HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Jul 15, 2016, 7:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshark View Post
Few news from the north,

Edmundston; st hubert express has opened at the grey rock

Bathurst; new mexican restaurant and cafe on st-peters next to the igloo ice cream shop to open up. New toyota dealership on st anne is taking shape, the whole structure is up. Other few rumours going around town about new retail businesses but nothing confirmed as of yet.
The rumors may have something to do with the potentially pending sale of land on St Anne St, and it's not to far away from the Walmart.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2016, 1:51 PM

Do you know which parcel of land?

Rumours I heard where concerning the mall, but so much has been said since zellers closed without anything happening that I am cautious about those rumours

Old Posted Jul 15, 2016, 2:49 PM

Quote:
Do you know which parcel of land?

Rumours I heard where concerning the mall, but so much has been said since zellers closed without anything happening that I am cautious about those rumours
Not certain only know it's near the Walmart, and did hear the rumors about stores in the mall being redefined (lines being redrawn in the Zellers area).

Old Posted Jul 15, 2016, 4:02 PM

If that mall can move, and with the Supermall slated for major renovations in order to accomodate Giant Tiger, this could create much needed suitable retail space in the area.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2016, 4:56 PM

Was up in Edmundston this week end, all the 3 restaurants, burger king, st-hubert express and subway are in operation at the grey rock, this is now one busy spot!

Also there is a taizone food truck in the videotron parking, from what i gathered, its there for the summer and if business was good, could see one poping up in town

Also the old lofood downtown is being renovated, hear would be a dentist office and other retail/office space available

Old Posted Aug 3, 2016, 8:30 PM

Was also in Edmundston this weekend and will be for a while since I got a new job and moved back here. Like you said, the Burger King, St-Hubert Express and Subway truck stop was packed when I went on Monday. Construction on the new arena started Tuesday. So far they have mostly done field prep but it's being done quickly. You can have a look at the webcam located here: http://edmundston.ca/fr/notre-ville/amphitheatre

Old Posted Aug 3, 2016, 10:39 PM

Yes, that part has become the stop for people entering or leaving the maritimes, i wonder how long before we hear of something else around that area, the increase traffic would sure benefit the strip mall that wa built there. I see if has spurred the petro canada to build a bigger gas station but so far, the brunswick mall has been missing big in not being pro-active in finding tennants and stuff. Heard of anything new for the area lately?

Old Posted Aug 3, 2016, 10:45 PM
ハルウララ

2,400 seating capacity for that new arena? That seems like a decent amount. Comparatively Miramichi's Civic Centre is 2,805 and Campbellton's Civic Centre is 3,500. In saying that, two relatively newer rinks in the province are much smaller capacity-wise (Carleton Civic Centre at 836 and Garcelon Civic Centre at 1,050).

Old Posted Aug 3, 2016, 11:00 PM

Ya 2400 is about what the old forum used to hold i think, if it would have been the only one in the city i would have found it a bit small but its the 3rd ice surface in the city, other than a high school team and possibly a senior hockey team( revival of the eskimo's) it will rarely see full capacity other than the playoffs. They want to use it more as a concert venue than hockey, with 3700 capacity for concerts.

Old Posted Aug 3, 2016, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Yes, that part has become the stop for people entering or leaving the maritimes, i wonder how long before we hear of something else around that area, the increase traffic would sure benefit the strip mall that wa built there. I see if has spurred the petro canada to build a bigger gas station but so far, the brunswick mall has been missing big in not being pro-active in finding tennants and stuff. Heard of anything new for the area lately?
Most of the people are hoping that he will sell it soon but that seems out of the question for now as he is investing in the ventilation system. He is also the one investing in the Petro-Canada as apparently they had no desire to expand the former station. I went inside 2 weeks ago and it looks horrible in there.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2016, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHikka View Post
2,400 seating capacity for that new arena? That seems like a decent amount. Comparatively Miramichi's Civic Centre is 2,805 and Campbellton's Civic Centre is 3,500. In saying that, two relatively newer rinks in the province are much smaller capacity-wise (Carleton Civic Centre at 836 and Garcelon Civic Centre at 1,050).
I would have preferred a bigger seating capacity but I don't think it would have been worth it. 2,400 for hockey and 3,700 for concerts sounds good. I would not be surprised if they have a plan to upgrade seating capacity in the form of private boxes just in case but considering they are eyeing Junior A and not a Q team I think 2,400 seats is perfect.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2016, 12:11 AM

Yes, I dont think it was ever renovated, he had the opportunity to sell to plaza corp about 10 years ago, his asking price was just too much for what it was and for the money that was needed to put in repairs and reno's

Old Posted Aug 4, 2016, 12:49 AM
ハルウララ

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3nZ View Post
I would have preferred a bigger seating capacity but I don't think it would have been worth it. 2,400 for hockey and 3,700 for concerts sounds good. I would not be surprised if they have a plan to upgrade seating capacity in the form of private boxes just in case but considering they are eyeing Junior A and not a Q team I think 2,400 seats is perfect.
I find the propsect of a Q team in Edmundston highly, highly, highly unlikely. The Q spent most of the past 20 years relocating out of smaller areas like Edmundston.

A Maritime Junior A team in Edmundston would almost certainly come at the expense of Campbellton. The MHL seems pretty content with their current 12 team format and it seems to work well for them as is.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2016, 9:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHikka View Post
I find the propsect of a Q team in Edmundston highly, highly, highly unlikely. The Q spent most of the past 20 years relocating out of smaller areas like Edmundston.

A Maritime Junior A team in Edmundston would almost certainly come at the expense of Campbellton. The MHL seems pretty content with their current 12 team format and it seems to work well for them as is.
I try to never say never but like you I find it highly unlikely. Fredericton should be their next market.

It's been said recently that the MHL isn't really looking to expand at the moment and a move would be more likely. Now the question is, what team is or has been having problems drawing fans and creating revenues?

Old Posted Aug 15, 2016, 5:11 AM

A New TimHortons in Kent County?

I heard from Family that there is supposed to be a new TimHortons built in Saint-Louis. If this is true the plus side will be that it will add a few jobs in an area that does not seem to have much. It seems a little strange in these communities to have 3 Tim Hortons 2 Bouctouche, and Richibucto are 16 Minutes apart, and Richibucto-Saint-Louis's potential location would be 8-10 minutes apart. But I'm sure with how busy the other 2 locations are almost all the time specially weekends, and summer months a third location probably wont hurt.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2016, 2:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
I heard from Family that there is supposed to be a new TimHortons built in Saint-Louis. If this is true the plus side will be that it will add a few jobs in an area that does not seem to have much. It seems a little strange in these communities to have 3 Tim Hortons 2 Bouctouche, and Richibucto are 16 Minutes apart, and Richibucto-Saint-Louis's potential location would be 8-10 minutes apart. But I'm sure with how busy the other 2 locations are almost all the time specially weekends, and summer months a third location probably wont hurt.
There is always enough demand for another Timmy's literally anywhere.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2016, 2:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco401 View Post
There is always enough demand for another Timmy's literally anywhere.
Coming soon: Tim Horton's on a little platform built off the middle of the Confederation Bridge.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2016, 3:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ire Narissis View Post
Coming soon: Tim Horton's on a little platform built off the middle of the Confederation Bridge.
Both sides of the bridge, so people won't have to cross lanes to get in the drivethru.

And it would probably be the busiest Tim's for klicks around.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2016, 4:05 PM

With the new arena in Edmunston, anybody think there is a chance for a maritime junior A hockey league team to locate there?

Old Posted Aug 15, 2016, 4:50 PM

They are currently building a new Tims, Irving and Circle K at exit 69 (St. Ignace-St.Louis) Highway 11. This is an exact copy of the one recently built on Mapleton in Moncton. Remember that this is the last "stop" before Miramichi and will be right off the highway, so I expect this to be quite busy. Stay tuned!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces