyone know whats happening to the 7-11 on broadway?theres a for sale sign on there and My buddy who manages the extra foods there is curious.
It's a "For Lease" sign, not "For Sale" sign. There are 4 bays in that building so I doubt 7-11 is going anywhere. We can look forward to Big Gulp and chicken wing refuse to decorate the street for some time to come.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2018, 12:38 PM
Unregistered User

Looks like Sushiharu will moving into Sushiro's location off Broadway.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2018, 5:38 PM

Craft brewery sets sights on former Farnam Block site for pub

Phil Tank, Saskatoon StarPhoenix Phil Tank, Saskatoon StarPhoenix
Published on: April 25, 2018 | Last Updated: April 25, 2018 5:00 AM CST

Quote:
A craft brewery wants to locate a brew pub on the site that was once home to one of Saskatoon’s most beloved watering holes.

Prairie Sun Brewery is seeking approval from the city to establish a brew pub in a building planned for a vacant lot on Broadway Avenue that was once home to the Farnam Block.

When the 103-year-old Farnam Block building was torn down three years ago, many mourned the loss of Lydia’s pub, a quirky establishment that offered live music.

“Broadway is the perfect place for a locally owned craft brewery,” Prairie Sun co-owner Heather Williams said in a text message Tuesday.

“We have been looking at every location that came available on Broadway for the past six years, with my realtor, waiting for the perfect fit. I’m honestly shocked that another brewery hasn’t moved in.”

Williams added the brew pub/restaurant will pay homage to Lydia’s.

DeeAnn Mercier, executive director of the Broadway Business Improvement District, said Tuesday she’s “very excited” about the potential of a micro-brewery and restaurant.

“This will be an amenity that will draw a lot of people to the area,” Mercier said in an email.

A tavern with a brew pub is permitted at the Broadway location, but approval requires public consultation and the blessing of Saskatoon city council.

[....]
http://thestarphoenix.com/news/local...k-site-for-pub

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan