HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Business & the Economy

Old Posted Dec 18, 2013, 7:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrad Yablonski View Post
Well we know now who's invested their pension cheques in those towers said to going into Whalley-aka the Lower Mainland's N*xt B*g Th*ng.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrad Yablonski View Post
Surrey is the Armpit of British Columbia and that's a fact.
Surrey must really strike a nerve with you. I don't know what Surrey did to you but I do hope you get over your animosity towards the city.

You should actually visit South Surrey and other areas of Surrey first-hand before you make those sweeping comments that generalize Surrey.

I have to agree with the numerous previous posters in regards to South Surrey/ White Rock/ Morgan Creek; those neighborhoods are very affluent, so I'm not surprised that there could be plans to open up a Whole Foods there.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2013, 7:52 AM

Morgan Place

http://jka.cc/public-hospitality/morgan-place

I gotta say - this website is a bit shitty - the grammatical errors really stand out. Is this project for real - or is this just some wannabe architect trying to fluff up his portfolio?

Old Posted Dec 19, 2013, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecdn View Post
http://jka.cc/public-hospitality/morgan-place

I gotta say - this website is a bit shitty - the grammatical errors really stand out. Is this project for real - or is this just some wannabe architect trying to fluff up his portfolio?
This is just a proposed project at this point and you won't see it coming out of the ground anytime soon. There are some major servicing issues that need to be worked out and funded first.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2013, 1:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecdn View Post
I tend to think that no one proofreads content on the internet very thoroughly. It's also representative of the decline of the education system generally that the general population have poor grammar skills.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2013, 5:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by officedweller View Post
I tend to think that no one proofreads content on the internet very thoroughly. It's also representative of the decline of the education system generally that the general population have poor grammar skills.
True enough! That website is SO bad though, that I almost want to email the guy and tell him to learn some basic business grammar. Where do I even start? There's capitalization where there shouldn't be, business names are spelled incorrectly, improper pluralization of words, it's just awful! I'm surprised the dude can even spell his own name properly!

Old Posted Dec 20, 2013, 3:37 AM

I see it as a very Surrey website-POFS site for a POFS location.

Of course I read right here that none of what I believe is true and that Surrey is in fact a thriving yet genteel economic powerhouse-which goes against anything I've ever seen in the place going back to the early 70's.

Old Posted Dec 24, 2013, 10:28 AM

Article on Robson Street - Lululemon flagship, Tesla and bebe's vacancy

Tesla, flagship Lululemon store to revitalize Robson Street
2015 opening of major Nordstrom outlet shifting centre of downtown shopping strip east
Quote:
Tesla Motors is planning to open its second Canadian showroom in April in a 1,500-square-foot space formerly occupied by an H20+ skin-care boutique, between Burrard and Hornby streets | PHOTO © Dominic Schaefer
By Glen Korstrom Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:30am PST

Robson Street is regaining its swagger as Vancouver’s hip shopping strip with a Tesla Motors showroom and a flagship Lululemon store set to open near the world’s second-largest Victoria’s Secret, at Burrard Street.

A 12,000-square-foot Old Navy store opened at the corner of Granville and Robson streets last month, and renovations continue at Pacific Centre, between Granville and Howe streets, so Nordstrom Inc. (NYSE:JWN) can open its 230,000-square-foot department store in spring 2015.

Those retailers are adding a cachet to nearby blocks stretching west up Robson Street, where lease transactions have started to top $200 per square foot. Prime retail space on South Granville currently leases for approximately $125 per square foot.

Electric car maker Tesla has leased space to open its second Canadian showroom in April in a 1,500-square-foot space formerly occupied by an H20+ skin-care boutique, between Burrard and Hornby streets. Tesla opened its first Canadian showroom in Toronto’s posh Yorkdale Mall last year.

“By being in high-traffic areas, we’re able to pique the interest of people,” Tesla spokesman Patrick Jones told Business in Vancouver. “That launches us into a whole sales strategy which is more about educating consumers about electric vehicles rather than pushing a product on them.”

The trendy electric car maker (Nasdaq:TSLA) has attracted A-list celebrities Arnold Schwarzenegger and Morgan Freeman as customers and been a stock market darling.

Sales have consistently exceeded estimates, helping its share price more than triple this year despite a recent controversy about its batteries catching fire and complaints about glitches from former Tesla Roadster owner and movie star George Clooney.

“They will sell cars, but the Robson Street location is really meant to showcase their brand,” said Dig360 Consulting Ltd. retail analyst David Gray. “Victoria’s Secret is doing the same thing, although you can pay your rent a lot faster by selling a few Tesla cars than you can by selling bras.”

Tesla cars range in price from about $74,000 up to more than $133,000.

Lululemon, meanwhile, plans to build a flagship store across the street from the 30,000-square-foot, four-month-old Victoria’s Secret and the future Tesla store.

City of Vancouver staff confirmed to BIV that the yoga-wear giant (TSX:LLL; Nasdaq:LULU) has applied for a building permit for a site on the southeast corner of Burrard and Robson streets, where there is a Blenz coffee shop. The store will also include some of the empty space formerly occupied by New Balance.

More change will soon come on the southwest corner of Robson and Burrard streets, where female fashion retailer Bebe has opted not to renew its lease.

“The Bebe site is really the big story,” said CBRE senior vice-president Mario Negris. “Here we have one of the highest-profile locations on the street and all of a sudden it’s vacant – 4,000 square feet on the ground floor and a 1,000-square-foot mezzanine.”
http://www.biv.com/article/20131223/...-robson-street

Old Posted Dec 24, 2013, 2:47 PM

Any ETA on when the Tesla store will be open?

Old Posted Dec 24, 2013, 5:27 PM
More Towers

Last edited by spm2013; Nov 16, 2014 at 7:41 PM.

Old Posted Dec 24, 2013, 5:50 PM

Sorry thanks for the update.

Old Posted Dec 24, 2013, 6:24 PM

i doubt bebe's spot will sit empty for as long as the old esprit spot did - great spot for someone

Old Posted Dec 24, 2013, 9:41 PM

It would be nice if the site were consolidated with the former White Spot building next door and redeveloped.

Old Posted Dec 24, 2013, 11:03 PM

Maybe things are looking up on Robson. Sophora is under construction now and after Lulu moves there will another area that will be rebuilt. I would love to see all the old building removed and rebuilt. I still think Alberni is the gem of shopping with Robson the cousin

Old Posted Dec 26, 2013, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by officedweller View Post
It would be nice if the site were consolidated with the former White Spot building next door and redeveloped.
Throw in the le Chateau space too.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2013, 11:42 PM

Yeah, that's right - Bebe is landlocked on the corner.

Old Posted Jan 1, 2014, 3:43 AM

From the Wall Street Journal:

Quote:
December 30, 2013, 1:59 PM
In Canadian Retail, Will 2014 be Nordstrom’s Year?
Nothing new in the article.

http://blogs.wsj.com/canadarealtime/...rdstroms-year/

Old Posted Jan 1, 2014, 10:09 PM
More Towers

Old Posted Jan 3, 2014, 8:18 PM
More Towers

Old Posted Jan 3, 2014, 9:02 PM

The Blenz/NB/HMV spaces to be replaced by the Lulu flagship have all been vacated.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2014, 9:50 PM

That hmv wasn't there long. Are they planning opening up another store.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Business & the Economy