HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Apr 11, 2012, 10:16 PM
What could go wrong?

.....ahhhh, you guys, that is some funny shit right there,
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Apr 11, 2012, 11:04 PM
I am a typical

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew View Post
Just an FYI, use promo code "PW30" to get 30% off your order...
Fuck sake. I got mine this morning. Winnipeg looks much bigger when it appears draped across my large belly. Definitely need to re-lose all that weight.

Whenever 1ajs gets his employment situation sorted out we'll be announcing a get together. Stay tuned.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2012, 1:49 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Quote:
^ yeah, I guess that was a bit late. Although in my defense I just ordered a t-shirt from there after seeing your post above, and when it came time to checkout, I googled for promo codes and that one came up, and surprisingly it worked.

Oh, and hide that cross bracing inside the wall.

what wall

Old Posted Apr 12, 2012, 1:33 PM
the first stamp is free

^ the proverbial wall.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2012, 1:41 PM
Dynamic Positivity!

Quote:
^ the proverbial wall.
Along with the proverbial cross bracing and proverbial plant.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2012, 1:42 PM

Saskatchewan average wage earnings highest on record.

http://www.gov.sk.ca/news?newsId=efa...3-084000521e0b

Old Posted Apr 12, 2012, 2:38 PM
the first stamp is free

Feds pull plug on MB provincial nominee program...

Not good news for long term immigration to MB. Also, classic 90's that the office was relocated to Calgary. Wonder whose constituency is in Calgary...

Who voted for these guys?

Manitoba 'worried' about federal immigration changes

Quote:
As part of the wave of budget cuts happening across the province, the federal Citizenship and Immigration Department office in Winnipeg will be relocated to Calgary.

'Our concern is it will turn off the taps on the Provincial Nominee Program.'—Rachel Morgan. government spokeswoman

Ottawa is also cancelling an agreement with Manitoba that allows the province to run its highly-successful Provincial Nominee Program (PNP).

Under the program, Ottawa paid Manitoba to provide settlement service for newcomers.

"It could have a huge impact on immigration here. Our concern is it will turn off the taps on the Provincial Nominee Program," said government spokeswoman Rachel Morgan.

"It's not going to happen overnight but we're worried."

Old Posted Apr 12, 2012, 3:09 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

the cons sure are making a mess and who ever takes their place is going to have a hell of a time cause by then the affects will start to be really felt and will take yrs to deal with

Old Posted Apr 12, 2012, 7:30 PM

Quote:
Not good news for long term immigration to MB. Also, classic 90's that the office was relocated to Calgary. Wonder whose constituency is in Calgary...

Who voted for these guys?

Manitoba 'worried' about federal immigration changes
i wonder if it has anything to do with the manitoba nominee program issues that minister kinney was talking about?

Old Posted Apr 12, 2012, 8:17 PM
the first stamp is free

^ not sure. please enlighten us.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2012, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ajs View Post
the cons sure are making a mess and who ever takes their place is going to have a hell of a time cause by then the affects will start to be really felt and will take yrs to deal with
I respectfully disagree with your statements (as do a huge majority of western Canadians and Ontarioans). The Conservatives have been in power for the last 6 and 1/2 years and during that time, Canada has been one of the few bright spots financially in the western world. Their policies and focus on the economy have allowed Canada to continue to have the revenues to continue to finance our world class system of social programs as well. Not to mention a low rate of personal and corporate taxation which leaves more money in the hands of people who can spend it far more wisely than the government (despite Scott Reid's rant about welfare mothers spending child support payments on beer and popcorn).

Yes, I am a Conservative supporter, but clearly many on this site are not and they make that clear in their comments. I do not like partisan politics, but there are almost always two sides to every story and it is important to hear all views. While the Liberals did a good job of balancing the budget in the mid 90's, remember that they did it by eliminating twice as many jobs as the Conservatives are now, and by offloading huge costs to the provinces, and also by stealing hundreds of millions of dollars from the public service pension fund. And don't even get me started on the financial mess that Trudeau left this country in.

Sorry for the rant, but I think that this thread needs some balance. OK, I'm ready to be slammed now as a knuckle dragging, neo-con facist

Old Posted Apr 12, 2012, 10:41 PM
I am a typical

Ontarioans!

Actually, most Ontarians (at least those who know of it) look to Manitoba's nominee programme as a model to follow. If the government shuts it down, it won't bode well for their fortunes here in the province that gave them a majority. Dalton McGuinty has become progressively devolutionist in the past few years, and while most Ontarians dislike him, that is one area where we do agree with the premier across part lines, so seeing the federal government revoke rights of the provinces won't help the Conservatives here.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2012, 11:25 PM
Hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by khabibulin View Post
I respectfully disagree with your statements (as do a huge majority of western Canadians and Ontarioans). The Conservatives have been in power for the last 6 and 1/2 years and during that time, Canada has been one of the few bright spots financially in the western world. Their policies and focus on the economy have allowed Canada to continue to have the revenues to continue to finance our world class system of social programs as well. Not to mention a low rate of personal and corporate taxation which leaves more money in the hands of people who can spend it far more wisely than the government (despite Scott Reid's rant about welfare mothers spending child support payments on beer and popcorn).

Yes, I am a Conservative supporter, but clearly many on this site are not and they make that clear in their comments. I do not like partisan politics, but there are almost always two sides to every story and it is important to hear all views. While the Liberals did a good job of balancing the budget in the mid 90's, remember that they did it by eliminating twice as many jobs as the Conservatives are now, and by offloading huge costs to the provinces, and also by stealing hundreds of millions of dollars from the public service pension fund. And don't even get me started on the financial mess that Trudeau left this country in.

Sorry for the rant, but I think that this thread needs some balance. OK, I'm ready to be slammed now as a knuckle dragging, neo-con facist
I do not ascribe to any one party... in fact, I have voted for a different party in every election I've participated in... but I wouldn't really give the conservatives credit for our stability. They actually relaxed lending rules when they got into office and have had to tighten them back up after they saw what happened in the States. I give them credit for reversing their changes, but in my opinion we would be a lot less stable now if they had been in power earlier and those relaxed rules had more time to permeate the system.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2012, 7:57 PM

Quote:
^ not sure. please enlighten us.
Minister kinney was in sask. the other day and said there was abuses across the country with the program like this. he stated in manitoba there was many cases were people came thru the nominee program jsut to get united with family members. they used certain employers to make it look as if they were entering the country for work. he sighted 20 people in one case from a family. they r investigating he said.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2012, 10:17 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Quote:
Originally Posted by khabibulin View Post

and i will respect u back fine sir

can i put in something thats rarely accounted for though

yes we have had a stable economy but didn't all these policies that have aloud us to be the as stable as we have been been set by the lybrals in the first place such as regulating the banks...

what

Old Posted Apr 13, 2012, 10:20 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Quote:
Originally Posted by micheal View Post
Minister kinney was in sask. the other day and said there was abuses across the country with the program like this. he stated in manitoba there was many cases were people came thru the nominee program jsut to get united with family members. they used certain employers to make it look as if they were entering the country for work. he sighted 20 people in one case from a family. they r investigating he said.

personaly i think we need to get rid of boarders and allow people to freely move

Old Posted Apr 14, 2012, 12:30 AM
I am a typical

Before I make this post, I would just like to ask everyone to please use proper spelling and grammar. I come from a region of cousin fuckers and I have better English skills than most of the posters on this page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by micheal View Post
Yes, this does happen across the country. It is a result of not properly and thoroughly screening applicants. Closing offices and laying off staff in Winnipeg and Thunder Bay (there will be a gap between Toronto and Calgary, the dividing line is the provincial border) is only going to overburden the remaining staff in the few cities that continue to have immigration offices, and could potentially make the problem worse.

Manitoba's provincial nominee programme has been working quite well. Northern Ontario's half-assed equivalent has also been marginally successful. Removing the immigration offices for our regions will hurt our ability to attract immigrants, and that will hurt our economy. Many new doctors in Thunder Bay are from South Asia. We also have a doctor shortage. Making it more difficult for people to immigrate to this region by having immigrations services so far away isn't going to help us attract more doctors. Winnipeg is probably in a similar situation.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2012, 3:33 PM
Dynamic Positivity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post
Many new doctors in Thunder Bay are from South Asia. We also have a doctor shortage. Making it more difficult for people to immigrate to this region by having immigrations services so far away isn't going to help us attract more doctors. Winnipeg is probably in a similar situation.
Doctors and other trained professionals will never have problems with immigration.

It is the unskilled individuals that may have a tougher time coming to Canada now.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2012, 8:32 PM
I am a typical

The unskilled individuals are the families of the doctors.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2012, 2:08 AM

"Small Town Friendly, Big Town Fun" Does anyone else see the problem with this quote?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan