HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Apr 5, 2018, 2:04 PM

760 Ralph McGill DRI Documents:

ARC Preliminary Report: http://documents.atlantaregional.com...DRI%202801.pdf

GRTA Required Traffic Study: http://documents.atlantaregional.com...DRI%202801.pdf

Old Posted Apr 5, 2018, 2:07 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by alco89 View Post
Operations Center
https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...-to-5-000.html

A few pages back atlanta3000 mentioned he had intel on Atlanta being selected:
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...postcount=7390
Google owns (not leases) over 3m sf in Manhattan. It's their largest location outside of its HQ.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2018, 3:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbab View Post
760 Ralph McGill DRI Documents:

ARC Preliminary Report: http://documents.atlantaregional.com...DRI%202801.pdf

GRTA Required Traffic Study: http://documents.atlantaregional.com...DRI%202801.pdf
Looks like from the site plan attached in the DRI/Traffic Study that the indeed the BeltLine Gateway connection will be built over as well for a part of this project.

They're providing an elevated bike/pedestrian path through the site as well as providing steps from the Beltline but it's worth noting this will cut off the current Gateway Trail connection in it's current state.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2018, 4:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctk2014 View Post
Looks like from the site plan attached in the DRI/Traffic Study that the indeed the BeltLine Gateway connection will be built over as well for a part of this project.
I have studied this plan and the survey marks on the property. It appears they will preserve the two large oak trees accross the Beltline from the two urban licks. These are my favorite trees along the EST and I’m glad they will be incorporating them into the project. Also, it appears all parking will be underground or hidden

Old Posted Apr 5, 2018, 5:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montydawg View Post
I have studied this plan and the survey marks on the property. It appears they will preserve the two large oak trees accross the Beltline from the two urban licks. These are my favorite trees along the EST and I’m glad they will be incorporating them into the project. Also, it appears all parking will be underground or hidden
Currently, the site plan does indicate a lot of disturbance within close proximity to these trees.

Based on the age of those trees you would need a relatively large radius of no disturbance that the site plan currently does not provide.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2018, 5:45 PM

The current gateway trail is supposed to be rekajiggered when the Masquerade development is completed where it will instead terminate near the corner restaurant/retail space of the apartment building.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2018, 6:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeanuts View Post
The current gateway trail is supposed to be rekajiggered when the Masquerade development is completed where it will instead terminate near the corner restaurant/retail space of the apartment building.

Yes, the termination point of the gateway trail will open up into a plaza connecting to the North & Line Apartments. But most of the existing serpentine portion of the trail connection will be built over by the GA Power site redevelopment. So basically they spent a lot of money putting in the trail connection a few years ago to only have to demolish most of it once the GA Power site comes on board.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2018, 6:15 PM

I was at the O4W meeting where Jim Irwin discussed this. They will preserve the trees on "three tree hill," the elevated new path that goes into the park is intended to be for bikes, and Jim mentioned that they were planning to make large cascading "spanish style" steps that would connect the beltline to a plaza below. I assume that the spanish steps will be replacing the current path that snakes from the park to the beltline.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2018, 8:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neighbor View Post
I was at the O4W meeting where Jim Irwin discussed this. They will preserve the trees on "three tree hill," the elevated new path that goes into the park is intended to be for bikes, and Jim mentioned that they were planning to make large cascading "spanish style" steps that would connect the beltline to a plaza below. I assume that the spanish steps will be replacing the current path that snakes from the park to the beltline.
No doubt that's been communicated - even the visuals illustrate the elevated pathway and the "spanish style" steps cascading into the site, but the site plan leaves little room for tree protection along the "three oak hill".

Old Posted Apr 5, 2018, 9:48 PM

Old Posted Apr 5, 2018, 10:13 PM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post
It is also being reported Amazon had site visits in Nashville and Raleigh in addition to Atlanta last week. Also, Indianpolis the week prior. They are visiting New York/Newark this week. That leaves Miami, Pittsburgh and LA.
And Columbus.

According to the source in the below article, Amazon was there during the Woman's Final Four this past weekend...

http://www.dispatch.com/business/201...e-crowned-soon

Also, a couple experts they spoke with believe a decision should be imminent (by no later than May).

Old Posted Apr 5, 2018, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctk2014 View Post
No doubt that's been communicated - even the visuals illustrate the elevated pathway and the "spanish style" steps cascading into the site, but the site plan leaves little room for tree protection along the "three oak hill".
The three oak trees are on a very high hill with a 10+ drop off on both sides. The building will be built several feet away from the base of the hill so I have no worries. The north side hospital facility had a larger oak tree close to the foundation and they did a good job of protecting it during construction

Old Posted Apr 6, 2018, 12:22 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyscraperpage17 View Post
And Columbus.

According to the source in the below article, Amazon was there during the Woman's Final Four this past weekend...

http://www.dispatch.com/business/201...e-crowned-soon

Also, a couple experts they spoke with believe a decision should be imminent (by no later than May).
I'm sure that Amazon already knows where it's going. Boston makes the most sense, but the Maryland suburbs of DC just sweetened the pot by offering over $8 billion.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2018, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMKeynes View Post
I'm sure that Amazon already knows where it's going. Boston makes the most sense, but the Maryland suburbs of DC just sweetened the pot by offering over $8 billion.
>>Boston makes the most sense. Really?

Old Posted Apr 6, 2018, 1:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpk1292000 View Post
>>Boston makes the most sense. Really?
Boston doesn't make the most sense based upon Amazon's criteria. But I think either Boston or suburban DC / Va. gets it. Atlanta makes the most sense based on what they say they want (logistics). But I really don't think they will pick the deep south.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2018, 4:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlHeel View Post
Boston doesn't make the most sense based upon Amazon's criteria. But I think either Boston or suburban DC / Va. gets it. Atlanta makes the most sense based on what they say they want (logistics). But I really don't think they will pick the deep south.
Inferiority complex ? South Shame ?

Old Posted Apr 6, 2018, 11:23 AM

320-acre Development Set to Take Off by Airport (College Park)

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...y-airport.html

Quote:
The city of College Park is launching a $500 million-plus mixed-use development on 320 acres, with potential to create thousands of jobs and representing a major step in making the region’s “Aerotropolis” vision of concentrated development around Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport a reality.

The development site is on the north side of Camp Creek Parkway, west of Interstate 85 and Hartsfield-Jackson and across from the Georgia International Convention Center. About 250 acres are developable, with the remainder including the city’s nine-hole golf course and green space.

There is enough land available to accommodate Amazon.com Inc.’s proposed HQ2, which requires 100 acres and 8 million square feet. The project was not ready in time to be included on the list of suggested sites Atlanta and Georgia submitted to the online retail giant in 2017, but nonetheless the welcome mat is out if the Amazon advance team should choose to return.

At least one other corporate headquarters is interested.

The project can also connect to the Atlanta Beltline through the extension of existing trails and completion of trail projects already underway in the Aerotropolis area.

sked for a low estimate of jobs potentially created, Jones cited 3,500-5,000. The mayor thought 5,000-plus was conservative.

The project will include 4 million square feet of office, including corporate office, international headquarters, laboratories, medical and medical office; 1,000 keys of hospitality; 600,000 square feet of retail and entertainment, including street front retail, neighborhood shopping centers, freestanding retail, restaurants and entertainment; and 1,000 units of residential including townhomes, single-family, senior housing and multi-family, with price points from $200,000 to $400,000.

The development’s amenities will include multiple public spaces, multi-use nature trails connected to a regional trail system, and autonomous electric shuttle vehicles connecting the development with the Atlanta Hawks’ G-League arena, GICC and the airport. College Park has a grant to build a bridge from the GICC over Camp Creek Parkway to a walking path to the MARTA station. A transit study includes looking at extending the Skytrain to the development, and throughout Aerotropolis.
I'm hoping they keep more of the original street grid in place (and expand it) and not go with the "suburban office park" style shown in some areas of the drawing. Regardless, this would be MASSIVE for the area.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2018, 11:26 AM

Developers plan $300M in projects at neglected corridor by Bankhead MARTA

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...head-area.html

Quote:
More than $300 million is poised to flow into a neglected corridor by the Bankhead MARTA station.

A development team that includes Atlanta-based homebuilder Brock Built is planning two large mixed-use projects that would bookend Donald Lee Hollowell Parkway, an area near Georgia Tech that’s struggled with crime and poverty.

The first site is about 18 acres and is bounded by Donald Lee Hollowell, Jefferson Street, Northside Drive and James P. Brawley Drive. It sits across railroad tracks from a boom of development in West Midtown. The rezoning application for the property calls for 150,000 square feet of commercial/retail space, 325,000 square feet of office, 130 hotel rooms, 40 townhomes and 765 multifamily units.

The other site is about 15 acres and is bounded by Donald Lee Hollowell, North Avenue and Finley Avenue. It sits near Maddox Park and a future trail spur of the Beltline. The rezoning request calls for 120,000 square feet of commercial space, 385,000 square feet of office space, 150 hotel rooms and 700 multifamily units.

“We are just at the beginning stages of taking this to market,” DeFoor said. The team could break ground around the first quarter of 2019, he said.

Townhomes could range from $550,000 to $600,000, Brock said. Apartments may fetch $1.80 to $2.25 per square foot, DeFoor said. About 15 percent would be affordable units, he said, per city mandates.
I think someone mentioned the site at Hollowell and Northside recently. So much momentum picking up over there!

Old Posted Apr 6, 2018, 11:50 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlHeel View Post
Boston definitely makes the most sense. It is the higher education capital of the world. It’s a stunning, vibrant city that young people want to live in. It has flights to everywhere in the world, and the second best mass transit system in the US. Atl’s only advantage is the cost of living and the money that Ga will likely give it.

I really like Atl., but Boston is a much better city (cost aside), and it’s a way better for Amazon.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2018, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMKeynes View Post
Boston definitely makes the most sense. It is the higher education capital of the world. It’s a stunning, vibrant city that young people want to live in. It has flights to everywhere in the world, and the second best mass transit system in the US. Atl’s only advantage is the cost of living and the money that Ga will likely give it.

I really like Atl., but Boston is a much better city (cost aside), and it’s a way better for Amazon.
So you like Boston. Everyone has a favorite city.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations