HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Temple University Morgan Hall in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Philadelphia Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Philadelphia Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jun 17, 2013, 9:23 PM

Old Posted Jul 3, 2013, 9:32 PM

Close to completion

Old Posted Jul 4, 2013, 4:37 AM
Monomania w/ Skyscrapers

Thank you Summer for all the updates. Nice to see this highrise as I come down 95south, really gives the growing Temple campus a nice focal point.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2013, 2:01 AM

Old Posted Jul 19, 2013, 2:03 AM

Old Posted Jul 19, 2013, 1:10 PM

Outstanding shots summersm! Post #164 looks almost like a rendering! You're making me want to trek up to Temple's campus to see this thing in person. One question about the Broad Street facade: It looks a bit monolithic and uninviting from the pictures. Are there any doors in that big wall of glass? Is is transparent enough to invite passing pedestrians to peer inside? What's it like in person?

Old Posted Jul 19, 2013, 4:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insoluble View Post
Outstanding shots summersm! Post #164 looks almost like a rendering! You're making me want to trek up to Temple's campus to see this thing in person. One question about the Broad Street facade: It looks a bit monolithic and uninviting from the pictures. Are there any doors in that big wall of glass? Is is transparent enough to invite passing pedestrians to peer inside? What's it like in person?
Thank you. Unfortunately there are no doors except on the ends.

Here are pictures:

As you can see. The doors are on the ends of the structure, but it's still not bad. You can see inside through the glass and can see the shops/restaurants that will be in the building. So it's still decently inviting. You should take a trip up to Templetown though! The facade is going up on the Wanamaker Tower, I'll get pics of that next time I'm up around Temple. There is so much development going on in and around Temple, it's definitely a nice site to see.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2013, 7:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insoluble View Post
One question about the Broad Street facade: It looks a bit monolithic and uninviting from the pictures. Are there any doors in that big wall of glass? Is is transparent enough to invite passing pedestrians to peer inside? What's it like in person?
I thought the exact same thing. No doors fronting broad street? Inga is not going to be pleased, and rightly so. It looks very sterile and corporate--does not ring cozy east coast college campus to me. What shops/retail are going in?

Old Posted Jul 20, 2013, 9:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonee View Post
I thought the exact same thing. No doors fronting broad street? Inga is not going to be pleased, and rightly so. It looks very sterile and corporate--does not ring cozy east coast college campus to me. What shops/retail are going in?
Count me among those really disappointed by the lack of street-level interaction (with both Morgan Hall and Pearson-McGonigle). I distinctly remember a quote from Temple's administration saying they wanted to "open up Broad Street" and add retail/restaurants to make it a livelier campus. Last I checked there is nothing in Pearson-McGonigle besides a couple of "Retail Space Available" signs behind that unfriendly glass facade. Morgan Hall looks to be no better in that regard. Not exactly the Walnut Street/University City image I had hoped for. They couldn't have executed that plan any worse, in my opinion.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2013, 7:51 PM

Old Posted Jul 23, 2013, 2:08 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Summersm343 where did you take that rooftop shot from? That's a very nice vantage point.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2013, 3:15 PM

Good article and pictures from Hidden City
http://hiddencityphila.org/2013/08/w...rs-in-new-era/

Old Posted Aug 16, 2013, 4:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
Summersm343 where did you take that rooftop shot from? That's a very nice vantage point.
chris, looks like its shot from the top floor window (or the roof?) of Tuttleman Learning Ctr. across the street from the SAC at 13th and Montgomery Ave. i used to do homework in the hallway lounge area there. great views.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2013, 4:56 PM

I agree with the sentiments, just not thrilled by this. I do however need to check out first hand as I am pretty sure I wont recognize the Temple I knew 20 years ago

Old Posted Aug 18, 2013, 4:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge21 View Post
Count me among those really disappointed by the lack of street-level interaction (with both Morgan Hall and Pearson-McGonigle). I distinctly remember a quote from Temple's administration saying they wanted to "open up Broad Street" and add retail/restaurants to make it a livelier campus. Last I checked there is nothing in Pearson-McGonigle besides a couple of "Retail Space Available" signs behind that unfriendly glass facade. Morgan Hall looks to be no better in that regard. Not exactly the Walnut Street/University City image I had hoped for. They couldn't have executed that plan any worse, in my opinion.
Hopefully...

Quote:
The long wall of the commercial building fronting Broad is a monolith of dark glass–the only sour note in the entire project–that doesn’t appear inviting to the pedestrian. Installing a third street entrance in the middle of the block would probably fix that problem. Carney says the idea is being discussed. But she also notes that a significant landscape installation as part of the larger reimagining and relighting of North Broad, is in the works.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2013, 6:40 PM

Another article and it comes with a video
Video Link

http://www.metro.us/philadelphia/new...n-morgan-hall/

Old Posted Aug 21, 2013, 11:47 PM

The interior of the building looks really great. The spaces are very modern, clean and contemporary. It also has great city views, which one would've expected.

Old Posted Aug 25, 2013, 5:36 PM

This is definitely complete and can be moved to the Completed Projects thread. Here are some final send off pictures of the completed building:

http://hiddencityphila.org/2013/08/w...rs-in-new-era/

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive