HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Nov 29, 2016, 5:05 PM

Regarding the SLS Hotel, they filed to demo the apartment complex

Old Posted Nov 29, 2016, 5:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
I cannot tell what they're planning to develop. Either the MARTA parcels or those parcels in conjunction with adjacent properties?
I think the scope of this particular TOD is the MARTA-owned parcels north of Morosgo and west of Piedmont. That would basically be the parcels outlined in red on the second map. We'd have to get a copy of the actual TOD request to figure out specifically what parcels are included and whether any other privately owned parcels would be included.

The first map just looks like a master plan for the entire Lindbergh Station area.

Update from MARTA website:

Project Title: Lindbergh Center Station Transit Oriented Development (TOD) Project
Project Number: RFP P38602
Description: MARTA is seeking proposals from Proponents that are capable of developing a mixed-use development and structured parking facilities (“Project”) on MARTA’s real property located at MARTA’s Transit Oriented Development (“TOD”) project in the City of Atlanta. MARTA requests qualified Proponents to submit a Development Proposal for the redevelopment of an approximately 0.87-acre vacant lot at 2562 Piedmont Road, and an approximately .329-acre property with a small structure at 572 Morosgo Drive, in Atlanta, Georgia.
Bid Submittal Date From:
Bid Submittal Date To:
Bid Submittal Location:
Bid Opening Date: N/A
Bid Opening Location:
Proposal/Quote Submittal date From: Jan 23 2017 9:00AM
Proposal/Quote Submittal date To: Jan 23 2017 2:00PM
Proposal/Quote Submittal Location: MARTA Annex
CPB/RFP Conference Date: Dec 7 2016 10:00AM
CPB/RFP Conference Location: MARTA Headquarters
Site Visits:
Project Contact: rebryant@itsmarta.com

Last edited by jwbab; Nov 29, 2016 at 5:29 PM.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2016, 5:16 PM

Was back home in Atlanta for Thanksgiving. I was so impressed at all the new construction. I especially love how new construction is moving north and extending the midtown skyline northward. I also saw the crane for JPX showing on the connector. That will provide for an view after BOA tower on the connector. I hope the gap between midtown and downtown will continue to close with CODA and The Standard.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2016, 5:48 PM

Quote:
excited to see this get started.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2016, 6:03 PM

Crescent Lenox at 3387 Lenox Rd NE had some recent permit movement; they filed for a replat of the property.

Camden Buckhead filed for Land Development permit (the more urban expansion of the recently built Camden development along East Andrews)

Cornerstone MOB (Collier and Peachtree), Juniper and 5th, and Broadstone West Midtown Land Dev. Permit are Ready to Issue

NCR Phase 2 Land Development Permit is issued. And if you look in the webcam you can see that the land is all but cleared for that phase (it used to be staging area for materials and construction offices)

Old Posted Nov 29, 2016, 6:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlwarrior View Post
Was back home in Atlanta for Thanksgiving. I was so impressed at all the new construction. I especially love how new construction is moving north and extending the midtown skyline northward. I also saw the crane for JPX showing on the connector. That will provide for an view after BOA tower on the connector. I hope the gap between midtown and downtown will continue to close with CODA and The Standard.
I was also in Atlanta for a few weeks. There are SO MANY buildings going up right now in Atlanta. It's pretty exciting for a skyscraper fan.

I have to say though, I'm not sure if anyone would agree. But several years ago during the previous building boom, a lot of people on here at the time would say tall buildings aren't city make when referencing Buckhead. IMHO, as cool as it was seeing all the new buildings that have been built and the ones going up...Midtown is becoming more and more boring at night. This is a real complaint that others that live in the area are feeling. What's weird is that there was more pedestrian activity 4 years ago, as compared to today.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2016, 6:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scania View Post
I was also in Atlanta for a few weeks. There are SO MANY buildings going up right now in Atlanta. It's pretty exciting for a skyscraper fan.

I have to say though, I'm not sure if anyone would agree. But several years ago during the previous building boom, a lot of people on here at the time would say tall buildings aren't city make when referencing Buckhead. IMHO, as cool as it was seeing all the new buildings that have been built and the ones going up...Midtown is becoming more and more boring at night. This is a real complaint that others that live in the area are feeling. What's weird is that there was more pedestrian activity 4 years ago, as compared to today.
Yes some of the nightlife has suffered a tad, but the foot traffic is definitely up.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2016, 6:11 PM

Relay Bikeshare just announced that Georgia's Own Credit Union will be the title sponsor. This will allow Atlanta's bike share system to grow. Combined with the sales tax that just passed that will provide quite a bit of funding for complete streets and the Beltline, biking is about to take off in a big way.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2016, 6:48 PM

Quote:

I don't spend a lot of time in Midtown at night anymore in my old age, but foot traffic is definitely up over 4 years ago during the day.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2016, 6:56 PM

