HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Skyscraper & Urban Art

Old Posted Jun 19, 2011, 1:51 PM

The World Trade Center - 3D Model

First post here. Hi! I came across this forum during my search for 3D models of the original World Trade Center complex. I noticed that several users here, most notably STR, have their own versions of the complex. I thought I'd share mine, which is a work in progress.

I'll post most of my pictures as thumbnail links to keep things clean. Click to enlarge.

I, unfortunately, do not have access to the original blueprints. I'm using the architectural plans which were leaked in 2007, and they only cover Tower 1. On the upside, there's a plethora of information relating to the complex over at NIST, so I should be able to model the plaza and surrounding buildings with relative accuracy.

Also, the exterior of the towers are not textured yet. I'm using basic VRay materials until I can work out how to apply realistic textures. 2 WTC is, at the moment, a clone of 1 WTC as well.

Here's two structural renders. The first depicts floor spacing, which was typically 12 feet, though it varied for certain floors. This elevation image shows the actual measurements. For the second image, I've cut away elements like the spandrel plates and floor trusses at a certain point to reveal the core columns. They are basically placeholders until I get around to modelling their various dimensions as they run up the building.

And finally, a quick render of the lobby in 1 WTC. The materials, like those on the exterior of the building, are temporary and it's still a work in progress that requires many additional objects.

Last edited by Starkweather; Jun 19, 2011 at 5:14 PM.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2011, 5:17 PM

Wow! That's pretty awesome!! Keep up the good work!

It'll always be the Sears Tower to me.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Skyscraper & Urban Art