HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Dec 6, 2018, 5:31 PM
Resident Moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by khowaga View Post
Oh, gosh, YES. Or if they'd legalize running over idiots. Either/or. (I'm kidding. Kind of.)

They also need better enforcement of the no waiting rules. When I came in the other day, there were a lot of people parked down at L and M, as if the rules don't apply down there because they're "out of the way."

Yeah, in the "bubble" area I agree - it's better in the piers. I'm hoping the end to the construction in the food court and where the performance stage is will ease the situation.

Southwest certainly didn't help by putting in those massive chairs. I get that they're comfy and have charging ports, but they take up a ridiculous amount of space in the waiting area. It's like they've got one chair where 6 could go.
Yeah, I'm Delta 99.9% of the time and the waiting down there bugs the hell out of me because it makes it hard for my car to get to me and that's where my bags wind up.

The entire Austin airport needs a redesign (which they are doing), but the amount of time it takes for bags to arrive, how difficult it is to park to meet someone and load of factors seem to lead most drivers to just loop around the lot incessantly because it's too hard to park and get out to pick someone up.

It's so so so stupid.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2018, 8:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoOgE View Post
Yeah, I'm Delta 99.9% of the time and the waiting down there bugs the hell out of me because it makes it hard for my car to get to me and that's where my bags wind up.

The entire Austin airport needs a redesign (which they are doing), but the amount of time it takes for bags to arrive, how difficult it is to park to meet someone and load of factors seem to lead most drivers to just loop around the lot incessantly because it's too hard to park and get out to pick someone up.

It's so so so stupid.
I think a big part of this is that the cell lot is not the most intuitive to get to (best reached from the exit before the main airport entrance off 71), nor is it well signed from the main entrance if you forget or overshoot the turn. Honestly, they didn’t even do that good of a job of letting people know it was open.

But, yes, if you’re planning to park and walk in to meet someone...fuggetaboutit.

I honestly cannot tell if baggage processing here is slower than normal, or if it’s just that it seems to take longer because the baggage claim is closer to the gates so you’re standing still and waiting for a longer portion of the time (as opposed to bigger airports where it takes longer to reach baggage claim so your standing time is shorter).

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin