HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Jul 26, 2017, 3:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummer View Post
Not a fan of Hard Rock coming back to Austin, but if it were to come, I could see it trying the Domain also.
Still, I like the museum part of them. I've been to the Chicago and London Hard Rocks, and maybe if I recall, one in DC if they have one, and it was amazing wondering around gawking at the displays with a drink in my hand. Having had a band myself, and growing up during the classic rock era, it was like my mecca. All those iconic items on display left me speechless. The Music Capital of the world deserves / needs a permanent place to display such memorabilia.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2017, 8:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Genral View Post
Still, I like the museum part of them. I've been to the Chicago and London Hard Rocks, and maybe if I recall, one in DC if they have one, and it was amazing wondering around gawking at the displays with a drink in my hand. Having had a band myself, and growing up during the classic rock era, it was like my mecca. All those iconic items on display left me speechless. The Music Capital of the world deserves / needs a permanent place to display such memorabilia.
I agree. Broken Spoke and Antones have little mini-museums in them which is neat (Antone's is more like a gift shop though). But yeah, this town needs something with permanent exhibits like the SRV one.

Heck, even Lubbock has the Buddy Holly Museum. Small, but a lot bigger than what we have.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2017, 1:55 AM
World Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookem View Post
I agree. Broken Spoke and Antones have little mini-museums in them which is neat (Antone's is more like a gift shop though). But yeah, this town needs something with permanent exhibits like the SRV one.

Heck, even Lubbock has the Buddy Holly Museum. Small, but a lot bigger than what we have.
I love that clubs have some of their own memorabilia. However, I'd still like to see a purpose-built museum for music in Austin - music of all kinds from Austin and around the state. Each club will focus on the kind of music played at that particular club as well as the club's history - which is beyond cool, in my opinion. However, an all-inclusive place with both permanent and temporary features would be cool to have.

I do think that Congress would be a great place for it, specifically by the Bullock, but if not that, then definitely downtown. I don't want to throw this one out to the surrounding areas or the suburbs.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2017, 3:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummer View Post
I do think that Congress would be a great place for it, specifically by the Bullock, but if not that, then definitely downtown. I don't want to throw this one out to the surrounding areas or the suburbs.
Like our glorious Austin Aquarium?

Old Posted Jul 27, 2017, 5:22 AM
World Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Genral View Post
Like our glorious Austin Aquarium?
That's still there?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin