HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Engineering

Old Posted Apr 28, 2009, 4:26 PM

Energy-generating Windows

Hi, I am a student at the University of Pennsylvania, currently enrolled in an Engineering Entrepreneurship class. For our term project, my team is planning to develop a (hypothetical) product – high efficiency windows coated with a dye with PV cells that will generate energy. For our research, we are conducting a conjoint analysis for this product, and it would greatly benefit us if green consumers could fill out the survey for our product.

Here is the link for the consumer survey for those who would be interested in purchasing the product for homes, etc.
http://www.upennengrent.com/~pennsea...n/SolWlogn.htm

Here is the link for the corporate survey for those affiliated with architecture companies, window installers, or companies interested in purchasing the product.
http://www.upennengrent.com/~pennsea...p/Corplogn.htm

Thank you!

Old Posted Apr 28, 2009, 10:10 PM
BANNED

ok, I did the top survey. I will do the other one tomorrow when I am waiting for my plane. I was going to ask before the survey how does this effect light tresspass throught the windows. This would of course block daylighting, and in effect cause more lighting load which would take away from the power you are getting from the windows.

However, through the survey I see that is what you are studying. I choosed more light tresspass with less savings. One reason is I would actually pay to have my building naturally lit, so I wouldn't want the 20% tresspass. I tried to balance it out where I could get maybe even 35% with great savings.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Engineering