On the weekdays and weekends during the early evenings(6-10 pm), there's definitely more foot traffic than there was 4 years ago, especially on Peachtree, West Peachtree, and Spring....I actually found Midtown to be pretty dead in 2012 when I did my weekly walks through the neighborhood while living in downtown for college.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2016, 7:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpk1292000 View Post
I don't spend a lot of time in Midtown at night anymore in my old age, but foot traffic is definitely up over 4 years ago during the day.
Lol, understandable...as far as foot traffic, I was referring to night.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2016, 7:17 PM

880 West Peachtree is breaking ground today-- removing trees and installing silt fencing right now.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2016, 7:17 PM

Quote:
Midtown is becoming more and more boring at night. This is a real complaint that others that live in the area are feeling.
Yep. Just had a friend move from 14th st to the BeltLine and he was blown away at the stark difference of foottraffic, options for food, and nightlife found along the EST compared to Midtown. Interesting enough, I wouldn't even say the EST has top 3 nightlife in Atlanta right now, although it does have a handful of dining options and absolutely the most foottraffic, except for maybe Edgewood or Buckhead late on the weekends. As much as I love Midtown, it's pretty low currently on my neighborhood list of choice to potentially purchase property.. That could all change quickly with the addition of grocers, local restaurants, quality of properties offered, and ease of access to other neighborhoods that have more of a local feel.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2016, 7:23 PM

Quote:
Yep. Just had a friend move from 14th st to the BeltLine and he was blown away at the stark difference of foottraffic, options for food, and nightlife found along the EST compared to Midtown. Interesting enough, I wouldn't even say the EST has top 3 nightlife in Atlanta right now, although it does have a handful of dining options and absolutely the most foottraffic, except for maybe Edgewood or Buckhead late on the weekends. As much as I love Midtown, it's pretty low currently on my neighborhood list of choice to potentially purchase property.. That could all change quickly with the addition of grocers, local restaurants, quality of properties offered, and ease of access to other neighborhoods that have more of a local feel.
I really don't like the northern Midtown area either....it's rather boring north of say...12th street. I really like the Midtown area between 5th and 10th however. Seems there are always people out in that part of Midtown.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2016, 7:42 PM
Kev K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
I really don't like the northern Midtown area either....it's rather boring north of say...12th street. I really like the Midtown area between 5th and 10th however. Seems there are always people out in that part of Midtown.
Census District 11 (10th to 14th / Highway to PP) has 4 towers UC currently (Yoo otP, Hannover on W Peachtree, Post Midtown, Alta otP, I guess Azure is finished already) and 8 active-ish proposals(SLS Hotel, Tiny Condo on 12th, Tiny Condo on 14th, 195 13th, Dewberry Hotel @ 14th, Dewbery Apts at 14th&Juniper, Yoo on Peachtree, Opus Place phase I & II, Dual-branded hotel on 14th).

If they are all completed (unlikely, but whateva), the population density would be ~54,000 ppsm. In 2010, the density was 19,971 ppsm.

Colony Square and its 190,000 sq ft of re-imagined retail would be the new "center" of north-Midtown along with 200,000 sq ft of newly built retail (including a flagship Whole Foods) among recently completed (since '12), UC, and proposed projects. If Dewberry did their 2-story retail wrapping Campanile, the foot-traffic and street-presence would be incredible.

There would still be a gap between N Midtown and S Midtown due to the Federal reserve and Dew-nothing's land at 10th st but between the Park and the Club district there is a lot of foot traffic, its just not isolated to Peachtree.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2016, 8:00 PM

880 W. Peachtree is moving forward. Equipment on site, trees coming down.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2016, 8:50 PM

880 West Peachtee - Alexan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeanuts View Post
880 W. Peachtree is moving forward. Equipment on site, trees coming down.

Pictures would be greatly appreciated, if possible.

Thanks to all sharing the great news and continued updates - on 880 !!

I wonder what type of retail is likely to occupy their ground floor, speaking of Midtown nightlife

Old Posted Nov 29, 2016, 9:10 PM

I find it hilarious how Eviva was one of the very first highrises proposed in Midtown this cycle and so far like 15-20 highrises have broken ground before it has. Just seems like gross negligence of the management of Integral or maybe the project was just too much of an undertaking because so far, it looks like they've only done midrises and garden apartments based on their profile.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2016, 9:51 PM

Quote:

Yep! I only saw one club open Thanksgiving night which was bulldogs that cater to gay blacks. Midtown DRC need members diversity and should make a hard turn by suggesting projects add some type of entertainment factor. The type of entertainment that suits the area. Live music restaurants would be a great place to start. Studying Chicago nightlife entertainment districts might help too.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2016, 9:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlwarrior View Post
Yep! I only saw one club open Thanksgiving night which was bulldogs that cater to gay blacks. Midtown DRC need to make a hard turn by suggesting projects add some type of entertainment factor. The type of entertainment that suits the area. Live music restaurants would be a great place to start.
I would like to personally see a movie theatre as well.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations