HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Aug 14, 2019, 5:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokiehaven View Post
Yeah no ground retail is disappointing.

I know we've got a lot of openings in Midtown, but it would be nice if the option was there if someone provided something a bit more affordable for retailers/restaurants and being on Juniper and 5th could command some lesser rents.
Wait, I thought ground level retail was required now? Yes, we have vacancies, but with the way Midtown is growing, one day those spaces will fill.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2019, 5:56 PM

source: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...lvEnFRmUUf5KRM

Looks like the development near North and COP is underway, if this image is any indication.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2019, 6:07 PM

Did Toll Brothers present any new images last night? I thought their proposal on West Peachtree/Spring just north of 10th was on the docket for the DRC meeting as well.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2019, 7:21 PM

Any word regarding any of the projects proposed by CA Ventures? 903 Juniper or the Student housing tower next to Norfolk-Southern's under construction HQ on Spring...

Old Posted Aug 15, 2019, 1:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3yonce View Post
Did Toll Brothers present any new images last night? I thought their proposal on West Peachtree/Spring just north of 10th was on the docket for the DRC meeting as well.
Looks like their West Peachtree/Spring project addressed the DRC's concerns in the technical documents but didn't issue new renderings.

https://www.midtownatl.com/about/new...-collaboration

Old Posted Aug 15, 2019, 1:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudyJK View Post
Don't be fooled by the nighttime shot; they just added dramatic lighting to the rendering (that will never happen) to a pretty sunset to make a basic blah building appear to look better.
My thoughts exactly.....lipstick on the just ok

Old Posted Aug 15, 2019, 1:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrptree View Post
My thoughts exactly.....lipstick on the just ok
Glad everyone is on board with Atlanta having only trophy buildings in Midtown- we don't need 'affordable' housing here!

Old Posted Aug 15, 2019, 1:25 PM

Amen! Careful you’ll be ostracized if you don’t get inline and complain about every building not being top notch and exclusively for the millionaires.

The next time you are contemplating what the hell went wrong in your life, look in a mirror!

Old Posted Aug 15, 2019, 1:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montydawg View Post
Glad everyone is on board with Atlanta having only trophy buildings in Midtown- we don't need 'affordable' housing here!
I mostly agree with this. It looks decent enough for market rate housing. But Toll Brothers did a better job of creating a better design, provided the project gets built as is.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2019, 2:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montydawg View Post
I guess the L-shape tower with the pool inside the L is the new cut-n-paste glass box.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2019, 3:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlriser View Post
Amen! Careful you’ll be ostracized if you don’t get inline and complain about every building not being top notch and exclusively for the millionaires.
Absolutely ridiculous to associate good design with higher budgets-- Very possible to do good buildings with smaller budgets and awful design with a large budget--

Old Posted Aug 15, 2019, 4:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verge View Post
Absolutely ridiculous to associate good design with higher budgets-- Very possible to do good buildings with smaller budgets and awful design with a large budget--
Hmm, the only Midtown residential projects I think are better than this latest streetlight project are the two Hanover properties, Moderna, the 13th street project, and perhaps the 15th street project across from Arts Center Marta (with awful parking structure). The new Toll Bros proposal and Opus are interesting. The student towers, Post tower, the two residential towers near Cheetah, Icon, the skyhouses, and the various towers close to Piedmont park seem worse in my opinion than this Streetlight proposal.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2019, 5:20 PM

Agree, this building looks like it has potential to be nice looking and stately compared to most of what’s been built the past 6-7 years. I find very little to complain about aesthetically. The building has nice proportions, isn’t obnoxious or overbearing for its surroundings and looks like good quality finishes.

The next time you are contemplating what the hell went wrong in your life, look in a mirror!

Old Posted Aug 15, 2019, 5:31 PM

Quote:
Agree, this building looks like it has potential to be nice looking and stately compared to most of what’s been built the past 6-7 years. I find very little to complain about aesthetically. The building has nice proportions, isn’t obnoxious or overbearing for its surroundings and looks like good quality finishes.
It isn't obnoxious, I agree, so that is a good thing.

Honestly, if a recession hits soonish, all these projects may be changing dramatically if they get started soon.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2019, 7:19 PM

“$350 million mixed-use district planned for Mall at West End. The project is envisioned by a team that includes Atlanta Beltline founder Ryan Gravel.”

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...t-planned.html

Old Posted Aug 15, 2019, 9:16 PM

I've never heard a pack of female dogs howling at the moon like jilted high schools girls who didn't get picked by the star quarterback on prom night.

Give it a rest, already!

Tell your displeasure to the thousands of happy residents who ACTUALLY live in these so-called monstrosities and I'm sure y'all will get your heads served on a platter like hot wings at a dive bar.

It would be interesting to know if any of you actually live in Midtown, or are you just a bunch of suburban NIMBYs?

Old Posted Aug 15, 2019, 9:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Username123 View Post
“$350 million mixed-use district planned for Mall at West End. The project is envisioned by a team that includes Atlanta Beltline founder Ryan Gravel.”

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...t-planned.html
I think this project, along with Underground and other projects south of downtown might just get shelved until Trump's looming recession is over and done with - 2022??

Old Posted Aug 15, 2019, 10:00 PM

Quote:
LOL....the elevations call for "painted stucco" and "stucco over foam" aka EIFS. Aside from the flashy renderings, the reality is these materials aren't really anything different than what's already being built around the city currently- more of the same. Which is fine if the concepts weren't being marketed as "gothic-inspired" - this just falls way short of that.

https://whatnowatlanta.com/streetlig...1-5-th-street/

Old Posted Aug 16, 2019, 11:46 AM

GT Tech Square Phase III moving forward

Old Posted Aug 16, 2019, 11:48 AM

Georgia Tech moving forward with Phase III of Tech Square

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...i-of-tech.html

“Tech Square Phase III will be located on the northwest corner of West Peachtree and Fifth streets. Initial programming envisions a two-tower complex for the first phase, which will likely contain graduate and executive education for the Ernest Scheller Jr. College of Business, the H. Milton Stewart School of Industrial and Systems Engineering, and other programming. The project will likely also include a large plaza with street-level retail and an underground parking deck. Phase III has an estimated cost of about $200 million and would provide more than 400,000 gross square feet. The earliest the building could open would be 2022.“

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations